Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

9 hours ago, Karice said:

That was BETA who posted that implication that you shouldn't always defend your child's mistakes? 😳 I assumed that was a random person who posted that. 😳 She seems to imply that she is NOT defending Fernando in this. That's rough when your own MOTHER is implying she's not defending you! 😳

I think it's the opposite. If she wasn't defending Fernando gnr would be taking a whole other different approach to this lawsuit and we would have heard of Fernando being possibly being removed as manager.

I think she posted this knowingly, possibly to stir the pot. But I doubt she believes her son is innocent of anything bad towards Kat. 

2024 seems to be a bad year for Guns N'Roses so far. I remember last year, Fans predicting that 2024 would have Guns N'Roses relaxing on their Laurels, enjoying a nice quiet 2024, just relaxing and chilling and in 2025 going full force with major touring. 2024 is starting with TWO possible major Lawsuits, one against Axl Rose and one against Fernando Lebeis. YIKES! 🥶 Definitely NOT the 2024 Fans predicted last year. 🥶

well i see the above Fernando's comment in a new light. Seeing how Benzova sues for not getting enough credit, I understand how Fernando might see it fin to pinpoint she ain't the first to credit to other people either. Whatver. It's an asshole versus an asshole and nobody wins. But, in the end Benzova went personal, suing for a lack of credits and to add seriousness to her case, she put an extra paragraph "oh by the way, and I was seuxally harassed, too" at the end of it, as a bonus. If Fernando abused her, let's lynch the game, but up until now all the bozos here already play God and play judge and the jury and they see him guilty, without even hearing his side of the story.  It's time to call a spade a spade, or else tomorrow we will be victims of such scams

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, whatashame said:

well i see the above Fernando's comment in a new light. Seeing how Benzova sues for not getting enough credit, I understand how Fernando might see it fin to pinpoint she ain't the first to credit to other people either. 

Except Fernando's 8 year old comment was not in response to Kat's lawsuit.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

On 2/26/2024 at 8:33 PM, whatashame said:

well i see the above Fernando's comment in a new light. Seeing how Benzova sues for not getting enough credit, I understand how Fernando might see it fin to pinpoint she ain't the first to credit to other people either. Whatver. It's an asshole versus an asshole and nobody wins. But, in the end Benzova went personal, suing for a lack of credits and to add seriousness to her case, she put an extra paragraph "oh by the way, and I was seuxally harassed, too" at the end of it, as a bonus. If Fernando abused her, let's lynch the game, but up until now all the bozos here already play God and play judge and the jury and they see him guilty, without even hearing his side of the story.  It's time to call a spade a spade, or else tomorrow we will be victims of such scams

someone who refers to women as "biatches" on a forum shouldn't be talking about these subjects in general. 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 4

She was vocal about certain things, and Beta basically told her to fuck off. 

If Merchnando had been unsatisfied with - or annoyed by - her, he could have fired her at any time. 

But that would have collided with his predatory lust, wouldn't it.

So from what we know so far, there's no reason to defend him. 

• Like 2

Stay.Of.Execution, I get the feeling you're accusing me of overgeneralizing. Mind you, you are generalizing me. I do not refer to "women" as "biatches". I call a spade a spade. I call a biatch a biatch if I see one. Much like I call a di*k a di*k, regardless of gender, so keep your cheap tricks away from me. I respect fair, loyal women and I am fair and loyal to them. For you, in return, buddy, you called me a virgin somewhere else, and I smell you got some problems with sex, I'm gonna do you a favor, you don't have to submit to female scams to get laid. Don't make a victim out of yourself, don't condone such low scams in hope of getting laid. Respect yourself, buddy, don't be a fool for people like that.

Edited by whatashame
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2024 at 12:47 PM, invisible_rose said:

What a piece of shit. Who talks like that on an open forum. Gets all pissy because she didn't mention him by name. Kat referenced 'they' as in GNR - of which he's the manager. Surely that's good enough?! 

Speaks volumes of (alleged) behaviour if he's this petty...in public. 

I had a brief interaction with him in 2013 and even in that short period of time I can confirm: he's a true dickhead.

Another update:

This case seems to have turned into a mess. I'm not sure I fully understand what the new developments mean.

