Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

28 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Just saying - if they had really abandoned plans to release the song as people seem to be thinking why would they still be soundchecking it at basically every gig?

They've soundchecked it 4 times outta like 20+ gigs! Bit of an exaggeration but I'll take your point

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They soundchecked Hard Skool at a significant number of shows since 2019, and that song took an eternity to come out. In fairness, I could see a 2025, maybe 2026 release date for this song if the 18th doesn’t come true.

Yeah i can see that, but no fucking way anyone would be waiting here every Friday until 2026 for one fn song, the most realistic scenario in my mind if it's not out in two days, would be that we'll get Perhaps when GNR's own Xscape comes out in 2045. 

They soundchecked Hard Skool once in 2019 (not fully confirmed) and one time in 2020 just before everything was cancelled until 2021 because of Covid, so it doesn't really count.

Then they were soundchecking it at a few shows in 2021 and it was eventually released that year.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

They soundchecked Hard Skool once in 2019 (not fully confirmed) and one time in 2020 just before everything was cancelled until 2021 because of Covid, so it doesn't really count.

Then they were soundchecking it at a few shows in 2021 and it was eventually released that year.

If you write a GN'R encyclopedia, I will buy 10 hardcover.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, ©GnrPersia said:

If you write a GN'R encyclopedia, I will buy 10 hardcover.

Thank you, but it doesn't apply here :lol:

That's very recent information. I thought everyone following these things (soundchecks, setlists etc.) would know/remember.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, doakes said:

It will come out when in comes out… Although one could sympathize with Axl if he decided to say “fuck the weirdo fanatics” and never release another song after reading what this thread devolved into, regarding his loved ones.

Dumbest post I have ever read. You could sympathise with a hundred millionaire rockstar if he decided not to release 20 years worth of music that his entire band want to be released because 4/5 people on a forum don't like his adopted family? Fuck me :facepalm: I guess all footballers in europe should stop playing sport because the crowd sing songs about them too. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

First of all, the jukebox incident isn't the only leak when it comes to this band. It's not even the only leak of this song! It's still the fans that distributed the old leaks and went to bars to record and distribute this leak. As a fan, I'm glad both those things happened, but we can't be surprised when the GN'R camp gets mad.

The GNR camp should only be mad at themselves or whichever incompetent suppliers they used. You can’t blame the fans for wanting to listen to music that becomes available (however which way) from a band they love.

2 hours ago, Nick85 said:

I think the frustration has a lot to do with the fact that “Perhaps” is such a small breadcrumb to throw fans so to keep delaying its release makes it that much more annoying. It’s also pretty much a given that no real promotion will back it up so it begs the question of why do they bother continuously inventing reasons to not release it.

This. They know the fans are starving and they have a loaf of bread ready to go. They say ok we will be ever so good and release a 24 year old delayed song, we again re recorded 3-4 years ago. here is this tiny crumb, you can have it on aug 11. actually no you can't, and since you so badly wanted it, we might not give it to you on the 18th either. If you happen to die of starvation before then, that is your fault, not GnRs it is your fault for being a fan and thinking we'd treat you with anything other than contempt and hate, because we have little minions who want to lick our balls defending us. Fuck GnR Fuck TB

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, like not releasing a song on the date they had initially planned and which we happened to find out about. Fuck them for doing that to us!

What about the 15 previous years? And the 15 years previous to that? I don't know if you are playing GnR backroom nuthugger to be devils advocate, or are just completely ignorant. This song was written in 1998/99. we had a recording of it in 2019. slash and duff re did it in 2019/20. In june 2023 it was soundchecked and added to the setlist. Throw in the 1 album in 30 years. the countless mishaps, fuck ups, non releases etc. now its august 7th and we finally are getting this one 4 minute song on aug 11, out of the hours of music they have and we crave. And they STILL FUCK IT UP and do not release it on aug 11, without saying a SINGLE WORD. Fuck me you must be on the payroll. ignorance of this level costs top dollar

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

I think this is part of a bigger issue within Guns N' Roses' fanbase: entitlement.

