Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

What's your obsession with jarmo exactly? When have I told you to live your life?

Lay off the drugs, man. 

The drugs are the only thing that make the axl nuthuggers here barely tolerable. Serious Stockholm syndrome from some of you

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

The drugs are the only thing that make the axl nuthuggers here barely tolerable. Serious Stockholm syndrome from some of you

Stockholm syndrome because I don't believe the song was pulled purely out of spite? That's some great logic right there 😂

Just now, joeperryslespaul said:

On WZLX in Boston the DJ just said that they are playing Perhaps starting tomorrow 

He probably just wants to be jarmo and kuddle axl's nuts

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

What's your obsession with jarmo exactly? When have I told you to live your life?

Lay off the drugs, man. 

I'm not saying you're wrong and management has been a joke a lot of times. But you're seriously saying they reschedule a release for a song, millions of people are gonna hear, because some nerds on some forum found a link? That's too ridiculous 

You realize that this is Axl Rose that we’re talking about….right?

1 minute ago, joeperryslespaul said:

On WZLX in Boston the DJ just said that they are playing Perhaps starting tomorrow 

Press X to doubt. 

What kills me about the band is that they just don't seem to understand that we're in an internet age. Whether August 11th/18th is official or not, someone is going to find those graphics when they're out there. Someone is going to record the soundchecks. Someone is going to find Perhaps on a shitty jukebox app and upload it to SoundCloud. These things are par for the course in this age. Especially considering GNR fans are desperate to hear new material. I mean, they must know this by now, right? Ehhhhh, I don't think they do. Which is puzzling beyond belief, honestly.

What kills me even more is that they've had numerous leaks before, and yet, they still don't learn. There are far too many oversights here. I'm not going to blame some overzealous fan on the internet for managing to find this shit out. They're doing more work than GNR is at this point. The band is like a character on Men In Black, constantly getting their mind wiped with a light. They just seem to forget that when these things are ready to go, you better: a) release that shit, or b) plug that hole in every single way possible, before it's even meant to be snuffed out. Unfortunately for them, they can't seem to do either. So, they get caught in this ridiculous limbo where they won't release music and also can't plug up every leak. They're so reactive (to a massive fault), when they should be more proactive.

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

They are so desperate to be Jarmo. Telling us to live our lives whilst their life goal is to be Axls bitch.

Is that what I try to do? Shit, maybe I should stop criticizing Axl then?! You are not exactly very bright :lol:

As for living your life and not having a public breakdown because a band pushes a release of a new single some days, a release that wasn't even made official, yeah, I think that's a good idea; but on second thought, grown-ups don't act this pathetic simply over such a trifle matter so I reckon something else is happening in your life that isn't too cool, so maybe spend more time here to get away, and use this place to rage and complain even if that makes a complete fool of yourself?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

You realize that this is Axl Rose that we’re talking about….right?

Yup, still doesn't convince me that he would reschedule a release out of spite. Like, what would be the reasoning behind this? What would he gain from it? You saying "it's Axl Rose" is not really an argument here. It's just you making assumptions that sound pretty ridiculous 

6 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

What kills me about the band is that they just don't seem to understand that we're in an internet age. Whether August 11th/18th is official or not, someone is going to find those graphics when they're out there. Someone is going to record the soundchecks. Someone is going to find Perhaps on a shitty jukebox app and upload it to SoundCloud. These things are par for the course in this age. Especially considering GNR fans are desperate to hear new material. I mean, they must know this by now, right? Ehhhhh, I don't think they do. Which is puzzling beyond belief, honestly.

What kills me even more is that they've had numerous leaks before, and yet, they still don't learn. There are far too many oversights here. I'm not going to blame some overzealous fan on the internet for managing to find this shit out. They're doing more work than GNR is at this point. The band is like a character on Men In Black, constantly getting their mind wiped with a light. They just seem to forget that when these things are ready to go, you better: a) release that shit, or b) plug that hole in every single way possible, before it's even meant to be snuffed out. Unfortunately for them, they can't seem to do either. So, they get caught in this ridiculous limbo where they won't release music and also can't plug up every leak. They're so reactive (to a massive fault), when they should be more proactive.

And their go to excuse is to always blame the fans for their plans not coming to fruition, which is why it’s so easy for me to believe that they saw this massive clusterfuck explode and to say “well, fine, since they’ve heard it in ways that we didn’t mean them to, we’re just not going to release it now - that’ll teach them a lesson!”

