Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

11 hours ago, Arnuld said:

I met him in Vegas in 2011. I tried to be cordial and say what’s up. He was staying my floor a few rooms down from me so it was just me and him in the hallway. He kind of just brushed me off. I was being pretty chill because you know whatever. He said he would see me later at the party but I had no idea WTF he was talking about. 

And your point is? Have you met and dealt with him before?? If not, you're a stranger to him. What did you expect? That he rolls out the red carpet for you, because you're staying at the same hotel? At least he assumed he would see you at the party. Your fault you didn't ask what party.

Edited by PatrickS77

8 hours ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Maybe you’re right. But I’d think the way that things have caught up with 80’s/90’s actors/musicians/comedians in the past few years, I’d be staggered if they didn’t look to distance themself from this.

Axl, Slash and Duff seem like great guys these days but in a world where guys like Steven Tyler are being dug up for behavior 50 years ago, I wouldn’t count on them hoping this will just sail down the river. Potential can of worms.

See, that would be the reasonable reaction of a band who hadn't employed a manager that was seen as a son by the lead singer. I'd be utterly stunned if Fernando doesn't get 100% backing from Axl. The fact that a counter suit as gone in kinda tells us their stance.

Edited by invisible_rose

5 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

See, that would be the reasonable reaction of a band who hadn't employed a manager that was seen as a son by the lead singer. I'd be utterly stunned if Fernando doesn't get 100% backing from Axl. The fact that a counter suit as gone in kinda tells us their stance.

Yeah that's a fair point. There swinging back kind of indicates there going to stick with him. They are probably hoping fan reaction will have died down by the time they come back, & it probably will have.

He should still go though. 

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Saw a friend of mine- big music fan but not a fan of GNR, so I asked him what he thought of all this. 

"Well, it's not the band so they'll just fire that guy and move on, surely?" was his response.

Tried to explain why it was a bit more complicated than that and he was totally confused as to why a stadium band would be in the position they are. 

Of all the consequences that could befall this weasel, it’s pretty sad that we’ve collectively agreed that losing his management role will surely not be one of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

The fact that a counter suit as gone in kinda tells us their stance.

GN'R didn't exactly counter-sue though. There was an attempt from Kat's lawyer to sue first, but the lawsuit document was never filed so it's unknown if the original suit would have included the sexual harassment accusations. Then GN'R sued her and she followed with her own lawsuit that contains the accusations.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

GN'R didn't exactly counter-sue though. There was an attempt from Kat's lawyer to sue first, but the lawsuit document was never filed so it's unknown if the original suit would have included the sexual harassment accusations. Then GN'R sued her and she followed with her own lawsuit that contains the accusations.

Ahh thank you for the clarification. Either way, I'd suggest Axl will still back Fernando. 

7 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Ahh thank you for the clarification. Either way, I'd suggest Axl will still back Fernando. 

From the statement they released to the press, where it was implied that they consider the accusations to be "categorically false" (without a specific mention of the sexual harassment stuff, but that part of the statement was seemingly about that), it does look that Axl will back Fernando.

However, I think it's possible that Fernando will be quietly replaced (maybe by Vanessa) and moved to another job. If that happens there probably won't be a public announcement (if Axl does it, it won't be for the media) and we won't know until they tour again.

• Like 2

Regardless of what I said earlier, I also think there's still a realistic possibility that Fernando will lose his job because of this. Not because Axl (or Slash or Duff) is going to side with Kat, but because Fernando's actions could be seen as hurting the band.

Think of Steven Adler. No one in the band had any moral high ground as far as drugs were concerned. That didn't stop them from firing Steven when his drug use reached the point where it was a hindrance to the band's operation. (Or so the story goes.) It's possible the same pragmatism still applies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Regardless of what I said earlier, I also think there's still a realistic possibility that Fernando will lose his job because of this. Not because Axl (or Slash or Duff) is going to side with Kat, but because Fernando's actions could be seen as hurting the band.

Think of Steven Adler. No one in the band had any moral high ground as far as drugs were concerned. That didn't stop them from firing Steven when his drug use reached the point where it was a hindrance to the band's operation. (Or so the story goes.) It's possible the same pragmatism still applies.

Difference is Axl disliked Steven Adler. Didn't Axl kick him in the balls the first time they met?

Fernando is basically family.

33 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Difference is Axl disliked Steven Adler. Didn't Axl kick him in the balls the first time they met?

Yes, Steven said Axl kicked him in the ball.

However, it wasn't only Axl who fired Steven and he probably was more hesitant about it than Slash was.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, there is no dana only zool said:

I pitched a product to Fernando for the band in 2009 and I mean, he was honestly nothing but courteous and nice.  Didn't end up going with it but I never felt brushed off or anything; was given all the time & opportunity I needed. 

What product 

8 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

True, especially these days. Look at Louis CK or recently Russell Brand. Not everyone can afford such a public charade like Johnny Depp. These guys essentially did nothing (the RB case is still new, though, but I assume they're just trying to cancel him for his political views etc.), and yet there was a strong attempt to take them down. So it shouldn't be a problem in case of Merchnando, who most probably definitely did something, and a lot of it. Even though he's not famous. This is high profile sensitive shit these days, with a potential to shed a bad light on the band. And he needs to get what he deserves. 

Edited by jamillos

18 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

And your point is? Have you met and dealt with him before?? If not, you're a stranger to him. What did you expect? That he rolls out the red carpet for you, because you're staying at the same hotel? At least he assumed he would see you at the party. Your fault you didn't ask what party.

Dude Fuck off. Someone asked if anyone had met Fernando. I just told my experience. I didn’t say whether he was good or bad I just told exactly what happened. I didn’t expect anything from anyone. 

• Like 4

On 11/17/2023 at 5:41 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Not really. Sexual harassment is a crime, no? She could report him to the police, no? 

Not necessarily. You may be thinking of sexual assault or other criminal sex acts or behavior. Some acts or behavior that fit the definition of sexual harassment in the work place or elsewhere are not illegal (from a criminal standpoint) but violate policy or rules of the employer and can result in termination, etc. but not criminal action. The victim could pursue civil related legal action, which isn't criminal and thus wouldn't justify reporting to the police. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

He could still be part of the family even if no longer the manager. He could be the Prince Andrew of the GNR family.

Not saying it's very likely to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Dude Fuck off. Someone asked if anyone had met Fernando. I just told my experience. I didn’t say whether he was good or bad I just told exactly what happened. I didn’t expect anything from anyone. 

Yeah. And I asked you what the point of your post was, as your post really offered nothing in regards to the rather rethorical question of the poster before. The defensiveness and aggressiveness in here really is getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

It's always so easy to judge and give great advice as a man sitting behind his phone/computer. Don't be so ignorant. There's no need to trash her and defend Fernando. 

Yeah. Just as easy as to blindly believe what she says, because you don't like the guy she says things about. See, that goes both ways.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nintari said:

I still err on the side of the woman... but after Depp vs. Herd, it's no longer automatic.

Just wow. Yeah, fuck any guy, who has his life ruined by some scorned woman with false allegations. It's not like that never happened before. No error should be made, period.