If the AFD5 Reunites, Will it Get Renewed Interest Concert Wise?

Not with me, no. Well, maybe I'd check out a Youtube video. But going to a show? No thanks.

I would, however, feel excited to see what having Izzy back in the band could do for new songs, since the current GNR doesn't want to release anything original.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

at this point, i would rather see a one-off show like the Rock Hall. let the current lineup do their thing now that music is actually rolling out. wouldn't want izzy becoming disinterested and leaving midway through a tour. 

When was Izzy ever disinterested? He left in 1991 because he was sober and didn’t want to continue tour with a band of addicts and Axl’s over the top spending on backstage parties. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

In the subsequent 32 years he's shown very little interest in touring 

Very true. I think there was only the Japan mini tour in 2000, no full solo concerts since then. However, I was replying to the poster’s point about Izzy dropping out mid-tour. 
I remember desperately hoping that he would tour 117 degrees. Duff, Taz & Rick would have made for an excellent show IMO. 
Off topic, my little puggle that I named Izzy is going to get put down this weekend so I’m probably a little extra defensive about anything having to do with my favorite Gunner 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, jamillos said:

. I want the band to stop touring and start seriously looking at what they can do in new music’s regard (TM). And then start doing public stuff as a band again, like videos, interviews, communication with fans, maybe even documentaries, old material, memoires, etc., i.e. exciting stunts that normal bands do, and not that continuous super-secret, everything-under-the-lid, Pentagon stay tuned mystery bullshit they’ve been doing since like 2001. And once they’ve released multiple albums

In other words, you want them doing what they did in 87-91 when they were in their late 20s.

You were just criticizing others for imagining it could somehow magically turn back into the good old days yet you're pretty much doing the same thing. Just taking the back road leading to the same destination... longing for something that will never happen.

6 hours ago, Slugworth said:

In other words, you want them doing what they did in 87-91 when they were in their late 20s.

You were just criticizing others for imagining it could somehow magically turn back into the good old days yet you're pretty much doing the same thing. Just taking the back road leading to the same destination... longing for something that will never happen.

No, I want the band to function normally for once, like other bands do. Instead of the never-ending touring of NITL leg #4564, this time with a different cover song and another 20-year old demo. Has nothing to do with nostalgy or good old days etc. It's not that hard. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 5:35 PM, Powderfinger said:

Mate count the songs Izzy has a co-write or wrote alone across the Illusions albums. Overrated sounds like some feeling you have rather than an actual reality.

Izzy laid his rhythm parts and fucked off leaving some of the heavy work to Axl & Slash, but it’s likely Axl/Slash had the final say on the mix of those albums so the tunes on illusions were going to sound the way they wanted them to, but had Izzy not helped create those songs there’s nothing to record. It’s ok to dislike a personality or whatever, but to say Izzy was lazy and overrated just doesn’t make sense when you look at the writers credits across AFD, Lies & UYI….

Axl still claims Izzy is lazy AF. 

On 8/30/2023 at 11:43 AM, RONIN said:

To be frank, I'm not sure how much Izzy could have contributed to UYI without getting micromanaged by Slash. As we know, Slash hasn't really worked with a strong rhythm guitarist since Izzy left the band. Like Axl, Slash kinda operates like a one-man show and is a control freak. He's on record saying he doesn't like the way Izzy plays guitar and that it was a relief to not have him on The Spaghetti Incident

I'm not buying that much.

Slash invited Izzy to play on a track on his solo record and was fine to work with him in Velvet Revolver before Izzy bailed. Of the four SMKC records, Myles Kennedy plays rhythm on one, Frank Sidoris on two, he had Dave Kushner playing rhythm on the two Velvet Revolver records and Ryan Roxie on the second Snakepit record. We also know Richard has redone bits for the recent releases – why if Slash is a 'control freak'?

He could’ve easily done all of that without another player if he wanted to, but he didn't

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

I'm not buying that much.

Slash invited Izzy to play on a track on his solo record and was fine to work with him in Velvet Revolver before Izzy bailed. Of the four SMKC records, Myles Kennedy plays rhythm on one, Frank Sidoris on two, he had Dave Kushner playing rhythm on the two Velvet Revolver records and Ryan Roxie on the second Snakepit record. We also know Richard has redone bits for the recent releases – why if Slash is a 'control freak'?

He could’ve easily done all of that without another player if he wanted to, but he didn't

I think Slash has always liked to have another guitar player and not be on his own. But that would be only to complement him and not for the other guitar to be prominent.

As for Izzy, Slash always appreciated his songwriting but I'm not sure he always enjoyed being a guitar duo with him.

• Like 1