Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

13 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

But it's also not just Fernando, Team  Brazil was mentioned and that includes Beta, Vanessa etc. 

Beta may have said some nice things about Kat in 2017, but when things turned sour I am confident she switched very fast into Kat being the devil trying to hurt Fernando and extort gnr. 

I think that's the real complication. IF they cared for Axl as much as they say, they'd uncomplicate it and resign. Some could still travel with him as a support, but they shouldn't have any more power than girlfriends and wives. It was always a mistake giving them so much power so quickly. Bag handler to main manager... Incredible ladder climbing!😄 

If Axl did come down hard on him and the family, how long would it be before the tell all book arrives?

Screenshot_2023-11-16-13-22-56-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2023 at 4:47 AM, W. Axl Kev said:

This is the last thing GN'R needed after a brilliant tour. They have the right to defend their position but being a band who proudly have a female member (in a world where few rock bands do) the best move is to relieve this guy of his duties and move on. In spite of his relationship with Axl, he isn't worth it. I'm hopeful Axl realizes that too.

Well this sums it up for me, I agree 110%. Unfortunately the situation with Beta, Axl and the whole TB family is so messed up that I'm afraid this won't happen and Fernando continues. The situation makes me feel sick. 

On 11/15/2023 at 6:47 AM, W. Axl Kev said:

This is the last thing GN'R needed after a brilliant tour. They have the right to defend their position but being a band who proudly have a female member (in a world where few rock bands do) the best move is to relieve this guy of his duties and move on. In spite of his relationship with Axl, he isn't worth it. I'm hopeful Axl realizes that too.

I'm sure Axl is having a BBQ party with him one of these days in his Malibu mansion cheering him up like "yo my man, whole my life I've been accused of abusing women, don't worry son I got your back"

Basically that'll be the mood in his camp ^

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Silence said:

He probably isn’t compensated that well. He enjoys the lifestyle and all that it affords. But, I seriously doubt he is a millionaire in the way he can off a woman. 

I'd say his 15% has made him a wealthy man.

Nobody's getting offed though😄

1 minute ago, D4NNY said:

Now now, I think one can enjoy a certain artists music without being judged because of said artist’s accusations etc. That’s like someone enjoying MJs music, does that make them disgusting because of his sickening accusations? Music is music my dude :)

dont want to get into a whole discussion about this subject, but there's a difference between enjoying someone's music and sporting an avatar of a band after these kind of accusations were made public. but to each their own i guess

• Like 1

:lol::lol: right. For years they are family and everything is fine, until the moneytrain stops rolling and another guy takes pictures and suddenly they are all around bad people, to the point of sexual harrasment. As for copyright, was she freelancing for them or was she hired to do photos for them? This copyright issue really is bullshit. If I do work for my company, I also don't get copyright for the stuff my company pays me to do.

On 11/14/2023 at 4:40 PM, SoulMonster said:

Although I tend to go with the "innocent until proven", in cases like this, with so much detail, I find it hard to believe there isn't a burning fire underneath the pillars of smoke. And regardless, the band can't have these accusations over them even if settled outside of court or dismissed, Fernando needs to go regardless. I am like Cesar on this, "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion". Fernando must go.

And yet she worked with that band until she was let go. If it's all so horrible, why not speak up earlier? Draw consequences earlier. And not once the band cut ties with you.

On 11/14/2023 at 7:58 PM, NewGNROldGNR said:

Interesting, the Rolling Stone article says that GN'R sued Kat a few weeks ago.

Really? For what?

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

things aren't always as black and white and easy to handle as people outside think it is. 

Yeah. Not always. But sometimes they are. And really, people are not helping themselves to be believed. Especially since supposedly GNR sued her first!

On 11/14/2023 at 9:09 PM, mister mosh said:

As someone who has been following Guns all my life and been in the know about the behind the scenes stuff since the 2002 tour etc...I gotta say, I'm "innocent until proven guilty" usually....but did this even remotely surprise anyone here?.... Sadly Fernando has messed up time and time again in a number of ways with his unprofessional and entitled behaviour, so when I read it all this morning I kinda figured something like this was probably going on, ....and still the same thing keeps coming to mind, HOW a band the size and stature of Guns N Roses let's Fernando be manager I will never know, the guy seems completely inept at being able to do the job, and I personally wouldnt trust him to run my cake stand, ...could you ever imagine a band the size of Metallica, ACDC, Foos, Green Day etc letting their band be run this way?.... pure insanity!

