THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm not ruling out the possibility that older versions of these two songs may leak at some point. But that won't be because some hoarders have had them all this time. I'm sure that if these were hoarded there would have been at least word that the cell phone recording was not The General, but Soul Monster. But no one knew that - everyone, including "insiders" who know and talk to hoarders, thought that the phone clip was The General.

Exactly. It's just intellectual logic. Of course we don't know for sure, none of us do...but as always @Blackstar= logical.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm not ruling out the possibility that older versions of these two songs may leak at some point. But that won't be because some hoarders have had them all this time. I'm sure that if these were hoarded there would have been at least word that the cell phone recording was not The General, but Soul Monster. But no one knew that - everyone, including "insiders" who know and talk to hoarders, thought that the phone clip was The General.

Of course it will be, you think they will get those old versions from some other new place and it wont be stuff they have already had for years?  All the stuff out there that hoarders have is from stuff that Fernando shared with then or stuff  that was stolen like from that night club or that studio CD that was stolen from one of the GNR managers back in the day.

Unless there is another locker with Gnr CDs out there  then there would not be a new source of songs. And there is still that other disc of songs with vocals out here that has not leaked out, plus the rumored CD 2 disc out there too.  

29 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I think you're spending too much time trying to psychoanalyse someone you don't know "in the real world" and missing the nuance...I never said I didn't think there was more material out there, I was speaking specifically about the General. Of course I can deal with "blunt", I'm on this forum...(or any forum for that matter) it would be a very dull place if all agreed. I'm happy to have discourse of the alternative and that's why I'm here...

Your "bluntless" you speak of (a quick check of your recent posts shows this is your M.O, so all good), just seems to be geared towards trying to start a confrontation (out of nothing) and is coming off slightly high and mighty (which isn't what I had associated with my friends from Boston but hey!) And patronising...that anyone that isn't arriving at your conclusions is not well informed or allowed to ponder an alternative line....I've been on here 10 years less than you, it doesn't appear you're been that active though....I respect your alterative views, which frankly since this is all rumour and conjecture, makes it a bit weird you're being so matter-of-fact. There are examples of songs coming out in both the ways we describe, all a bit random, no status quo, so no need to define your opinion so "bluntly" but rather let's call it for what is, being abrasive for the sake of it. There is a difference and to be honest, if someone calls you out and you're not actually a "12 year old" you speak of, have the maturity to check yourself when pointed out...and not be a dick, which is more the description of the route you're choosing. Then we're in a real adult discussion. Ya know, someone pointed out my own reaction to a post a few days ago and Instead of just blindly doubling down, I actually listened to what the dude had issue with...that's what a forum should be about, not saying..Oh I'm from a certain area so I have Carte blanche to be a "masshole"...

Anyways, let's not divert from the points at hand and clutter others enjoyment of this page with pettiness...

I have always been blunt,and speak in a matter of fact way,  that is just how I am, just dont take any offense to it. Its just how I am.  I have no issues with you. I want to keep it that way.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I think some serious star alignment will be required for this 🤞

Did you think we were going to get leaks of the slash and duff versions of Monsters and The General like we did?

The thing about leaks is they always happen out of the blue when we least expect them. They just have to fall into the right peoples hands if they get lucky or if some of the hoarders just dont care anymore and want to share  

Edited by gnfnr2k

1 minute ago, gnfnr2k said:

Of course it will be, you think they will get those old versions from some other new place and it wont be stuff they have already had for years?  All the stuff out there that hoarders have is from stuff that Fernando shared with then or stuff  that was stolen like from that night club or that studio CD that was stolen from one of the GNR managers back in the day.

Unless there is another locker with Gnr CDs out there  then there would not be a new source of songs. And there is still that other disc of songs with vocals out here that has not leaked out, plus the rumored CD 2 disc out there too.  

I don't know, but I don't believe that there's a "20th" disc full of songs with vocals or that CD2 is out there. As you probably know better than I do, stories like these are often made up as "bait" for those who have something else. And if some early leaks were really sourced from Fernando's friends, that doesn't mean that Fernando continued sharing stuff with his friends.

I believe that if old versions of these songs ever leak it will be because something unexpected like Zutaut's storage locker happens - for example, an engineer who has them may lose them for some reason, or someone goes bankrupt and needs money, or...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know, but I don't believe that there's a "20th" disc full of songs with vocals or that CD2 is out there. As you probably know better than I do, stories like these are often made up as "bait" for those who have something else. And if some early leaks were really sourced from Fernando's friends, that doesn't mean that Fernando continued sharing stuff with his friends.

I believe that if old versions of these songs ever leak it will be because something unexpected like Zutaut's storage locker happens - for example, an engineer who has them may lose them for some reason, or someone goes bankrupt and needs money, or...

Ya, a freak accident or pure luck....if 2019 hadn't happened and the vinyl quality control, we wouldn't of had leaks for years....both are kinda freakish...2005-2014 was a era were hoarders played....then 2018 was what you could call the last duel....with the majority of all that had been hinted at or teased over the years being released by certain folk as a fuck you to other hoarders....I kinda think sans the MTV rehearsal stuff, there's not much in the hands of "normal" folk anymore....as they tease, almost always.

