"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

Slash was out there a while back talking about making an album.... BRO you guys can even release TWO songs on VINYL(gods know why) in 2023.. and you think you guys can put together a whole ALBUM and get that out XD XD XD XD XD XD XD. to take one from red shirt guy, "Is this an out of season april fools joke."

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If they announced this delay 2-3 weeks ago, it would still be dissapointing but we would’ve probably not been that mad.

Delaying the product THE DAY OF is one of the most disrespectful and amateurish moves I’ve ever seen. Even from GNR. What a giant “fuck you” to everyone.

This. 

I would cancel my order if it was possible for me, which it isn't. Shitshow.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

People did ask the band's manager if the song would be released digitally and he just said Perhaps. 

He could have just said Yes, No, Maybe later, Don't know but he had to try to be funny. 

These guys could clarify a lot of things if they really wanted. 

Definitely. They obviously has a different approach to communications and prefer being mysterious and vague. I don't like that either. But I really don't see a need to clarify anything when nothing has changed, as far as we know. The song is still coming out as the B side to the Perhaps vinyl single. If they were to come our and dispel all the wild rumors that we fans come up with, it would require a very different approach to fan interaction, something Axl clearly isn't interested in cultivating. Again, I would have preferred otherwise but in this case I don't see the issue, the band never stated it would come out on streaming platforms today, there is no unexpected event that needs their commenting, it is just people believing stuff and then get disappointed when they are wrong. My advise is as always, stop expecting stuff from GN'R. 

Just now, timoteo said:

You guys don’t get it you aren’t owed anything by anyone 

Oh fuck off.  Seriously, go fuck yo mamma.

Last night I told everyone to just stay calm and sit back and wait, cause once that vinyl reaches even ONE person that doesn't have a legal obligation, this song will spread amongst fans like wildfire and there's no way to ever put the genie back in the bottle.

Well....that all depended on it ever actually being pressed to vinyl.

I no longer believe this record is going to be manufactured.  The band will just cancel all orders, refund any money already collected, and call it a day.

The only way we were ever gonna get this song is if the physical record came out, and it's clear now that that is not going to happen.

It's possible the song was never really even supposed to be released.  It might have been dangled in front of us like a crowdfunder....get so many orders and the record will go ahead.  Not enough orders, you get nothing.  Or maybe this was yet another example of Axl claiming he was never "informed" and when he found out, he pitched a fit and got it canceled.

We will not be getting The General.  This release is never going to see the light of day, despite the obvious bullshit Fernando is trying to pull.

Those of you thinking a "digital release" is imminent and will finally deliver....stop.  It's not going to happen.  If they wanted this song to be released digitally, it would have been.

When December 8th rolls around, you'll get another email, this time informing you that the record was flat-out canceled.

Our one chance to hear this song was this weekend, as fans started to get early copies of the record.  THE RECORD DOES NOT EXIST.  We will NOT hear this song!

Accept it.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2