"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

3 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Cause the b-side is the incentive to get people to buy the record?

Of course, but they just have to announce the digital release a few hours before the shipping and everyone will have bough the vinyl. It will be ripped and post everywhere after the shippings anyway..

Today I emailed the German store, which is handled by Bravado, about the release date and they confirmed that the release date has indeed been changed to 03/11, even for my order which I placed directly in August.

When asked why they didn't update me about it, they said they can only provide info released by the manufacturer, which didn't answer my question at all.

Edited by Spoon87
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Spoon87 said:

Today I emailed the German store, which is handled by Bravado, about the release date and they confirmed that the release date has indeed been changed to 03/11, even for my order which I placed directly in August.

Okay so the streaming release will be friday 3rd. Except if some people receive the vinyl before. 

5 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

When asked why they didn't update me about it, they said they can only provide info released by the manufacturer, which didn't answer my question at all.

It's been changed in Germany and some other european countries. Release date is still this friday in the US and UK stores, though. Matter of fact, some users have been saying their US shipping has been brought forward to tomorrow (26). To me it still shows the 27th, though.

• Like 2

There's no reason to think it won't be released digitally, but of course people here are expecting the worst case scenarios... understandably.

None of the other singles had a big lead up, except for the unintentional jukebox shitshow. Spotify, linktree, etc are irrelevant until right before it's released. The song will drop, the band will tweet about it once, and move on. As far as I know, the only reason people assume there's no digital release was because of Universal Italy, who later deleted the part about no digital release.

The Hardschool live tracks were mentioned as being physical-only, but that hasn't happened with the General. A few days ago Jarmo said something like 'why wouldn't it be available digitally?'. The Perhaps 7" is cheaper than the HS 7", you'd think with this bands Genius Managers™ they'd promote the song as vinyl-only and charge more for it if that were the case.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I think you guys are setting up for disappointment with the digital version. There’s no proof whatsoever that it’s coming to streaming platforms. Nada.

There wasn't any proof "Perhaps" was coming either. They have not promoted ANY new single prior to dropping it on digital streamers. Yeah, we found the link for "Perhaps" on their link tree thing, and the countdown. That was all removed. Then the song still showed up. We know "The General" is shipping on vinyl. That's enough evidence it's gonna drop at some point on streaming sites. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Two more days, boys and girls.

To those who believe it won't be released digitally, do you think it's a coincidence they are set to ship it out on a Friday? 

The Hard Skool EP was set to be released February 25,2022, and was released early on January 28,2022, both Fridays, even though Hard Skool was already released digitally in September 2021. I'm not sure there's a correlation.

14 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Yeah ... listening to some soundcheck or whatever he was doing. My point stands. Axl isn't tormented by Slash "ruining" his vaulted material by recording over Buckethead and Finck. That's such a ridiculous notion. The guy literally couldn't be bothered to record new "hey, heys" for the bridge in "Hard Skool" so they went back and lifted them from "Eye on You."

Axl did some guest vocal work on an upcoming album by another artist, as did Slash with the same artist.

I never said tormented, but I would bet if Axl had his way, he would prefer the released CD2 tunes, or most of them, have Bucket and Finck's work on it. Axl would probably want Bucket back in the band if Bucket would agree to that. 

Why would Axl re-record those vocals from Eye On You when they are already there, perhaps they were discarded from Eye On You, or maybe he scrapped that song completely so those vocals were available.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/fall?iso=20231027T00&p0=137&msg=The+General+UNLEASHED&font=cursive

Crazy....ONE DAY (well we hope...!) Before the real Monster enters Halloween! Let's hope we're scared for the right reasons!

It's crept up (pardon the continuing puns) but it's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time....digital or not digital? Vinyl big enough to fit it? 😉 One song or two? Whether we all knew about Perhaps pre '19 🤨 ?Haha....some random shit to debate has been the last 15 years kinda condensed into the last 7 days....in which this thread has blossomed an extra 50+ pages!

I wonder who's gonna be the first to hear it and post about it....someone will have the honour of breaking The Generals cherry.....and having first say! Now now, don't be competitive now! 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Axl did some guest vocal work on an upcoming album by another artist, as did Slash with the same artist.

I never said tormented, but I would bet if Axl had his way, he would prefer the released CD2 tunes, or most of them, have Bucket and Finck's work on it. Axl would probably want Bucket back in the band if Bucket would agree to that. 

Why would Axl re-record those vocals from Eye On You when they are already there, perhaps they were discarded from Eye On You, or maybe he scrapped that song completely so those vocals were available.

Well he had from 2001-2016 to put those songs out with the original players on it. It’s his own fault for procrastinating 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

There wasn't any proof "Perhaps" was coming either. They have not promoted ANY new single prior to dropping it on digital streamers. Yeah, we found the link for "Perhaps" on their link tree thing, and the countdown. That was all removed. Then the song still showed up. We know "The General" is shipping on vinyl. That's enough evidence it's gonna drop at some point on streaming sites. 

The Linktree and countdown links were removed because the song was delayed one week, not because we found out. 

You are wrong when you say there wasn’t any proof that those songs were being released digitally. Those two are.

The fact that The General is shipping as a B-side on a physical format doesn’t prove that it’s coming in digital too.

Can you tell me where can I legally stream the physical-only live versions of Absurd, Don’t Cry and You’re Crazy that were officially released less than two years ago?

• Like 4