Engineers and band associates....now? That's a different domain. They'll have stuff...but are they caring to exchange for an early mix of Dark side of the moon or risk getting sued or their relationship with Axl? Probably not. I imagine as leaks peaked, Axl got more paranoid in the late 2000s and put some measures behind the scenes, to try and stop anything new getting out there...obviously there would of remained a bunch of things, most of it has come and gone. New things seem to be coming from sources, like old TV companies and the like that have started YouTube's and are posting their archives, such as press footage of Axl's arrest or from 90s shows, etc. That I do think will continue to be fruitful....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Ya, a freak accident or pure luck....if 2019 hadn't happened and the vinyl quality control, we wouldn't of had leaks for years....both are kinda freakish...2005-2014 was a era were hoarders played....then 2018 was what you could call the last duel....with the majority of all that had been hinted at or teased over the years being released by certain folk as a fuck you to other hoarders....I kinda think sans the MTV rehearsal stuff, there's not much in the hands of "normal" folk anymore....as they tease, almost always.

Engineers and band associates....now? That's a different domain. They'll have stuff...but are they caring to exchange for an early mix of Dark side of the moon or risk getting sued or their relationship with Axl? Probably not. I imagine as leaks peaked, Axl got more paranoid in the late 2000s and put some measures behind the scenes, to try and stop anything new getting out there...obviously there would of remained a bunch of things, most of it has come and gone. New things seem to be coming from sources, like old TV companies and the like that have started YouTube's and are posting their archives, such as press footage of Axl's arrest or from 90s shows, etc. That I do think will continue to be fruitful....

Yes, everything that was "hunted" in that "Leak Hunter" 105-page pdf leaked by 2018 with the exception of the VMA rehearsal (which few people still care about).

And even the locker leaks were not completely out of the blue regarding the part of these CDs being in Zutaut's possession. I think it's no coincidence that The New York Times (2005) and Classic Rock (2008) had heard songs and Tom happened to be the main interviewee in both articles - it's highly likely that the versions of Quick Song, Atlas Shrugged etc. those journalists heard were the same versions we got to hear in 2019.

Pro-shot concerts and various footage (like the examples you mentioned) are a different story. Stuff like that may surface, even full concerts especially from the classic era like Saskatoon. There's also various other stuff from the classic era (rehearsals, demos from the UYI sessions etc.) that are known to be hoarded.

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The whole story with the hoarders is one of the things that this fanbase has mythologized. They've been made out to be these villains who have everything the rest of the fans don't have and won't share with them.

Of course there were and are hoarders, as history has shown. But the fact that some people happened to have or managed to obtain songs doesn't mean that every unreleased song is hoarded.

I think this is most certainly true. Additionally, the hoarder phrase appears to be attached to the CD era as well. I know a GNR audio guy and that community really gets off on having unheard shit. Like its their thing in a stupid way, but none of those guys had CD songs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The whole story with the hoarders is one of the things that this fanbase has mythologized. They've been made out to be these villains who have everything the rest of the fans don't have and won't share with them.

Of course there were and are hoarders, as history has shown. But the fact that some people happened to have or managed to obtain songs doesn't mean that every unreleased song is hoarded.

This. Prince is one of the most bootlegged (if not there most) artist of all time, both live and studio demos/unreleased and yet still when the Diamonds & Pearls boxset came out last month, there were things we didn't have...just because we don't have and things have leaked before, obviously, logically not everything is homed in some hoarders hard drive! Unless Axl really was using a sieve while locking up...

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

I find it even funny how people here wanna know how many unreleased songs with full vocals exists just because of leaks. We know NOTHING. And everyone who pretends his opinion are facts is just stubborn and narrow minded. 

I would be happy with seven songs. That feels like wishful thinking.

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I find it even funny how people here wanna know how many unreleased songs with full vocals exists just because of leaks. We know NOTHING. And everyone who pretends his opinion are facts is just stubborn and narrow minded. 

.....or full of shit. Don't forget that vital third option! 

All the same, if we stuck to strictly facts, what a boring, bored board it would be!

We'd have one thread for official news, one thread for a tour, and one thread for photos. :D

To speculate is human nature...and 95% of the fun, imo!

Think of all the kooky characters we've had in here over the past two decades.

Some moan, whine, and complain about used car salesmen, grifters, BSers, hustlers, rumors & such, but, think of all f the entertainment they've provided.

15 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Yes....but hoarders brag and hoarders tease...

On these: Nothing! 

tbf the one's that people broadly know about do, perhaps they have a perverse need to be known or take joy from playing games. Not everyone is that way.

Edited by Rindmelon
appalling grammer

Just now, betterman said:

It was mentioned that Axl did a rare interview in accordance with the F1 race he attended couple of days ago. Anyone seen something??

Only the short interview with the woman I posted in the non official social media thread.

That one was outside. Supposedly theres another inside.

1 minute ago, betterman said:

It was mentioned that Axl did a rare interview in accordance with the F1 race he attended couple of days ago. Anyone seen something??

He did two brief interviews. One (with a Swedish outlet) has been posted in the Unofficial Social Media thread. The other one was with Sky Sports I think, but no clips have been posted.

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

At this point, the only thing I would care is if they manage to release a video. The song itself is really not new anymore.

I think that probably was coming....they're working with a good VT team (clearly) and this time they even have two performances to sync and use....I'm sure, at the very least,. they've produced one....whether it gets the go ahead, in the current climate, may be in doubt now....considering the song subject, etc. I'd like to see them carrying on like normal....be the most controversial thing they've done in a long time, for sure....

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2