Unmastered Sound City Sessions have leaked, unheard version of Cornshucker

Don't ask me where i'm sure you will find them .

Bit rate is only 128kbps but they do sound good. Don't believe this version of cornshucker has been out there before. From 2017 when Locked & Loaded was being put together. Has a few tracks that didn't make the set.

1.Ain't Goin' Down No More (Instrumental Version)

2.Anything Goes

3.Back Off Bitch

4.Cornshucker Stomp

5.Don't Cry

6.Heartbreak Hotel (Take 2)

7.Jumpin' Jack Flash (Acoustic Version)

8.Jumpin' Jack Flash (Take 2)

9.Mama Kin

10.Move to the City (Acoustic Version)

11.Move to the City

12.My Michelle

13.New Work Tune

14.Nice Boys (Take 3)

15.Nightrain

16.November Rain (Acoustic Version)

17.November Rain (Piano Version)

18.Out ta Get Me

19.Paradise City

20.Reckless Life

21.Rocket Queen (Take 1)

22.Rocket Queen (Take 2)

23.Shadow of Your Love

24.The Plague

25.Think About You

26.Welcome to the Jungle

27.You're Crazy (Acoustic Version)

28.You're Crazy

Edited by Rindmelon
appalling grammer
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What are the differences between these and the ones on the AFD Super Deluxe? Is there anything really discernible? 

unmastered and some takes were not included in a AFD Box like Rocket Queen Take 2, Nice Boys Take 2 and 3, Cornshucker and Don't Cry

For me it's sad that Jumpin Jack Flash Take 2 was not included because it's my favourite version because Axl sings...

Slash was drowned (...)
Steven looked frowned (...)
Duff fell down (...)
Izzy was crowned (...)

He doesn't sing it on the version on the AFD Box.. i think only two names but not all four names

But these version (except Cornshucker) were already on the internet. I remember a YouTube Channel in 2008 or so, where a guy uploads tons of Appetite and Illusion Takes and Demos, including Sound City and Mystic Studio.. it's already blocked years ago but i download it all but bad quality. And there were three Don't Cry Version. One Mystic Studio '85 and one from the Sound City Studio '86 and another take.

Edited by t-p-d-a

5 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

unmastered and some takes were not included in a AFD Box like Rocket Queen Take 2, Nice Boys Take 2 and 3, Cornshucker and Don't Cry

For me it's sad that Jumpin Jack Flash Take 2 was not included because it's my favourite version because Axl sings...

Slash was drowned (...)
Steven looked frowned (...)
Duff fell down (...)
Izzy was crowned (...)

He doesn't sing it on the version on the AFD Box.. i think only two names but not all four names

But these version (except Cornshucker) were already on the internet. I remember a YouTube Channel in 2008 or so, where a guy uploads tons of Appetite and Illusion Takes and Demos, including Sound City and Mystic Studio.. it's already blocked years ago but i download it all but bad quality. And there were three Don't Cry Version. One Mystic Studio '85 and one from the Sound City Studio '86 and another take.

Thanks! 

It's just dawned on me that I do actually have these from back then! Cornshucker leaked years ago didn't it? I'm sure I have that too. 

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks! 

It's just dawned on me that I do actually have these from back then! Cornshucker leaked years ago didn't it? I'm sure I have that too. 

Yes Cornshucker (Length: 04:34) it's already out. This version which is leaked now, it's a new to me. I never heard it and it sounds '86

Edited by t-p-d-a

I guess this is now the right time and place to ask, there’s been that one demo of SCOM on YouTube for years (which is beautiful) but the sound quality is pretty awful, has there ever been another version available? Surely they demoed it a few times like other Appetite tracks? If it was only that one demo ever done is that why it wasn’t included in the deluxe box set because the quality was not possible to clean up enough?

9 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I guess this is now the right time and place to ask, there’s been that one demo of SCOM on YouTube for years (which is beautiful) but the sound quality is pretty awful, has there ever been another version available? Surely they demoed it a few times like other Appetite tracks? If it was only that one demo ever done is that why it wasn’t included in the deluxe box set because the quality was not possible to clean up enough?

The Pasha demo? That was left off the box set along with the other Pasha tracks because Fernando didn’t know the Pasha sessions existed… not even joking :facepalm:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, LlamaRenegade said:

The Pasha demo? That was left off the box set along with the other Pasha tracks because Fernando didn’t know the Pasha sessions existed… not even joking :facepalm:

Just looked up Pasha demos as I’d never heard of them before, thank you! And I’d normally say what a surprise.. but nothing does with that guy anymore :facepalm:

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 1

Cornshucker is an awesome song by the way, I don't get why it wasn't included in the box either, since it's an "unheard" song. Maybe they didn't want to deal with The Mentors bugging them again or suing them for copyright infringement and wanting a piece of the pie, but I love that song, just fun.

• Like 1