Either way, I hope this leads to him leaving the position and we can get an actually professional outfit in charge who actually knows what they are doing, now wouldnt that be nice! 

Really? Or is it more like, you don't like him as a manager, find him incompetent and thus you are more easily fooled into believing negative stuff about him. And as usual, if you have a story, that is partly true, it's easily twisted into something negative. I mean, a guy telling someone they love them, can be a nice thing no one needs to think about or it can be twisted into something sinister.

• ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

As for copyright, was she freelancing for them or was she hired to do photos for them? This copyright issue really is bullshit. If I do work for my company, I also don't get copyright for the stuff my company pays me to do.

When a photographer is hired/contracted, he or she is paid for their services like availability, commitment, taking pictures (usually with their own gear and sometimes even staff), post production of those pictures, providing the contractor with pictures etc.

Copyright itself can not be sold, bought, rented, licensed or whatever - it remains with the photographer forever. The photographer usually licenses their work for a limited amount of time and space/use to the contractor. The contractor then has the legal right to use the work of the photographer according the license that was agreed on.

The copyright claim is not bullshit, it's pretty serious actually. Here's why: If they used her work in commercial context without crediting her or even altered her work for commercial use without her agreement and/or no credit given to the photographer, they basically claimed/implied her work not to be hers and in worst case to be their own work, which is a severe breach of copyright, resulting in significant financial damages for the photographer at the time and later on.

Example: Let's say some merch dude, promoter or a record company wants to license a picture Kat made to put it on a t-shirt, a poster, a CD cover or a magazine. They contact management to get proper licensing for the picture and Fernando then licenses the picture to them, not crediting the photographer despite better knowledge, claiming ownership of the work for himself despite better knowledge, negotiating prices and eventually taking the money fully aware it's not a legal thing to do. This would leave civil law right there as such practices are usually considered a criminal offenses named theft and fraud.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

When a photographer is hired/contracted, he or she is paid for their services like availability, commitment, taking pictures (usually with their own gear and sometimes even staff), post production of those pictures, providing the contractor with pictures etc.

Copyright itself can not be sold, bought, rented, licensed or whatever - it remains with the photographer forever. The photographer usually licenses their work for a limited amount of time and space/use to the contractor. The contractor then has the legal right to use the work of the photographer according the license that was agreed on.

The copyright claim is not bullshit, it's pretty serious actually. Here's why: If they used her work in commercial context without crediting her or even altered her work for commercial use without her agreement and/or no credit given to the photographer, they basically claimed/implied her work not to be hers and in worst case to be their own work, which is a severe breach of copyright, resulting in significant financial damages for the photographer at the time and later on.

Example: Let's say some merch dude, promoter or a record company wants to license a picture Kat made to put it on a t-shirt, a poster, a CD cover or a magazine. They contact management to get proper licensing for the picture and Fernando then licenses the picture to them, not crediting the photographer despite better knowledge, claiming ownership of the work for himself despite better knowledge, negotiating prices and eventually taking the money fully aware it's not a legal thing to do. This would leave civil law right there as such practices are usually considered a criminal offenses named theft and fraud.

Yeah, and that is total bullshit, giving extra priviledges to photographers. They get paid to do the work and then on top of the work they already got paid for, get to make even more money for the work they've already ben paid for. Total bullshit. If a company pays you to do work, the work should be owned by the company. Period. And it usually is. Unless you're a photographer. And it's extra absurd, considering that the work consists of taking pics of Axl, Slash and Duff performing on stage. The very people who paid her to do so. She wouldn't have anything to photograph, if they weren't on stage performing. And really, I don't care what the law is. It is bullshit.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 9:18 PM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

She has worked for ACDC and Aerosmith among others, but sure, she wants fame by suing an unknown manager like Fernando. 

Obviously, she doesn't want fame. She wants money, as her moneytrain has come to a stop. Everything she did and got to do was because of GNR.

• Wow 1