What will you do when we get The General?

A great mystery may soon be solved. When you finally hear the legend (studio or live) and wtf it actually is, how will you react?

Will you delete your account and never listen to GnR again in solidarity of a bygone era?

Will you declare it the greatest GnR song ever, and explain in detail how it completely makes sense as a sequel to Estranged (you also probably think Sorry is doom metal, then)?

Will you stop breathing three quarters of the way through hearing it due to excitement?

Will you listen to it, and think, “alright…” and then go about your day?

Will you say Slash phones it in and continue to wait for the “true” (1999-2014 will do) version of the song with Tobias/Robin/Bucket/Bumble/Ashba/Dave Navarro/ Gary Sunshine/Zack Wyde?

Will you explain it sucks because it is NuGNR?

So many possibilities. Now we believe even more. I hope I am helping to manifest this happening, or something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Once I finish listening to it, I’m gonna do the same thing I do every day:

1.Play wordle and it’s associated games.

2.Play a round or two of solitaire.

3.Watch midday re-runs of Family Feud.

4.Make a snack by putting cheese (sometimes Muenster or sometimes mozzarella) on top of crackers and microwave it for a little bit so that the cheese is meltier. Sometimes I also use salt and pepper cause I have some and don’t know what else to do with it.

5.Watch new episodes of Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and Family Feud, followed by an old rerun of Jeopardy.

6.Write in my journal so that I feel like I did something.

7.Go to sleep.

• Haha 2

first before i listen to it, maybe scream into a pillow in excitement

then i listen to it.

then i'll probably go "yay that was cool".

then look up the lyrics for it since i'm terrible as sussing out what singers are saying during songs

then check the forums to see what everyone else says about it

listen to it a few more times to let it sink in

celebrate in my mind i guess! and maybe on the forums too!

5tp6.gif

giphy.gif  <- how i feel when i'm hyped!

and then wait for the rest of the songs to come out! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Realistically, we will probably all move on to trying to will other “big guns” like Seven, Berlin, Zodiac, Soul Monster, etc. into existence. Same shit, different song.

Especially if The General  is meh 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Atlas was hyped up for years on this forum like it was some masterpiece. And when it finally leaked, it ended up a shit song. Haha I learned my lesson from that, so I’m not expecting to like a song based off of small pieces or a title.

I learned my lesson after Sebastian Bach was talking up “sorry” back before CD came out. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Atlas was hyped up for years on this forum like it was some masterpiece. And when it finally leaked, it ended up a shit song. Haha I learned my lesson from that, so I’m not expecting to like a song based off of small pieces or a title.

20 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I learned my lesson after Sebastian Bach was talking up “sorry” back before CD came out. 

Atlas was better than I expected and Bach was right about Sorry. Anyone who says that "almost like doom metal" isn't a pretty accurate way to describe Sorry has probably never listened to doom metal.

That being said when The General is released, I will listen to it and then listen to it some more. That's it really!

If it's an epic song, I think it will be received with enthusiasm, only to turn negative upon further listening. There will be complaints about mixing or whatever technical stuff I know nothing about it. If it's just a normal, unpretentious song, people will be mad at GNR because they've expected too much for so many years.

It's impossible to live up to its expectations, I think. That's why I find it odd they kept the title.

As for what I will do, it will feel like an important moment listening to it for the first time, but for me personally, it's not that different from hearing the leaks for the first time years ago. I just hope I like it and I will know once again why I love the band so much. I hope it has a least some depth in the lyrics and stuff.