Ritz Blu Ray - Where's Dizzy?

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I assume you're related to Dizzy

Nope. I'm just a fan who enjoys seeing every member of his favourite band on stage either when seeing them live or on a Blu Ray. Really not sure why that's a strange or humourous concept.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

So by your logic you must think Axl's an old lady. Cos he gave Dizzy the gig and has let him keep it for 34 years straight and counting.

Someone can't take a joke.

17 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I never liked him in GnR. 
he’s obviously very lucky to have been friends with Axl so he joined and hasn’t rocked the boat in 34 years.

the ultimate yes man.

Dizzy was definitely lucky. But that's not to say he isn't very talented and deserving of his place in the band. 

I think he's very loyal to Axl cos Axl made him a band member when he was being evicted and was about to have nowhere to live. I don't think it's about being a yes man and not rocking the boat. Of course Dizzy knows he's got a gig many can only dream of. Why fix what ain't broke. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

he’s obviously very lucky to have been friends with Axl so he joined and hasn’t rocked the boat in 34 years.

the ultimate yes man.

I don’t have a problem with Dizzy, and I wouldn’t exactly call him a yes man either, tbh. When the old bickering couple finally broke up, it’s not like he had a huge dilemma as to which side to choose. Slash’s subsequent music, whether Snakepit or later VR, didn’t need keyboards, while Axl, on the other hand, always did – hell, he had not one but two keyboardists in the band at the same time! And so Dizzy stayed, minding his own business, playing the awesome Estranged solo every night (I mean, since 2011). 
And the fact he never told us anything of real value in the interviews? Well, no shit, as he obviously wasn’t allowed to (not that this has drastically changed since 2016 regarding even Slash or Duff). 
If you want to look for yes men, remember a certain guy reacting like a wounded rabid dog every time someone dared to criticize anything regarding Axl online; or a woman who gets hugged by Axl on the side of the stage mid-song and who holds an umbrella for him when he’s picking up his mail, for god’s sake (where’s the yellow raincoat when you need one, huh?). Yeah, if I wanted to look for yes men, that’s where I’d turn my attention to. 
Dizzy is ok. Neved done any harm that we're aware of. Playing his part. Why not. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I don’t have a problem with Dizzy, and I wouldn’t exactly call him a yes man either, tbh. When the old bickering couple finally broke up, it’s not like he had a huge dilemma as to which side to choose. Slash’s subsequent music, whether Snakepit or later VR, didn’t need keyboards, while Axl, on the other hand, always did – hell, he had not one but two keyboardists in the band at the same time! And so Dizzy stayed, minding his own business, playing the awesome Estranged solo every night (I mean, since 2011). 
And the fact he never told us anything of real value in the interviews? Well, no shit, as he obviously wasn’t allowed to (not that this has drastically changed since 2016 regarding even Slash or Duff). 
If you want to look for yes men, remember a certain guy reacting like a wounded rabid dog every time someone dared to criticize anything regarding Axl online; or a woman who gets hugged by Axl on the side of the stage mid-song and who holds an umbrella for him when he’s picking up his mail, for god’s sake (where’s the yellow raincoat when you need one, huh?). Yeah, if I wanted to look for yes men, that’s where I’d turn my attention to. 
Dizzy is ok. Neved done any harm that we're aware of. Playing his part. Why not. 

I agree with all that you wrote with just one correction. Both Snakepit albums have keyboards. Dizzy on the first. Teddy on the second.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I agree with all that you wrote with just one correction. Both Snakepit albums have keyboards. Dizzy on the first. Teddy on the second.

Damn, I completely forgot about that. Well, it's been a while (I don't remember the keys at all). Anyway, Dizzy's position in the band is cemented, and rightfully so. 

Honestly I feel like because Dizzy was so fresh in the band, he was still trying to earn everyone's respect. A lack of shots for someone that new is not that surprising to me. I think I even remember reading in one of their books that Dizzy wasn't well respected at first. With all that being said, I can totally understand the jokes that people make about him and I definitely find them funny. At the same time, I do respect Dizzy and his talents. He's a legit member.

Edited by Jwalker19
Added more f'n thoughts
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Damn, I completely forgot about that. Well, it's been a while (I don't remember the keys at all). Anyway, Dizzy's position in the band is cemented, and rightfully so. 