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Is that what I try to do? Shit, maybe I should stop criticizing Axl then?! You are not exactly very bright :lol:

As for living your life and not having a public breakdown because a band pushes a release of a new single some days, a release that wasn't even made official, yeah, I think that's a good idea; but on second thought, grown-ups don't act this pathetic simply over such a trifle matter so I reckon something else is happening in your life that isn't too cool, so maybe spend more time here to get away, and use this place to rage and complain even if that makes a complete fool of yourself?

Don't worry about me, I can call out the shitshow that GnR is whether I'm happy, sad, angry or having fun! Because GnR is a shitshow, and to not call it out for what it is, is wilful ignorance. I wish i could live in blissful ignorance towards this band as you do. But clearly I haven't found the Soma pills yet. 

• Haha 1

And their go to excuse is to always blame the fans for their plans not coming to fruition, which is why it’s so easy for me to believe that they saw this master clusterfuck explode and to say “well, fine, since they’ve heard it in ways that we didn’t mean them to, we’re just not going to release it now - that’ll teach them a lesson!”

What leason would that be? Next time we wouldn't listen to the song? Or not share the links? 

25 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

What has this band does in recent memory for you (or anyone) to give them the benefit of the doubt?

I disagree with the whole concept of doing anything for us. That's where your entitlement comes from. Stop expecting them to do anything for you. Then you won't get so butthurt when they don't live up to your expectations. 

But what they have done is tour in my whereabouts (I said, "Thanks, but no thanks") and sold three singles over the last few years, which I got. And I am quite pleased they still tour and release music (sort of), it is a lot better than the most likely alternative of retiring. 

19 minutes ago, joeperryslespaul said:

But McCoy keeps telling us they know nothing in radio! 

Edited by SoulMonster

30 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

This. They know the fans are starving and they have a loaf of bread ready to go. They say ok we will be ever so good and release a 24 year old delayed song, we again re recorded 3-4 years ago. here is this tiny crumb, you can have it on aug 11. actually no you can't, and since you so badly wanted it, we might not give it to you on the 18th either. If you happen to die of starvation before then, that is your fault, not GnRs it is your fault for being a fan and thinking we'd treat you with anything other than contempt and hate, because we have little minions who want to lick our balls defending us. Fuck GnR Fuck TB

What about the 15 previous years? And the 15 years previous to that? I don't know if you are playing GnR backroom nuthugger to be devils advocate, or are just completely ignorant. This song was written in 1998/99. we had a recording of it in 2019. slash and duff re did it in 2019/20. In june 2023 it was soundchecked and added to the setlist. Throw in the 1 album in 30 years. the countless mishaps, fuck ups, non releases etc. now its august 7th and we finally are getting this one 4 minute song on aug 11, out of the hours of music they have and we crave. And they STILL FUCK IT UP and do not release it on aug 11, without saying a SINGLE WORD. Fuck me you must be on the payroll. ignorance of this level costs top dollar

Hey but don’t worry about it just go “live your life”

Edited by timoteo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Don't worry about me, I can call out the shitshow that GnR is whether I'm happy, sad, angry or having fun! Because GnR is a shitshow, and to not call it out for what it is, is wilful ignorance. I wish i could live in blissful ignorance towards this band as you do. But clearly I haven't found the Soma pills yet. 

I think I am very aware of what is happening, it just don't affect me as much as it affects you. Again, I don't think a song being released a week later than not announced can make you into such a whimpering figure, something else must be happening in your life,or you are just the world's greatest snowflake. 

3 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Apparently this is true - I just messaged one of my friends that works the rock format, and he confirmed that it IS dropping tomorrow and they’re playing it once an hour after 10 AM

That's cool. Maybe the complaints will take a break soon. I get embarrassed by proxy just from reading this thread. 

• Haha 1

I just messaged one of my friends that works in rock radio (I work in a different format), and he confirmed 100% that “Perhaps” will be going to radio tomorrow morning and his station is playing it once an hour all day. 

I’ll be damned. 

So it wasn't cancelled for good? That's so weird.

• Haha 1

I just messaged one of my friends that works in rock radio (I work in a different format), and he confirmed 100% that “Perhaps” will be going to radio tomorrow morning and his station is playing it once an hour all day. 

I’ll be damned. 

What do you think happened to mellow Axl towards us since he was intent on not releasing it to "punish us"? Was it all my non-sucking up to him that did the trick? 

• Haha 1