Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, traddfolks said:

Looks like Kat wished Del James a happy birthday on Instagram today

And when she was introduced at the auction of one of her pics at Steven Tyler's Grammy fundraiser party, no mention that she had her breakthrough photographing Guns N Roses (or shot them at all). :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/katbenzova_rockphoto/3296333722541716702?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MXZtdGttZXJ4eWhjbg==

Edited by PatrickS77

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 3:31 PM, Blackstar said:

New update:

Kat refiled her lawsuit on Jan. 5. Yesterday both parties filed motions to dismiss each other's lawsuits.

Another update:

Kat's attorney filed an opposition to GN'R/Gundam's motion to dismiss parts of her lawsuit. GN'R/Gundam responded to Kat's dismiss motion by filing an amended complaint (lawsuit) and as a result Kat's motion to dismiss GN'R/Gundam's lawsuit was denied by the court as "moot".  It looks like both parties' motions have been denied, but it could be a typo, because GN'R/Gundam replied to Kat's opposition yesterday. (Edit to update: GN'R's motion has indeed been denied as well - the judge has probably lost his patience with the motions and wants the case to move on).

Yesterday both parties submitted a joint summary of the case and a proposed schedule (required by the court) for the next stages of the case, according to which the "discovery" stage (pre-trial depositions from witnesses and retrieval of documents) is estimated to last about a year (until February) and the jury trial (if there is one) to take place in May 2025. The main witnesses both parties have agreed to are Kat, Fernando, Bernie Githuly (the business manager in GN'R entities), and unidentified agents and employees. Kat wants the members of GN'R to testify, too. It is also stated in the document that the parties have not discussed a settlement.

The document can be found here:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t8097-katarina-benzova-sues-fernando-and-gn-r-for-copyright-infringement#34767

Edited by Blackstar
Small update
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

That's fair. But I wonder if she would rather get Slash and Duff, because Axl would obviously stand by Fernando. 

Well, I'm sure they all (Axl included) would just say that they didn't witness anything regarding the sexual harassment.

• Like 1

Here’s my logic chain:
1. Axl stands behind Fn’ando. Let’s agree to agree, ok? I mean come on. 
2. No sane member of the band would go against F., as that would be going against Axl. That’s not happening, is it. 
3. ???
4. She’s on her own in this. 

So, hard evidence or bust. PC/woke/women equality etc. won’t help in this one; she’s standing up to an individual backed up by major dollar – and therefore major legal possibilities. 

Of course, on the other hand, she could always cash in. I mean, I don’t know her, so why would I really care anyway. But I somehow know she's not making it up, and the little brat deserves what's coming to him. Sorry. (not sorry for him) 

The main dispute in this is that of copyright infringement and she may have a case on it, at least in parts regarding the pictures she took after her last written contract expired. The sexual harassment accusation is just the cherry on top and an additional argument to back her copyright case. That would be probably more difficult and will depend more on evidence like emails than on what band members will say.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The main dispute in this is that of copyright infringement and she may have a case on it, at least in parts regarding the pictures she took after her last written contract expired. The sexual harassment accusation is just the cherry on top and an additional argument to back her copyright case. That would be probably more difficult and will depend more on evidence like emails than on what band members will say.

Gotcha, but I'd still like to see him go down based on the sex thing rather than anything else. I should seek help, I know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 1

On 2/23/2024 at 4:12 PM, jamillos said:

I hope she has some solid evidence against that douchebag, otherwise she's screwed and he has yet another thing to laugh about. 

she really must have solid evidence against him. I know the case of a girl who sued a guy for sexual harassment, but her evidence was the hearts he sent her in text messages. also, if there are no recordings, videos or witnesses, there is no chance she could win.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Politania said:

she really must have solid evidence against him. I know the case of a girl who sued a guy for sexual harassment, but her evidence was the hearts he sent her in text messages. also, if there are no recordings, videos or witnesses, there is no chance she could win.

A girl at my work "hearts" my work-related messages to her in our inter-office chat application. (As opposed to a thumbs up or whatever) I find it a little odd, but I wonder if that would be considered unprofessional? (Obviously probably not any form of harassment)

Others have done it to me before, but it's usually her. It doesn't bother me at all, but I myself would be careful doing it to others. She happens to be attractive, but it wouldn't bother me regardless. 

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Beta posted this. Maybe she spanked Fernando

Screenshot_20240224-153741.thumb.png.bf7345d572e8ca91ce2a1102711a4170.png

I know she didn't mean it the way we understand it, but there has to be a small part of her that wishes she didn't integrate her entire family into the Axl world. You can't give a young guy with zero experience a huge job title like manager of gnr and not expect him to go off the deep end. She should have grounded his ass😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That was BETA who posted that implication that you shouldn't always defend your child's mistakes? 😳 I assumed that was a random person who posted that. 😳 She seems to imply that she is NOT defending Fernando in this. That's rough when your own MOTHER is implying she's not defending you! 😳

14 minutes ago, Karice said:

That was BETA who posted that implication that you shouldn't always defend your child's mistakes? 😳 I assumed that was a random person who posted that. 😳 She seems to imply that she is NOT defending Fernando in this. That's rough when your own MOTHER is implying she's not defending you! 😳

I read it as her saying she is supporting him now (with a lawyer) but indicating that if she was firm with him when he was younger then none of them would be in this situation. Almost as if she is taking some blame for the situation he is in. 

If my reading is right then I actually think she is being a bit unfair on herself. Loads of kids lack discipline and don't have perfect parents, doesn't mean we turn into whatever Fernando is accused of being.

biatches be like

- *cry* how come we no get no jobs? how come the glass ceilling? how come they cancel the lady?

biatches get a job -> biatches be like

- I'm gonna sue your illusion / i look at you 'cause i take pictures - you look at me? yo molestin'

-  oh no my visa is about to expire, cause they gave me a contract for 18 weeks only, I don't wanna go back to Slovakia, I better find a schlong to sukk, and quick - and then boom! you fall intro a trap - you're sued.

it's time to end this bull.s.t

lemme explain that with a song

if GNR play for 30k people in Palladium Square,

there's 30k photographers there,

with iPhones up in the air

benzova? who needs her

benzova in court : I slaved for 14 years despite having been offered a 18 week contract. She expects compensation? Sue her ass, if she wasn't contracted bill her for all the catering, hotel rooms, traveling expenses for 14 years minus 18 weeks.

7 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

I read it as her saying she is supporting him now (with a lawyer) but indicating that if she was firm with him when he was younger then none of them would be in this situation. Almost as if she is taking some blame for the situation he is in. 

If my reading is right then I actually think she is being a bit unfair on herself. Loads of kids lack discipline and don't have perfect parents, doesn't mean we turn into whatever Fernando is accused of being.

She deserves some blame at least for how she reacted when Kat tried to turn to her for help.

• Like 2