A quick convo with Tommy

Tommy gets a lot of gratitude from me. He is a great part of GNR history imo. It is disappointing if he wasn't great to Bucket or Bumble, but that is all ancient history. When it comes down to it, he rode the entire NuGNR train and that is not something many of them could say. He was a part of all those sessions, a big part of Chinese, and a big part of all the tours. He also handled the reunion and dissolution of NuGNR with a lot of grace (at least publicly). 

I do hope when he went to those reunion shows him and Axl got to at least share a hello at the very least. Who knows. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Tommy gets a lot of gratitude from me. He is a great part of GNR history imo. It is disappointing if he wasn't great to Bucket or Bumble, but that is all ancient history. When it comes down to it, he rode the entire NuGNR train and that is not something many of them could say. He was a part of all those sessions, a big part of Chinese, and a big part of all the tours. He also handled the reunion and dissolution of NuGNR with a lot of grace (at least publicly). 

I do hope when he went to those reunion shows him and Axl got to at least share a hello at the very least. Who knows. 

Huge Tommy fan too. After Axl I'd say him and Pitman seemed to be the most vital members of nu gnr for the entirety of the era until 2014 (15 for Pitman if the rumors are true about him and Axl working on CD2). 

I like Tommy's style of interview, compare it to Bumble... 

• Like 3

On 10/11/2023 at 7:53 PM, anchel2 said:

as I said before, Tommy is a friend.

He's playing backyards just because he want to do it, he declined a GREAT GIG (succesfull brothers reunion). Sober, peacefull...

And yes... you will figure out about "Going Down"  sooner than later. and NO, Tommy isn't involved in social media about GNR

as I said before,

Very cool, when did he get sober?

Let me guess. You like Guns N' Roses.

*Sheldon nods*

You know I've been in other bands too.

*Sheldon nods*

But you don't care about those, do you?

*Sheldon shakes his head*

I have one thing to say to people like you. I like Guns N' Roses too! Care to join me?

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2023 at 6:04 AM, Sledge said:

Let me guess. You like Guns N' Roses.

*Sheldon nods*

You know I've been in other bands too.

*Sheldon nods*

But you don't care about those, do you?

*Sheldon shakes his head*

I have one thing to say to people like you. I like Guns N' Roses too! Care to join me?

I was never a huge fan of that show but that episode cracks me the fuck up.  Good reference 

• Like 1

I met him before one of his shows at a private house 4 or 5 years ago, I paid extra for the "drinks with Tommy", or whatever it was. He did mention wanting some of his songs back from Guns.  I didn't want to ask too many GNR questions, did ask about Roy Thomas Baker (I remember reading somewhere he didn't like him)-confirmed he hated him lol. He didn't hold back. Hated him as a producer.