And still we have to suffer idiocy like this :facepalm: Entitled to expect recorded music that we have been told is being released, is being released!? Us bastards! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

SoulMonster and StayOfExecution are so badly hoping for an “attaboy” from Team Brazil, and I’m not sure if it’s sad or amusing. 

What does team Brazil have to do with this? It's a label issue, most likely boy. I couldn't care less about TB.

And even if not, you saying they pull a single release out of spite is just ridiculous 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Surely a normal, kind empathetic band would have thought 'this song is ready to go, we're only going to fuck up the release and do zero promotion anyway, people everywhere are dying, they might be our fans, let's release it during covid as we can't play live' No they didnt do that. we got the canva lite edited version of selects. and you lot made out this was the greatest gesture ever and we were so lucky! most other bands were giving away full pro edited shows, or doing live shows from their homes and studios! but coz we're so used to shit from GnR they gave us piss and we drank it like an ice cold beer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

This. They know the fans are starving and they have a load of bread ready to go. They say ok we will be ever so good and release a 24 year old delayed song, we again re recorded 3-4 years ago. here is this tiny crumb, you can have it on aug 11. actually no you can't, and since you so badly wanted it, we might not give it to you on the 18th either. If you happen to die of starvation before then, that is your ault, not GnRs it is your fault for being a fan and thinking we'd treat you with anything other than contempt and hate, because we have little minions who want to lick our balls defending us. Fuck GnR Fuck TB

What about the 15 previous years? And the 15 years previous to that? I don't know if you are playing GnR backroom nuthugger to be devils advocate, or are just completely ignorant. This song was written in 1998/99. we had a recording of it in 2019. slash and duff re did it in 2019/20. In june 2023 it was soundchecked and added to the setlist. Throw in the 1 album in 30 years. the countless mishaps, fuck ups, non releases etc. now its august 7th and we finally are getting this one 4 minute song on aug 11, out of the hours of music they have and we crave. And they STILL FUCK IT UP and do not release it on aug 11, without saying a SINGLE WORD. Fuck me you must be on the payroll. ignorance of this level costs top dollar

All that pent up anger released at such a wrong time when we are about to actually get new music. How bizarre. 

7 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

SoulMonster and StayOfExecution are so badly hoping for an “attaboy” from Team Brazil, and I’m not sure if it’s sad or amusing. 

They are so desperate to be Jarmo. Telling us to live our lives whilst their life goal is to be Axls bitch.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

All that pent up anger released at such a wrong time when we are about to actually get new music. How bizarre. 

Too little. Too late. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

What does team Brazil have to do with this? It's a label issue, most likely boy. I couldn't care less about TB.

And even if not, you saying they pull a single release out of spite is just ridiculous 

What has this band done in recent memory for you (or anyone) to give them the benefit of the doubt?

There is literally no explanation for this song to have been scheduled to be released last Friday and for the band to not acknowledge it’s existence ESPECIALLY after it showed up for publicly play on bar jukeboxes of all things. 

NEVER underestimate this band or their management’s ability to fuck something up. It’s happened over and over again for the past 23 years. 

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

They are so desperate to be Jarmo. Telling us to live our lives whilst their life goal is to be Axls bitch.

What's your obsession with jarmo exactly? When have I told you to live your life?

Lay off the drugs, man. 

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

What has this band does in recent memory for you (or anyone) to give them the benefit of the doubt?

There is literally no explanation for this song to have been scheduled to be released last Friday and for the band to not acknowledge it’s existence ESPECIALLY after it showed up for publicly play on bar jukeboxes of all things. 

NEVER underestimate this band or their management’s ability to fuck something up. It’s happen over and over again for the past 23 years. 

I'm not saying you're wrong and management has been a joke a lot of times. But you're seriously saying they reschedule a release for a song, millions of people are gonna hear, because some nerds on some forum found a link? That's too ridiculous