First, a summary/reminder of what happened until February 27th:

In July-November 2022, Kat registered a few of her pictures with the U.S. Copyright Office, and in January 2023, she filed a complaint for sexual harassment and employment discrimination with the Civil Rights Department of California, obtaining a right to sue. In April 2023, she tried to file a lawsuit against GN'R, Gundam (the GN'R touring entity) and Team Brazil, but there was a mistake in the filing (probably from her attorney), so it was unsuccessful.

In October 2023, three GN'R companies (two "Gundam" companies and Waterhead) sued Kat. The lawsuit was for declaratory relief, meaning that they were not asking for money, but for the court to assert that GN'R, and not Kat, owned the copyright of the pictures she registered.

Kat didn't respond to the lawsuit with a motion to dismiss or a counter-suit. Instead, she filed her own, separate lawsuit in November against GN'R, Gundam, Team Brazil and Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment. Gundam and Team Brazil (served later) responded with motions to dismiss Kat's lawsuit and Kat filed her reply/opposition. Fernando and GN'R were not served (and still haven't been served).

The two lawsuits (Gundam/Waterhead Vs. Kat and Kat Vs. GN'R/Gundam/Fernando/TB) were assigned to the same judge, who suggested that they should be "consolidated" (joined together). The parties agreed to it, and the two cases were consolidated by court order, according to which Kat's lawsuit would be closed (and as a result the motions to dismiss it were denied as "moot" without being reviewed by the judge), and all filings from then on would take place in the earlier of the two lawsuits (Gundam Vs Kat), where a "consolidated complaint" should be filed.

So after the two cases were joined together, Kat refiled her lawsuit as a "consolidated complaint", and then the two parties filed motions to dismiss each other's lawsuits, or, alternatively, for "more definite statement" (meaning that if the court didn't think that the lawsuit should be dismissed, it should at least order for it to be amended so that certain allegations in it would become more specific). Kat responded to Gundam's and TB's dismiss motion with an opposition; Gundam responded to Kat's dismiss motion by filing an amended complaint (lawsuit) against Kat. And then the judge said that since there was an amended complaint, Kat's dismiss motion was denied as "moot"; curiously enough, Gundam's and TB's dismiss motion was denied, too, and so their reply to Kat's opposition was stricken as well. So, for a second time, motions were without being reviewed by the court. Also, the two parties submitted, as required by the court, a schedule and timeline for the case.

And now, with court orders issued on Feb. 27 and 28:

1) The judge retracted the previous order that a "consolidated complaint" should be filed and had Kat's "consolidated complaint" (her refiled lawsuit) stricken, and now Kat has to file a response to Gundam's amended complaint. So does that mean that her lawsuit has been thrown out altogether?

2) The parties who have not been served are dismissed. Fernando has not been served, so does this mean that he's not a defendant anymore?

3) The judge has shortened the proposed schedule. According to the court order, the "discovery" stage (depositions etc.) should be completed by August 2024 and the jury trial, if there is one, will take place in March 2025.

Court documents here:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t8097-katarina-benzova-sues-fernando-and-gn-r-for-copyright-infringement#34873

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

41 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

The American legal process always baffles me.

The thing with the whole America taking each other to court feels so alien to me. Where is the is the talking to each other. Just feels so needlessly agressive to me.

Edited by grouse

1 minute ago, grouse said:

The thing with the whole America  taking each other to court feels so alien to me. Where is the is the talking to each other. Just feels so needlessly agressive to me.

Well, if you can make a huge buck out of suing McDonald's for getting fat because of eating their hamburgers, then I guess you'd be crazy not to take that opportunity! :D

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Wow!

@Blackstar and the lawsuit for the microphone, how Is going?

That lawsuit has gone to mediation (the parties have entered into discussions to find a solution with the mediation of a third party).

1 hour ago, BangoSkank said:

@Blackstar

Big thanks for researching and summarizing this stuff. No way I could follow it otherwise.

I second that. Also for all the documents on the Sheila Kennedy case. I can't always get to open the files  @Blackstar posts from the other forum but I'm thankful she shares all the updates here which allows us to follow the developments.

Thank you 🌹

• Thanks 1