How are you doing today?

adamsapple

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully, welcoming a new rocker into the world in a couple of months. I'm rooting for a boy. I just don't think I could handle another woman in the household, about time someone starts agreeing with me! :P 

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 6:57 PM, grouse said:

Hopefully, welcoming a new rocker into the world in a couple of months. I'm rooting for a boy. I just don't think I could handle another woman in the household, about time someone starts agreeing with me! :P 

Congratulations on your new incoming Son or Daughter, 😀, but a huge part of your post comes off as sexist...😐

9 hours ago, Karice said:

Congratulations on your new incoming Son or Daughter, 😀, but a huge part of your post comes off as sexist...😐

It didn't come off as remotely sexist. More tongue in cheek humour. I'm sure he loves his wife/partner and will love his kid whatever the gender. 

When my wife was pregnant with our second child she hoped for a daughter. She joked that with me, one son and a male cat that she was outnumbered. Well our second and last child was a boy. You love your kids whatever they come out as. Nothing wrong with a little humour.

6 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

How am I doing today? 

Pretty crap. I wish I could just escape the current situation and fast forward months or years. 

What's your current situation?

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 11:57 PM, grouse said:

Congratulations, are you gonna find out the sex before birth?

1 hour ago, Gunner Gilby said:

It didn't come off as remotely sexist. More tongue in cheek humour. I'm sure he loves his wife/partner and will love his kid whatever the gender. 

When my wife was pregnant with our second child she hoped for a daughter. She joked that with me, one son and a male cat that she was outnumbered. Well our second and last child was a boy. You love your kids whatever they come out as. Nothing wrong with a little humour.

Don't feed the troll eh I mean Karen...oh Karice was the word I was looking for! :lol:

How is your family doing Gunner Gilby? :)

22 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Congratulations, are you gonna find out the sex before birth?

Thanks for asking and for the kind words Jan, I'm not sure, at the moment we are leaning towards a "yeah I really want to know the sex before birth because of practical reasons"  versus "we'll see it'll  be loved anyway".  Do you have children Jan? I'm assuming you do since you asked an oddly specific question :P 

Edited by grouse

3 minutes ago, grouse said:

Thanks for asking and for the kind words Jan, I'm not sure, at the moment we are leaning towards a "yeah I really want to know the sex before birth because of practical reasons"  versus "we'll see it'll  be loved anyway".  Do you have children Jan? I'm assuming you do since you asked an oddly specific question :P 

Yes lol, I have 3 and my other half has 3, so 5 girls and 1 boy. They are all adults now with their own kids, we have 15 grandkids between us. Yeah I'm THAT old :lol:

17 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Yes lol, I have 3 and my other half has 3, so 5 girls and 1 boy. They are all adults now with their own kids, we have 15 grandkids between us. Yeah I'm THAT old :lol:

Grandparents are taking over the interwebz omg! :P of course im just kidding haha. I'm in my 30's right now and I respect people who are older than I am. So the I'm that old line, while I know it's being said in jest, does not sit right with me. Listen to your elders kiddo´s but give em hell at the same time ;) 

Edited by grouse
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grouse said:

Don't feed the troll eh I mean Karen...oh Karice was the word I was looking for! :lol:

How is your family doing Gunner Gilby? :)

Really good thanks. My youngest son is basketball mad. He's in his second year of intermediate. He's played basketball for the school team last year and this year. He found out last week he made the A squad.

Not bad for a Monday! Do you know what would make it better? I do.

How about CD2, pre Bumblefoot? :D Maybe some day! I'd be cool with a Bumblefoot CD2 as well, as Bucket would still be on a majority of it, much like the 2008 album. :) 

20 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Good to hear Gunner Gilby, we all love to see our kids prosper! I'd love to get into some of that basketball action you guys have got going on in the states!

On 3/9/2024 at 12:57 AM, grouse said:

Congratulations! ^_^

On 3/11/2024 at 12:28 AM, janrichmond said:

Next step is great grandchildren. ;)

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2024 at 3:28 AM, janrichmond said:

Imagine your grandmother being a Slash fan. How cool is that? Mine is into praying + tea making and stuff.

• Haha 2

On 3/12/2024 at 12:00 AM, Gunner Gilby said:

I'm in New Zealand 

My bad my man, I just assumed that the whole throwing a ball around and using your hands while doing so was an American thing. More power to the kiwis!

2 hours ago, grouse said:

My bad my man, I just assumed that the whole throwing a ball around and using your hands while doing so was an American thing. More power to the kiwis!

All good mate. We live in Nelson. We're going to Wellington to see the Harlem Globetrotters when they visit. Should be good.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:23 PM, Gunner Gilby said:

What's your current situation?

Getting divorced through a long and painful drawn out distancing of our relationship, which built up to a really poorly handled "I don't love you" from my wife.

It happened 2 months ago today. I feel like yesterday was the first day that I snapped out of my funk. I thought I had before, but it wasn't real. Today feels better.

I've just written up our Separation Agreement, to be delivered at the appropriate time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

Getting divorced through a long and painful drawn out distancing of our relationship, which built up to a really poorly handled "I don't love you" from my wife.

It happened 2 months ago today. I feel like yesterday was the first day that I snapped out of my funk. I thought I had before, but it wasn't real. Today feels better.

I've just written up our Separation Agreement, to be delivered at the appropriate time.

Having been on the receiving end on that one, I can say those words hurt. Sending you lots of love of love and strength  

Edited by grouse

19 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

Shit. Sorry to hear that you're going thru this. I suppose at least you don't have kids that are stuck in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Chris1989 said:

I do - a 3 year old daughter :(

Oh shit. Sorry I just assumed (wrongly) cos you hadn't mentioned kids. My parents split when my brother and I were young so I can relate. How is she coping and processing it all.

Kids can be resilient. So long as she knows you and your ex are both there for her.

• Like 1