"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

In all seriousness i hope they kept the intro. I still get chills when listening to 06-10 bootlegs with it from memories from Helsinki 2006. Axl was 2 hours late (or was it 2,5h?)  (his plane from London was delayed) this was pre smartphones so noone had a clue whats going on and at the 1,5 hour delay mark it started to seem likely that there is not gonna be a show. People started talking that fuck we missed our chance of seeing GNR. It was my first show. And then BOOOM lights out, this epic 2 min intro starts... And then Jungle.

Epic

Edited by rebeldhipi
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, quikspade said:

Strange no CD option.  My guess is a full live compilation of random live tracks we didn’t get with UYI, couple of bonus songs ( Perhaps and General) and probably a bluray with a NITL concert.  Just my thinking while I wait for a CD with The General.

Maybe if we get Atlas too they wait for the CD to include everything at once.

• PERHAPS 2

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Appetite for Discussion (a-4-d.com) is your friend: https://www.a-4-d.com/t7987-the-general 

Actually, I might miss some quotes since this is only updated per October 2017.

Wow, this is cool, exactly what I was looking for, thanks. Said it in the past, but again, what a resource, thanks for doing this with Blackstar. 

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I feel like that isn’t the intro, but the song itself. It’s the orchestra under it (I’d bet) some of the cell leak fits with it

Do we have any YT recordings of what yous are talking about? 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

I just hope they reused those “save me” vocals from Perhaps on another song 😂

Bet on it.....Soul Monster !

5 minutes ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

So Im listening to an intro from 06. The orchestra is the general "orchestra" part correct?

On YT or audio boot? And yss

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not counting covers, The General will be the band’s 70th original, officially-released song, though I’m also counting It Tastes Good Don’t It, since that was on the Tokyo 92 video. Without that song, The General is original GnR song #69 (nice).

The General likes to be on top...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rebeldhipi said:

Maybe if we get Atlas too they wait for the CD to include everything at once.

5 singles then an LP drop..standard these days.....🤞😉

Just now, GNR4Ever2024 said:

YT.

Orchestra straight into Jungle.

Is it a proshot? 

Link?

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Is it a proshot? 

Link?

This

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Is it a proshot? 

Link?

This

I think definately sounds more like an intro than a bed for my 2 cents....whatever it is, it's brooding AF

1 minute ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

No

Same intro as my link 👍

The General orchestral part was played before the start of pretty much every show in 2006-2010, then into the Dexter theme. You can hear it on a ton of boots. The San Jaun is probably the highest quality.