Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

12 minuti fa, GNFNRUK ha scritto:

Interpreta per favore... 

I'm beginning to be increasingly skeptical about the Friday 18 release.
On the other hand, the link to GnR's page is still there, and UMG's still seems to be on hold as well.
They will probably release the song, but who knows when.
In case the August 18 date is true, it would be the first time that we Italians give a preview news 🤣

22 minuti fa, Georgina Arriaga ha detto:

Potete tradurre per favore?

I'm beginning to be increasingly skeptical about the Friday 18 release.
On the other hand, the link to GnR's page is still there, and UMG's still seems to be on hold as well.
They will probably release the song, but who knows when.
In case the August 18 date is true, it would be the first time that we Italians give a preview news 🤣

Edited by klakly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

It's actually baffling that they're going to release this now when the tour is coming to an end and then there is Christmas holidays and Slash solo career early next year. 

I'd love to know what logic they apply... 

I don't think they release singles at all to affect ticket sales (because it doesn't really matter, the audiences come to hear Paradise City not a new song anyway), or to earn money from music sales (even with promotion the singles wouldn't sell much, this kind of music is not popular anymore) - nor do I think they are that motivated by releasing music to earn money anyway (they already have huge profits from the touring, which is perhaps simpler for them). Some fans here like to think that the band has this motivation to be great again, but I think it is more the fans that for some reason has a need to see their band become great again. They are in their 60s, I think they are pretty content with where they are.

So I think Axl releases the singles more because he wants them to come out, they mean something to him (or the concept of still releasing music means something to him), but there is no rush for him, nor does the releases need to be timed to anything in particular. He might even wait with some songs till after they have finished touring, because then he won't have to try to sing them live (instead of releasing them while touring but not sing them and thus acknowledge that his voice has weakened that much).

So I think we should give up trying to force their actions into some conventional approach on how bands release music to become big and enable touring. I don't think it's like that at all. 

• GNFNR 1

I always think that axl doesn't want to push the singles cause if he does loads of promos and puts effort into it and it doesn't live up to his expectations then he's going be upset where if you don't try and just throw it out you have a excuse built in of it would of done better with promotion.  Spares his emotions  but I guess we will see 

1 minute ago, pbj_jam said:

If everything wasn't spoiled already, you would have no clue as to whether said songs were recorded yesterday or 20 years ago, this isn't something uniquely pertaining to gnr.

You're absolutely right.  Axl's voice hasn't changed in any way over the past twenty-five years.

6 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The 18th is the last day I will be hopeful for. If it doesn’t happen then, I just assume it’s been shelved or cancelled, or maybe at best will come out 2 years down the line like Hard Skool did after being rumored in 2019.

Why does it matter to you so much? You already heard the song lol. We've had it for 4 years now. The official release is only going to be slightly different.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DSTK said:

I must have dreamed the 2006 & 10 voice then...Best he's ever sounded 

Was at all four Hammerstein shows in '06 and three shows in '10.  Sarcasm didn't translate in a forum post...settle down, cowboy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Why does it matter to me? Someone whose username is AxlRoseCDII? Someone who’s favorite band is, or should I say was, GNR? Gee, I wonder why it would ever matter to me to have music i geniunely loved be formally released and played live. 

Yeah, just not understanding why it actually matters if it's formally released or not. That doesn't change anything. You've heard the song. It won't sound nearly as good live. Wanting it to be released and played live is fine, but if it doesn't come out on the 18th, nothing has changed. It's still going to come out. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, downzy said:

Facilitating a project and tours like this still aren't easy. 

Look, I'm not a huge fan of how Fernando has conducted himself with the fan base, but I'll give credit where credit is due.  A reunion was never going to happen if Axl suspected it was being pushed on him by management that was only interested in collecting its 10-15 percent.  My impression is that Axl is very suspicious of people who are only looking out for their own financial interests and are willing to sacrifice how he feels to achieve their objectives.  One of the benefits of TB being less than supportive of a reunion with Slash is that Axl knows they weren't helping him because they knew it would only enrich themselves.  I have no doubt that they care about him very deeply based on my own interactions with both Fernando and Beta.  

So you can say TB was at the right place and right time, but I don't see how it happens without them.  

See my post above.

At the end of the day, if anyone thinks that being Axl Roses's personal or artist manager is easy, well, they should talk to some of the people I've spoken with.  I'm not here to shit on him as I don't know him.  But I don't think it's coincidental that there's been a revolving roster of people that have come and gone in Axl's life.  Managing Axl Rose isn't a job for someone who is there for the pay cheque.  It takes a tremendous amount of trust, something that Beta, Fernando and everyone else around him spent years building.  Who really knows, but if you think the reunion or tour happens (or continues past a few shows) without TB, you're not going to find much agreement from me.  

I feel this is spot on. I think the reality is there isn't a scenario in which Axl has regular management and it works out, I feel it's essentially a case of TB or bust. Whilst they're not the most competent management available to GN'R I feel like it's the only way things are going to work. I think the whole Chinese era really showed that no deadlines, incentives or motivation from anyone else really has an impact on what Axl does. Sure, it sucks that 'new' music is being drip-fed at a snail's pace but I don't really see anything that would change that unless Axl one day woke up and decided he wanted to make a record. 

I guess the bonus is he's still out there doing stuff and this is the most consistent and prolonged period of activity we've had at this point. He hasn't gone to ground for yonks like he did in the past. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I really hope it comes out on Friday. I'll buy the single, and order it on physical media, if possible, then will go to the bar and listen to it there a few times on the jukebox. 

Il join virtually with a beer 🍺

• Thanks 1