"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Very likely- but I'd say that of any song really that we've waited years and years to hear. 

Just builds the hype and expectation.....then reality never lives up to that. CD was a victim of that in the eyes of many. 

Exactly. The longer you keep the audience waiting the higher the expectations 

Setting quality and creative direction aside, there's no way CD could have lived up to the hype. If they'd just released what they had in 2001, it would have been better received if only because expectations would have been lower. It also would have given them some artistic credibility as a real band performing new material they created 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick85 said:

Now why the fuck would they do that? 😒

Because they're managed by a nanny and a pool boy.

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'm sure a member or two here have the proper equipment for a high quality vinyl to high res audio rip if they indeed don't release The General digitally.

I ordered 3 copies of Perhaps on vinyl so I wouldn't feel bad about downloading that. 

I'll happily order 3+ more copies of whatever next they put out on CD as well.

So you reward them for a job not well done.

Why not make it an even 10 copies?

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It will def be on streaming lol

No it won't lol

That's the whole goddamn point of this news.

Do we just label news we don't like fake news now?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This band is always so close to doing things right, but ultimately fails in the end. The fact that they finally chose to release a buried legendary song and then shoved it on to an obscure physical release only is such a GNR move. This band is a joke.

Arrrrr Captain 🏴‍☠️

4 hours ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

It will be ripped and widely available for free online the moment the vinyls ship, so not releasing it digitally or on streaming means they're forgoing additional money and good publicity for no reason. It would make no sense. 

In other words, it seems there's a decent chance this rumor is true :lol:

I don't know.  The Smashing Pumpkins put out Shiny and Oh So Bright Vol. 3 aka Zodeon at Crystal Hall exclusively on vinyl in May and I've still seen no digital version of it.  I hate it when my favorite bands make it so hard to listen to their new music.

I love your username by the way.  I was recently rewatching some old ECW and  it was hilarious seeing Cactus Jack drag a terrified Mikey Whipwreck out to be his tag team partner against Public Enemy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slugworth said:

So you reward them for a job not well done.

Why not make it an even 10 copies?

I support the bands I love, perfect or imperfect.

One copy for me to open and play with, one to keep sealed in the collection, and one to give to a friend or family member. I don't need 7 more.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

51 minutes ago, WayTooManyOstriches said:

I don't know.  The Smashing Pumpkins put out Shiny and Oh So Bright Vol. 3 aka Zodeon at Crystal Hall exclusively on vinyl in May and I've still seen no digital version of it.  I hate it when my favorite bands make it so hard to listen to their new music.

I love your username by the way.  I was recently rewatching some old ECW and  it was hilarious seeing Cactus Jack drag a terrified Mikey Whipwreck out to be his tag team partner against Public Enemy. 

I can't say I'm up to speed on the Smashing Pumpkins record you mentioned but did quick search it seems the songs were recently recorded and included as a box set bonus?

Whereas with The General, it would be like if someone mentioned 15 years ago Billy had a recorded some amazing song, an epic tune with a full orchestra and the heaviest guitar tracks he's ever laid down, then he decided to finally release it as a vinyl only B-side :lol:

Edited by Mikey Whipwreck
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

One copy for me to open and play with, one to keep sealed in the collection, and one to give to a friend or family member. I don't need 7 more.

Obviously I was exaggerating about 10 copies.

Nothing could ever top that one guy buying something like 50 copies of Chinese Democracy.

It was just funny seeing the contrast between management, how they run things, and of course how they view these forums while a forum member jumps for joy about buying multiple copies of the single.

I assume most forum members are buying it, especially those who have heard about this song for 20 years.

59 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Trying to shame people for buying what they want is so lame lol.

Even lamer is referring to that post as shaming.

2 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Next thing will be that it only plays on the G’N’F’R record player. Also available for pe-order on gunsnroses.com for $399.99. 
With this exclusive pre-order purchase a key chain will also be made available as well as 5 minutes of access to the night train message board where all replies must be sent by priority mail with official Guns N’ Roses stamps also available for purchase for $29.99. 

Don't give them ideas... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Enjoy man, this release is a big deal to us. Buy as many as you want, they ain’t limited

• Like 2

I'm wondering what other worthwhile unreleased songs they have when the General comes out and if they'll continue to be drip fed like the recent singles?

Is Atlas Shrugged next? It's a song that continued to be worked on after the Rough Mixes and was allegedly almost included on Chinese Democracy according to Bumblefoot.

The rough mixes version sounded like a work in progress lyrically so it'd be interesting to hear what a final version is like.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mystery said:

I'm wondering what other worthwhile unreleased songs they have when the General comes out and if they'll continue to be drip fed like the recent singles?

Is Atlas Shrugged next? It's a song that continued to be worked on after the Rough Mixes and was allegedly almost included on Chinese Democracy according to Bumblefoot.

The rough mixes version sounded like a work in progress lyrically so it'd be interesting to hear what a final version is like.

One thing I can assure you, the vocals will be identical to the ones on the 2000 version. 

I actually think it could be a cool song. I'm a fan of the first minute and the solo. The jarring key change can easily be fixed with a simple transition. The vocals have a very Southern rock feel to them, so Slash could easily do something in his wheelhouse to beef up the bland instrumental and make the song stronger 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mystery said:

Atlas Shrugged, OMG 2.0, and maybe Soul Monster and Quick Song

• Like 1