Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

what's up w the timing issue at the start of the solo? the first bend doesn't come in on the "1" after the end of the chorus and the end of the chorus is like cut off too soon. there's a similar timing issue with the vocals on the verse of absurd wtf is that about

1 minute ago, Ollster42 said:

what's up w the timing issue at the start of the solo? the first bend doesn't come in on the "1" after the end of the chorus and the end of the chorus is like cut off too soon. there's a similar timing issue with the vocals on the verse of absurd wtf is that about

The cut & paste job on Absurd is really bad. How it hasn't been fixed is beyond me 

6 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Listening to it now and I've gotta say, it sounds pretty good. I can't be arsed to go back and listen to the original version, but I'm assuming this is the exact same vocal take as with Hard Skool and Absurd?

Slash's solo is much better than the non-entity that was the solo on the old version.

It seems the vocals are different in part.

happens at 0:23 in absurd on the "screaming fucking banshee" line, that vocal starts before the beginning of the next bar. they do it right live and they did it right in '01. Would it have been something to do with the vocal track being moved from the original project onto the new slash+duff instrumental?

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

The cut & paste job on Absurd is really bad. How it hasn't been fixed is beyond me 

Yeah it's rough asf

What if theres a whole other reason for the delays. Picture this.. GNR is obligated to release new music, by universal/geffen or by contractual obligations by the other 2 bigs. In the latter case, what if its stated that the other 2 big ones (Slash and Duff) must be on the record, due to shares and other revs. Axl is then forced to re-record parts of Finck or Bucket, which PERHAPS isnt in favour of the song, which hé knows.

2 minutes ago, Crain2013 said:

What if theres a whole other reason for the delays. Picture this.. GNR is obligated to release new music, by universal/geffen or by contractual obligations by the other 2 bigs. In the latter case, what if its stated that the other 2 big ones (Slash and Duff) must be on the record, due to shares and other revs. Axl is then forced to re-record parts of Finck or Bucket, which PERHAPS isnt in favour of the song, which hé knows.

No 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's really kind of astonishing that companies that work with GN'R have made so many gaffes in a row in the past few days. And these are professionals, they're not Team Brazil. First the accidental posting on Linkedin by GN'R's social media partners. Then Universal with the countdown test page and the jukebox app (because the label handles the distribution of the music and deals with the streaming services, not TB).

So either it's a plan or these companies have assigned GN'R to their least competent employees. Or maybe they're simply unlucky, because only this fanbase would find out about that stuff :lol:

Obviously this was an oversight or a mistake 

However these things can happen when you operate in this fashion. Pulling singles last minute, having a part of the fanbase who’s constantly looking for nuggets of info since the band is mostly silent, etc…

It creates extra work and combing through an entire release plan last minute. It leaves a lot more room for error when things move in this fashion.

Other artists don’t typically work this way and don’t have to worry about fanbases combing for info

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Crain2013 said:

I don't think either of this is likely. Judging from the latest releases, GN'R owns the master recordings now and not Universal, so there doesn't seem to be any obligations as far as the label is concerned. With Slash and Duff there's probably a deal in place that they'll get publishing rights for re-recording these songs. If there's any obligations it's probably with Live Nation to help push ticket sales in NA.

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The screenshot with the list was supposed to be from the hacked emails, so I suppose it wasn't posted publicly then, although it may have been shared in private between some forum members.

You are correct. I’m not comfortable talking about the details through PM, but offered SoulMonster a phone call, which he wasn’t too keen on which is understandable. 
A website really tells it all, with their article with MSL. They published a list of all the documents he had, the titles of which reveal a lot of info. 
Not sure if the original page is available, but it was copied here:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=10365
I don’t really care if people think the list is real or not, I get why this isn’t the most trusting of circles, but myself and a handful of others here know 100% it is real. The original screenshot wasn’t from my PC, you can’t tell from what leaked but the original screenshot was from a PC running Windows XP. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cosmo said:

Why would that impact the release of a “new” GnR single?

Slash and Duff were in VR and have a relationship with the photographer. A single release could have buried any PR or social media posts they shared for that announcement 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Slash and Duff were in VR and have a relationship with the photographer. A single release could have buried any PR or social media posts they shared for that announcement 

I think if they actually care about the dude, they’d tell him to release it in a different date, not influencing the GnR release.

6 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Someone mentioned hearing it on the Steve Hoffman forums a few years back. I forget the context, but it was definitely mentioned independently of the forum at least once.

That was a thread where people were recalling stories of meeting musicians/celebrities. One guy was in Florida the summer of 2003, happened to see Axl at a restaurant he was at. He chatted with Axl, and surprised Axl when he mentioned The Blues (the fan heard it from a bootleg of a performance) Axl invited him over to his table, and later played him some demos from CD in his Ferrari. I think he said 8 demos, may have been an estimate. When someone asked the poster if he played anything that didn’t make the album, he said yes, and said Axl played a song called 100 Cuban Skies which is about cigars. Not sure if it had vocals or not.