"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

7 hours ago, General2112 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy1UZ7ds-aQ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Beta liked this post. At this point it’s our only hope that it comes out Friday. 

For me this IG post is almost clear evidence that either digital release will be on Friday or vinyl will be delivered on 27 at least for some people. But the first reason is much more logical for such a post.

P. S. Yep, it's a US general hat on this picture!

Edited by Gunnerfan_rus
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Gunnerfan_rus said:

For me this IG post is almost clear evidence that either digital release will be on Friday or vinyl will be delivered on 27 at least for some people. But the first reason is much more logical for such a post.

P. S. Yep, it's a US general hat on this picture!

Agreed - for me this is as close to definitive proof as we’ll get.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

That is enough time to watch exactly one Scorsese film :lol:

Hahaha you just reminded me i never finished the Irishman!

1 minute ago, RoryGallagher86 said:

Some Curb sounds prettaayyyy pretttaaaayyy pretty good.

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Sonicjam

5 minutes ago, Gunnerfan_rus said:

You don't need to fly to NZ to hear The General first, just use VPN! ;D

Haha if someone else is paying (like today), I'll fly anywhere 😜

Nah Munich to London, then a long wait for a train where I'll (hopefully) have the song on repeat

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, avahland said:

3 hours ...and it will be shipped

3 days ...and it will be delivered

Potentially (although knowing our luck, probably not) 2 hrs and 47 mins and it will be online :rolleyes:

Edited by Sonicjam

40 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Rumour has it a giant ear of corn is going from house to house in search of people who own a Halloween tree and dropping off a very special gift under their “most evil creations.”.. make sure yours is up 🎃🎄

258BC177-EE93-411F-995F-CBC582F224B0.thumb.jpeg.9b94b89070cd0960c628c95eb323a6e9.jpeg

i hope the Giant Corn Ear comes flying to my tree!

thegeneralhalloweentree.png

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, bangit said:

I get that but in reality it isn't 99% of fans, it's a tiny % of fans who lurk on the internet (us). The majority of fans won't go searching for it online until it's on Spotify etc. For the band it's free publicity Vs some fans having a crap quality version for a few days. It has to be released on digital platforms I agree, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't vinyl only for a short period. 

1% of GnR fandom is still probably 50k people. We matter!

24 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

This thread right now is how to set yourself up for disappointment 101 lol

That and people showing their ages with some of the terms used around here or people thinking they’d need to put a record player in their car to listen to the song while driving.

Edited by bumbleslash69

17 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Not counting on it, I allowed the optimism of others here to temporarily delude me. But I agree, 95% chance it's physical only.

17 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

....wait, you guys are all counting on an official digital release?

WTF?

It makes no sense at all to release the song on Vinyl only. it's 2023. I know GnR are a relic for a fallen time, but there is nothing to be gained commercially (we know all they give a fuck about is the bottom line) and nothing to gain in terms of the songs success doing it that way. There are barely any recent examples of a band doing that and it enhancing it for the fans or the band. I get it, GnR are cunts, shocking marketing, terrible humans and little to no clue how to manage a modern band. They don't care much for the fans. I get it. We are let down year after year. But there is no world where it makes a scintilla of sense for it not to be out digitally. either fir 27 or nov 3 absolute latest. as stated by many, it would be ripped to YouTube in lesser quality anyway, meaning no stream money for GnR and poor quality for the fans. 

31 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

This thread right now is how to set yourself up for disappointment 101 lol

I get over disappointment within a few minutes or an hour, but the hype feeling last for hours or days. Happy to ride the positivity.

• Like 1

I heard a rumor from a guy down the street who told me a D-list wrestler told a guy who got kicked out of a GNR show who told Chris Pitman's towel-fluffer that The General will be released digitally only once the 8-track edition is released in 2027 to the first 100 people who purchase the Perhaps 8-ball

• Haha 1