Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

3 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

I’m a novice when it comes to the technical side of these things, but does that mean the song is/was ready to go/uploaded already, just waiting for the thumbs up?

Yes, it's ready to go. When? I don't know (could be tomorrow, next Friday...) but it seems this time soon is the word

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

neither was absurd 

But that came out of the blue, on the second show of that NA run. Perhaps has been oddly cockteased for months now. 

2 minutes ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

GNR can release a new album full of original material tomorrow and you would find some way to complain.

“Yeah? Cool.”

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

At this point they've dragged this release out so much (by mentioning new songs in interviews for months, playing it at sound checks, the linkfire page, the linkedin post, etc) that they could release the song right now, and most reactions here would simply be "finally, now where's The F'N General?"

It's almost impressive that they're botching this even more than the Hardschool release. :lol:

GNR are now the alcoholic family member who just, and heartbreakingly, refuses to their act together and get help. Today they just came home wasted…again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Be nice if the reason for delay now is because someone decided to nut up and release all four (or however many) of the completed tracks at once. 

That’s what I’ve been thinking.

Currently, Spotify is showing GnR for Perhaps, The General, Atlas and ‘Soul Mon’ 🇯🇲

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, gavgnr said:

That’s what I’ve been thinking.

Currently, Spotify is showing GnR for Perhaps, The General, Atlas and ‘Soul Mon’ 🇯🇲

That would be AMAZING…but this current god awful rollout for just one (previously leaked) song is just so totally on brand for them.😕

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

At this point they've dragged this release out so much (by mentioning new songs in interviews for months, playing it at sound checks, the linkfire page, the linkedin post, etc) that they could release the song right now, and most reactions here would simply be "finally, now where's The F'N General?"

It's almost impressive that they're botching this even more than the Hardschool release. :lol:

100%, it's a song we all have heard and know in a basic form already. It's not going to change much so there'll be a bit of excitement getting to listen to the finished version and seeing the reaction but after that it's back to square one.

• Like 1

I'm going to call BS on the Apple link. Someone else has claimed on Reddit that there is a The General link on Apple Music, and has referenced some dark web forum as the source... Also, comparing the alleged Apple Music URLs for Perhaps and The General to those of HS and Absurd shows that the former lack 'single' in the address where it is present for the latter.