AC/DC 2024 tour rumours

SAU3R

27 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Definitely not duff on bass then?

from what I saw Duff was out already at the point of announcing that Cliff's not in.
Chris Chaney is the latest rumor.

I doubt Duff was ever even considered. I think it was a narrative spun from the humor of having another Guns N' Roses member fill in.

The supposed insiders leave much to be desired. Funny how their elite knowledge didn't include Matt Laug.

• Like 2

Dates are coming a little too late.

Venues suck. Stadiums and fields only.

Most EU shows in Germany. Only one show in the Netherlands.

Lineup still uncertain, likely no Phil and no Cliff, just Angus and Brian plus replacements. 

Ticket prices likely an arm and a leg if you actually want to see them with your own eyes and not just on a screen.

Hope it's gonna be great last tour and everyone's having fun but I'll pass.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Dates are coming a little too late.

Venues suck. Stadiums and fields only.

Most EU shows in Germany. Only one show in the Netherlands.

Lineup still uncertain, likely no Phil and no Cliff, just Angus and Brian plus replacements. 

Ticket prices likely an arm and a leg if you actually want to see them with your own eyes and not just on a screen.

Huh? What else did you expect? It's summer. They always do stadiums and fields in the summer. Line up is very certain:

240212-acdc-powerup-tour-crop.jpg

We are thrilled to finally announce the ‘POWER UP’ European Tour.
Angus, Brian, Stevie, and Matt will be joined by Chris Chaney to carry the torch for Cliff. The tour will see us play shows across Germany, Italy, Spain, The Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, England, Slovakia, Belgium, France & Ireland this Summer. We can't wait to see you all out there. Tickets on sale Feb 16.

Ticket prices most likely will be expensive, but still way cheaper than what most other high profile acts charge.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

Would have liked to have gone see them since I've never seen them live but in this economic climate I can't afford it.  Sucks to be me i guess.

I doubt I could afford to go and see GNR either this year times are real tough right now.

22 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Huh? What else did you expect? It's summer. They always do stadiums and fields in the summer. Line up is very certain:

240212-acdc-powerup-tour-crop.jpg

We are thrilled to finally announce the ‘POWER UP’ European Tour.
Angus, Brian, Stevie, and Matt will be joined by Chris Chaney to carry the torch for Cliff. The tour will see us play shows across Germany, Italy, Spain, The Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, England, Slovakia, Belgium, France & Ireland this Summer. We can't wait to see you all out there. Tickets on sale Feb 16.

Ticket prices most likely will be expensive, but still way cheaper than what most other high profile acts charge.

Thanks, I didn't catch the confirmation of the lineup yet.

You are right about the venues, it's summer - I just don't like any of those venues. They should have booked Goffertpark in Nijmegen instead of JC arena in Amsterdam but that's just me being picky looking at ticket prices these days I want the best and not a compromise.

The lineup is the biggest reason for me to not go. Can't raise Malcolm from the dead but the rhythm section is what I love most about AC/DC and with Matt and Chris it's just too little AC/DC for me. I understand most people just want Angus, but for me it was all about their rhythm section (best in rock ever imo) and that is gone now.

Hope everyone is having fun though. Last time I saw them was the Back In Black lineup with Malcolm and Phil so I'm kinda spoiled and rather let that be my last AC/DC concert.

Is it easy enough to get from Munich central St to Airport at like 7am says public transport takes 90 mins ? can someone local correct me 

My Hotel is a few mins walk from central St

Edited by Gavin82

17 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Is it easy enough to get from Munich central St to Airport at like 7am says public transport takes 90 mins ? can someone local correct me 

My Hotel is a few mins walk from central St

Google is your friend. S-Bahn S1 or S8 around 45 minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

So will I.

To do 9 or so shows in Germany alone is strange for me. I know the market is open for them there, but why not exchange 3 German shows for a Scandinavian date and other ones in Europe?? No Poland, no Czech Republic, Portugal.... Guess I'll never understand.

My student's wallet is also going to pass on going abroad for a single show, this one i'm sure about.

• Like 2

I will admit - given that Laug and Chaney have a history together, I do expect that they'll both be nothing but consummate professionals who learn and play the songs as they are meant to sound. Laug nailed it at Power Trip (if I closed my eyes I would have thought it was prime Phil up there). I'm not overly familiar with Chaney's work but I'm sure he's more than up to the task.

Still, it'll be a bit strange. Literally an entirely different rhythm section. I'll be eager to see the early tour footage.

At the very least, Angus seems to like varying up the set lists with new blood around so that part is exciting.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1