"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

4 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I tried buying it but the shipping to France is $22. I refuse to pay $22 on shipping for two vinyls that, together, cost $33. Don't they have an european store/warehouse? Damn.

That is a more than reasonable price from the US to Europe. My order was three Perhaps vinyls and 2 of the small die-cast 1:64 cars, and my shipping total (I'm in the US) was $32.98. Mine will be split into two shipments though, so it would probably be about $16 each.

When I ordered Hard Skool, it came from Detroit, Michigan, which is only a few hours from where I'm at in west Michigan. 

28 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

It’s a revenue stream they’d be missing out on for sure, so I’m struggling to understand the why behind *not* releasing it digitally.

Tinfoil hat theory: it won't be streaming on the Perhaps single, but'll show up on a CD Leftovers comp/new digital EP down the road. The single doesn't have two tracks on streaming services, so it would have to be its own release one way or another. Really the only way I can get that to make sense in my mind. If that's going to be the case, but they're even mentioning the song name on their social now...so, yeah. I can't see it being an album only track. 

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 2

If they were smarter, they'd announce the vinyl would ship before digital release, and when it got a bit closer to release, they'd make it a bandcamp exclusive for 2-3 days in the choose your price as 1 USD or more, then release it on streaming. At that point, anyone who would've preordered the vinyl, would've done it by then and anyone who's too nervous to wait, would've downloaded the song.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

It’s a revenue stream they’d be missing out on for sure, so I’m struggling to understand the why behind *not* releasing it digitally.

It will be ripped and widely available for free online the moment the vinyls ship, so not releasing it digitally or on streaming means they're forgoing additional money and good publicity for no reason. It would make no sense. 

In other words, it seems there's a decent chance this rumor is true :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

It will be ripped and widely available for free online the moment the vinyls ship, so not releasing it digitally or on streaming means they're forgoing additional money and good publicity for no reason. It would make no sense. 

In other words, it seems there's a decent chance this rumor is true :lol:

Exactly. I’m not sure I put much stock in it not being the case on the grounds of it “not making sense” considering the operation in question. 

Edited by Nick85
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

again when you put "the general" it said the artiste is GNR on spotify.

Yeah The General immediately pulls up GNR and Perhaps in all categories so hopefully that’s a good sign of an imminent digital release.

• PERHAPS 2

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they wanted to make more money, they'd put it on fucking youtube, itunes, etc.

Only releasing it on vinyl is a great way to make sure that most people who hear it, haven't paid for it :lol:

I'm just implying the greed behind the management, not their business acumen