And let's be honest. If any of us could play keys and got offered the opportunity Dizzy was who in their right mind wouldn't take it? To mock him for not doing anything to screw it up for 34 years is stupid. And to be the only classic member for a long time and surviving the craziness that is having Axl for a boss he must have the patience of a saint.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jwalker19 said:

Honestly I feel like because Dizzy was so fresh in the band, he was still trying to earn everyone's respect. A lack of shots for someone that new is not that surprising to me. I think I even remember reading in one of their books that Dizzy wasn't well respected at first. With all that being said, I can totally understand the jokes that people make about him and I definitely find them funny. At the same time, I do respect Dizzy and his talents. He's a legit member.

Well Dizzy actually joined before Matt did. The issue was that Axl asked Dizzy to join the band and didn't consult the others. They gave Dizzy a hand time for a little while when really they should've talked to Axl. But Dizzy gelled with the others pretty quick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Well Dizzy actually joined before Matt did. The issue was that Axl asked Dizzy to join the band and didn't consult the others. They gave Dizzy a hand time for a little while when really they should've talked to Axl. But Dizzy gelled with the others pretty quick.

Bruh one of the funniest things I find about Dizzy is that I always felt like he was always trying to copy Axl's look lmao. I swear in the 2000s I felt like any time Axl changed his hair, Dizzy would always try to switch it to the exact same thing or something similar lmao. I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks that but I always found that shit humorous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jwalker19 said:

Bruh one of the funniest things I find about Dizzy is that I always felt like he was always trying to copy Axl's look lmao. I swear in the 2000s I felt like any time Axl changed his hair, Dizzy would always try to switch it to the exact same thing or something similar lmao. I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks that but I always found that shit humorous.

I never noticed that myself. I thought Paul Tobias looked like a bad Axl clone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

the ultimate yes man.

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

I have to agree with @megaguns1982 and disagree with @jamillos, Dizzy is absolutely a "yes man". It is not always easy to know for sure, and when it comes to Team Brazil and even Del James, it can't be anything but guesswork (and with TB we know they have disagreed with Axl previously), but as for Dizzy, he is truly 100% in support of Axl. He even said so himself:

uterwe10.jpg

I fear this is the way to ingratiate oneself with Axl, unswerving loyalty and little if any disagreement. Just look at that sniveling letter that Doug Goldstein sent to Axl. If that's what Goldstein thought it took to get back on Axl's good side, then that's really a sad indication of what sort of people Axl wants around him. That being said, Goldstein would also disagree and be critical with Axl, but I suppose you have to pick your battles and approach it the right way. 

As for whether it is negative that Dizzy is 100% loyal and always supportive of Axl, nah, not really. I don't think it matters and I get why Dizzy adopts that strategy, he is in it for the long haul.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

So by your logic you must think Axl's an old lady. Cos he gave Dizzy the gig and has let him keep it for 34 years straight and counting.

Hmm he is beginning to look like a old lady so yes Axl is a old lady

images.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

This...

They were not really going to set up specific shots of him for a music video of a song he isn't really on. On a side note I noticed Dizzy was very high in the mix on live shows at the start of last tour and it actually worked on some of the AFD stuff, cant see how it would on YCBM though and obviously they, and probably he thought the same when it was recorded.

Yeah, I liked his piano in the Rocket Queen solo on the last tour. He was high in the mix in 2001/2 as well, the organ in SCOM comes to mind.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Amir said:

Yeah, I liked his piano in the Rocket Queen solo on the last tour. He was high in the mix in 2001/2 as well, the organ in SCOM comes to mind.

Yeah the organ section on the bridge is on the rerecorded studio version as well, works really well. Maybe one day the full version will find it's way out there.

• GNFNR 1

18 hours ago, Jwalker19 said:

"After a few shows, everyone sort of realized it was going to be pretty cool having me around." 🤣

To be fair, a KEYBOARDIST in a HARD Rock Band is a risky move. Generally keyboards are more for DANCE POP(Think Milli Vanill Girl You Know It's True, Cyndi Lauper's She Bop(Although She Bop is more of a synthesizer than a KEYBOARD) SOFT rock(Think Bryan Adams Everything I Do, Rod Stewart Downtown Train)) , PSYCHEDELIC pop(Think Iron Butterfly Inna Gadda Da Vida). Now Guns N'Roses has TWO Keyboard Players, Melissa and Dizzy, keyboard (s) in Guns N'Roses waa a risky move that turned out to be VERY successful. 😀

Dizzy has a place in the live shows. He was great during the acoustic sets back in 93. That said, I don't think he needs to be out on stage every song trying to look busy. Melissa.. Still a joke