Chinese Democracy Hidden Tracks

Listening to Monsters, I can hear what sounds like Axl high pitching more lyrics quietly in the background as well as lots of different woo hoos and other non distinguishable vocals. This made me remember the CD hidden tracks that were on Youtube for a while but I can no longer find. They were a collection of things that were buried in the mix or barely discernible in the final song, I can only assume they were taken from the rock band stems or by some crazy advanced Ai of it's time. It was random guitar licks, random axl vocals, hidden orchestras, whispers and atmospherics.

Does anyone know where I can find them or were one of you the one putting them on YT? Anyone else remember these?

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

51 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Listening to Monsters, I can hear what sounds like Axl high pitching more lyrics quietly in the background as well as lots of different woo hoos and other non distinguishable vocals. This made me remember the CD hidden tracks that were on Youtube for a while but I can no longer find. They were a collection of things that were buried in the mix or barely discernible in the final song, I can only assume they were taken from the rock band stems or by some crazy advanced Ai of it's time. It was random guitar licks, random axl vocals, hidden orchestras, whispers and atmospherics.

Does anyone know where I can find them or were one of you the one putting them on YT? Anyone else remember these?

Id love to hear those

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Is 'hidden tracks' this months word to say ...what makes people think they exist ? We've the village leaks & the 4 singles & monsters, which those with a screw loose thought was a hidden track on the Japanese cd 

Actually I think that should be what they call our "fandom"...never mind being a Gunner...The Screw Loose Forum! 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Is 'hidden tracks' this months word to say ...what makes people think they exist ? We've the village leaks & the 4 singles & monsters, which those with a screw loose thought was a hidden track on the Japanese cd 

Hidden tracks was what they were called on YT. They are effectively isolated recordings of single stems of instruments or vocal layers on all the CD songs. Axl did like 50 vocal layers for some songs on CD. Different accents, whispers, high and low vocals etc and about 45 of them are turned right down to thicken the final piece. 

On TWAT he did this weird demonic 'LONG TIME' thing you can hear if you really listen on good sound system in the 'long time for you' bit. The orchestra under TIL, random guitar licks that sound so out of place on the final mix yet are left in, just really buried. Probably find some more frogs too like in the general

Edited by JimiRose

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I remember those - my recollection is that they were taken from the Rock Band files. There were Vocal Only, Orch only, custom mixes, etc. It was pretty awesome. And then they took them away from us...

Just now, DizzyReed63 said:

I remember those - my recollection is that they were taken from the Rock Band files. There were Vocal Only, Orch only, custom mixes, etc. It was pretty awesome. And then they took them away from us...

The question is why? They're actually really good as reference for recording your own stuff, how you can enhance sound different ways. Some were just totally weird though.

Like others have said they were the rockband stems split up into bits. The interesting stuff can normally be found on the 'Additional instruments' stems for the songs. That's where most of Pittmans stuff is stored normally, it's also where the orchestra stuff is on songs like Madagascar & it's also where little guitar overdubs that are not on the guitar stem are. Vocal overdubs too,

You can the use stem splitters to attack to individual stems and reveal even more. I didn't know there was a full Choir in parts of TIL for years, there's just too many layers.

Thank you to the freelance games developer (who never got there money):D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSTK said:

Melissa hasn't been on any of the other releases so far, or Frank 

Yeah I mean, I know that’s the word, but in the instrumental, it sounds really strongly that there’s a female singer in the background. 
also, semantics but, “Monsters” hasn’t been “released.”

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Yeah I mean, I know that’s the word, but in the instrumental, it sounds really strongly that there’s a female singer in the background. 
also, semantics but, “Monsters” hasn’t been “released.”

Makes no difference really if its officially released or not, I bet that's the final version 

I used to listen to the Prostitute - Synths & Orchestra only video on YouTube a lot, really beautiful work. Craziest is hearing all the Buckethead guitar parts isolated on Scraped, they're totally buried and almost wholly indiscernible in the final mix.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Someone on YouTube has a couple isolated tracks the this i love orchestra thing is so good Lenny Maidana

Wow! That bass line!! Never heard or noticed that before. Dark and moody! Kinda reminds me of She Wants Revenge. The crunch of the rhythm guitar too. The orchestral strings are beautiful, but I'd love to hear a more prominent guitar remix with those alternate vocals.

Edited by doakes
  • Like 1

Check out scraped. There’s “hidden” lyrics in the last chorus. Pretty cool, spotify has the lyrics now and I never could figure out what he was saying on my own 

Don’t you try to stop us now, (I’d give anything to know)

I just refuse (I would have never made it so far)

don’t you try to stop us now, cause I just won’t let you (I’d give anything to know) 

Don’t you try to stop us now (how you live with yourself)

pretty cool! 

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 8:44 AM, Appetitefordiscussion said:

Check out scraped. There’s “hidden” lyrics in the last chorus. Pretty cool, spotify has the lyrics now and I never could figure out what he was saying on my own 

Don’t you try to stop us now, (I’d give anything to know)

I just refuse (I would have never made it so far)

don’t you try to stop us now, cause I just won’t let you (I’d give anything to know) 

Don’t you try to stop us now (how you live with yourself)

pretty cool! 

Those spotify lyrics are a bit off. The 'background chorus' is:

I'd give anything to know

How you live with yourself

I would have never made it so far

All by myself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1