"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

Along with Atlas and SOG, I still say we will get a finished version of QuickSong.  In 2019, In Louisville “louder then life festival” I was in line with the fellow rail/hardcores & there was discussion that Fernando was asking around in Charlotte (the show before) if “Quicksong”& “HardSkool” had been leaked yet.. 

I definitely think Quicksong would be a tune Slash would dig!? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Thood9
  • Like 2

Just now, kozydogg said:

Hopefully the hype doesn't overshadow the song.  A few years ago, Atlas Shrugged was hyped up as one of the mythical "Big Guns," yet it ended up being kind of a dud.  Let's hope The General doesn't follow suit.

atlas shrug is a demo and a great one at that. No one outside of us diehards even know it exist.    There is NO WAY the general will live up to this hype, esp if not mixed properly and recorded in the last year etc

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Still haven't heard Perhaps on any of my local rock stations .... Lost by Linkin Park and One of Those Days by Ozzy (ironically with Duff on the song) are still played daily .. And of course no mention of The General

because normal bands do normal things :lol:

13 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Again, for what it's worth: during the Spotify-gate I never had ANY GNR-related results to Perhaps or any other songs (I have an Italian Spotify account).

This changed on August 7, as you can read in this post: 

On that day, Perhaps started to return GNR in the "Artists" field on my side. The song was eventually released on August 18.

I've been trying to search for The General every now and then. I never got any GNR results, except for a couple of fanmade playlists. 

Something changed today. Now The General returns GNR in my "Artists" results:

Screenshot_1453.jpeg

This gives me a little bit of hope because the only other time that this happened on my account was, as mentioned, with Perhaps right before its release. We'll see.

Atlas Shrugged also brings up GNR in artist results… who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If it’s been 20 years, no matter what, even if it’s perfect, it’s gonna let people down. I expect to see a lot of complaining when it releases honestly. I think we as fans have a duty to try to not overhype it and treat it as a stand-alone song, which is hard given the history of how GNR has treated us with new tunes.

Exactly, what may not live up to the hype for you, maybe above expectations for someone else, its pretty subjective. For example Prostitute wasnt what i expected but has end up being one of my favourite songs of all time

@D4NNY Of course I believe you, no need to post the screen. My point is that many people got results even with Soul Monster or Oklahoma or other titles, but this never happened when I tried. The only time it worked for me was when Perhaps was released, so maybe there's a common thread with The General starting to show up today on my side. We'll see in a few days I guess. Fingers crossed.

Just now, Twinaleblood said:

@D4NNY Of course I believe you, no need to post the screen. My point is that many people got results even with Soul Monster or Oklahoma or other titles, but this never happened when I tried. The only time it worked for me was when Perhaps was released, so maybe there's a common thread with The General starting to show up today on my side. We'll see in a few days I guess. Fingers crossed.

Sorry man, I wasn’t posting that in a way to prove you wrong or anything, I was just posting it in response to you saying you don’t see it on your side. After all the Spotify tin foil conspiracies I have doubt in anything hopeful but still, nice to see a result overall. Better than nothing I guess 😅

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I really just hope it’s released digitally instead of having to hear a potentially mediocre vinyl rip. Would be nice to see this treated as any other GNR song and not some bizarre rarity that dies to history. This is GNR though so not holding my breath.

I also hope the mastering keeps the same philosophy as Perhaps (even better, as Chi Dem) and does not go back to stupid levels of compression like the previous two songs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think there’ll always be mystery until we hear Soul Monster, Oklahoma, maybe the redone Atlas, Seven, but I agree that realistically The General is the end and final CDII song we’ll hear. With OMG and Going Down (even if officially unreleased, we’ve heard a complete version), we have 20 CD songs, so at least it feels sort of like we’ve gotten 2 albums worth of songs from this era. I don’t really think GNR will ever actually release new-new music so this may be the last release in their discography ever.

I agree with this. I think this will be the last one. Maybe when they return in 2025 we might get Atlas. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

IDK, I think we could use more people like this to balance out the ass kissers, the forum has been way too lopsided in their direction lately.

I think it’s because the band has actually done good things. Revamped setlist with new deep cuts, Perhaps, and now The General. It’s hard to complain as a GNR fan, right now

• Like 1