Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

7 minutes ago, vloors said:

Extradition order I would assume.

They don't do that in civil cases.

19 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@Blackstar that grifter Fernando Is living in Costa Rica about 3 years now. What happen in this case? That he Is not in the country?

That probably is convenient for him. I guess he'll appoint a lawyer at one point who will appear to be served on behalf of him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some more court documents from this case.

Exhibits attached in Kat's lawsuit (including her written contracts with GN'R):

https://www.docdroid.net/eACsKLi/20231111-kat-benzova-lawsuit-exhibits-pdf

GN'R entities' motion to dismiss most parts of the lawsuit:

https://www.docdroid.net/agUpTr9/20231206-kat-benzova-lawsuit-motion-document-pdf

Their argument regarding the sexual harassment claims is that they are unrelated to the copyright infringement claims and thus the federal court (where the lawsuit has been filed) doesn't have "supplemental jurisdiction", as the sexual harassment claims rely on California state law and not on federal law. The hearing for the motion will be held in January. Although the motion has been filed only on behalf of GN'R/Gundam and not Fernando (who has not been served yet), if it's granted by the court it will most likely mean that the sexual harassment parts will be dismissed for him, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Some more court documents from this case.

Exhibits attached in Kat's lawsuit (including her written contracts with GN'R):

https://www.docdroid.net/eACsKLi/20231111-kat-benzova-lawsuit-exhibits-pdf

GN'R entities' motion to dismiss most parts of the lawsuit:

https://www.docdroid.net/agUpTr9/20231206-kat-benzova-lawsuit-motion-document-pdf

Their argument regarding the sexual harassment claims is that they are unrelated to the copyright infringement claims and thus the federal court (where the lawsuit has been filed) doesn't have "supplemental jurisdiction", as the sexual harassment claims rely on California state law and not on federal law. The hearing for the motion will be held in January. Although the motion has been filed only on behalf of GN'R/Gundam and not Fernando (who has not been served yet), if it's granted by the court it will most likely mean that the sexual harassment parts will be dismissed for him, too.

Good find. I don't have time to read this tonight but the thing that interests me most is her contract with gnr. Given how lax they seem to be, I doubt it's a bespoke contract and is probably reflective of the general contract most people on the edges of the band sign. Shall give this a read in the morning.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Good find. I don't have time to read this tonight but the thing that interests me most is her contract with gnr. Given how lax they seem to be, I doubt it's a bespoke contract and is probably reflective of the general contract most people on the edges of the band sign. Shall give this a read in the morning.

It's basically her 2021 written contract (it's on the last 2 pages of the pdf) and the proposed amendment for 2022 (on the two previous pages).

Parts of her other contracts were quoted in GN'R's lawsuit against her:

https://www.docdroid.net/ecAH9bW/20231024-lawsuit-gundam-touring-services-us-llc-v-benzova-pdf

Edited by Blackstar

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Kat's attorney filed an opposition to GN'R/Gundam's motion to dismiss parts of her lawsuit. On the same day, Team Brazil filed their own separate motion to dismiss parts of Kat's lawsuit (GN'R/Gundam and TB are represented by different attorneys from the same law firm - Fernando has yet to be served individually).

However, the two lawsuits (Kat's lawsuit and GN'R/Gundam's lawsuit against her) have now been "consolidated" (joined together) by court order after both parties agreed to it and, as a result, both motions to dismiss have been denied as "moot" and the case is basically starting over with all filings from now on taking place in the GN'R/Gundam Vs. Kat lawsuit (because GN'R/Gundam sued first). So Kat's lawsuit and GN'R/Gundam's/TB's motions to dismiss it will probably be refiled.

The last filings in Kat's lawsuit:

20231965.jpg

The latest filings in GN'R/Gundam's lawsuit:

20231966.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Cause you don't live in a country where half of the population are psychopaths. 

I live in a rural area (not a city) where I'm certain a majority of homes have firearms, and there's constant shooting but target shooting for sports and some hunting. I suppose it's cultural, in the city, it's another situation. (Crime is far more common there)

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

In England we don't have gun shops, not that I've seen anyway. There must be some somewhere because farmers and hunters have shotguns. I don't wanna Google it, I might end up on a list of some kind :lol:

Haha I'm probably on whatever list that would be so I can Google it for you. :P My gun dealer even says that, as when I purchase exotic things (suppressors, short barreled rifles, machine guns, etc.) my government approval times are shockingly fast. He says I must be being watched because they approve my stuff too fast. Onetime my background check failed because it said I wasn't old enough to buy a gun, it was my 32nd birthday so it must have caused an error. Re-ran the check, and I was old enough lol

• Like 1

There used to be a gun dealer in the center of my city. Until an 18 year old bought a gun there, got out of the store and shot and killed a two year old girl and her nanny and wounded a woman sitting on a bench. 

No more gun shops since then.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

There used to be a gun dealer in the center of my city. Until an 18 year old bought a gun there, got out of the store and shot and killed a two year old girl and her nanny and wounded a woman sitting on a bench. 

No more gun shops since then.

If only the two year old had a gun too to defend herself....

• Like 1