This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

What should be noted is that the OP came here not to engage in a discussion, but to tell everyone that doesn't agree with him/her how wrong they are. That is a giant red flag that trying to engage in a discussion will be like ramming your head into a brick wall with this supposed banned member (I am willing to bet it is Volcano)

The majority of what this person is trying to pass off as fact is a subjective opinion and may vary from person to person. It doesn't matter what lineup you like more, it's all good because everyone has their own preferences. But telling everyone how wrong they are and constantly bashing former members is nothing except for a great way to let people know to not take you seriously

Edited by WhazUp

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should be noted is that the OP came here not to engage in a discussion, but to tell everyone that doesn't agree with him/her how wrong they are. That is a giant red flag that trying to engage in a discussion will be like ramming your head into a brick wall with this supposed banned member (I am willing to bet it is Volcano)

I'll take that bet.

I'll take that bet.

Nah, the mods wouldn't let him slip pass them. :rolleyes:

Edited by BirdCatcher

Nah, is some old banned idiot that couldn't resist what was going on in here (with the HOF induction, HOF performance, Axl's letter and whatever) and decided to do whatever it takes to create an account. I don't think it's volcano. :shrugs:

The majority of what this person is trying to pass off as fact is a subjective opinion and may vary from person to person. It doesn't matter what lineup you like more, it's all good because everyone has their own preferences. But telling everyone how wrong they are and constantly bashing former members is nothing except for a great way to let people know to not take you seriously

Exactly.

I feel like they should write a new record. There's nothing stopping them.

maybe there is

"Once I get the next things sorted out with the label, then I feel I can get to that creative place that I've been fighting to get to, and to use Guns N' Roses to do so," he said, later adding, "We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

I feel like they should write a new record. There's nothing stopping them.

maybe there is

"Once I get the next things sorted out with the label, then I feel I can get to that creative place that I've been fighting to get to, and to use Guns N' Roses to do so," he said, later adding, "We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

2018 is coming!

And, if the old band reunited now, there's no telling what kind of chemistry, if any, they would have.

Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6vny8wngg

You mean like this? ^^^

You realize that this is what any of 100 cover bands across the world does every Friday night.

What you cant do is write and perform a song like "Sorry" or 4 or 5 other songs on CD without Axl Rose.

Thats not kissing up to Axl, thats reality. It wasnt his best vocal for sure, but live music that happens sometimes and if you've ever gone to

more than 3 concerts youd know that. Go listen to the CD and tell me sorry isnt old school GNR ya goofs.

theres a reason why Velvet Revolver didnt work, its called creativity.

And I'll bet even money this group that played a GNR cover at the HOF tries to make a run at being a band.

Write this down, you'll see them soon. They're 50 and their window is closing.

Because Axl doesnt act like you want him to act doesnt mean you lose touch with reality.

This "Axl's Husband' whatever the fuck that is, has a point.

You either liked GNR, like GNR, with Axl or you dont.

and you can like this video too if youd like, but its not Guns N Roses and it will never be Guns N Roses

You were drunk when you wrote this, right? Might wanna change the sauce. :)

If the original band reunited, they would be 100 times better than the line up now. I love the current line-up, but let's be honest here. :P

Let's be honest here - if you forced these guys together, all you'd get is a couple of black eyes and broken bones. You're all delusional :)

The band who played at the ceromony is GN'R in 2012.

And it's not only my opinion, it's the opinion of 76% of the 61k+ people who voted on the poll of TMZ.

Whoop-dey fuckin' doo. You share an opinion with people that visit tmz. I'm not so sure that that is something to be bragging about anywhere.

Unless you are heavily interested in what the paparazzi does. If that's the case, I'm not judging.

They did give us a thread about Axl and Lana that nobody asked for, so I guess they can't be all bad. Fuck that, yes they can.

And it's not only my opinion, it's the opinion of 76% of the 61k+ people who voted on the poll of TMZ.

Eh no. The people on TMZ voted on who deserves the name, not who owns that name.

title says The real guns n roses....slash's group or axl's group.

Eh no. The people on TMZ voted on who deserves the name, not who owns that name.

title says The real guns n roses....slash's group or axl's group.

You won't get far in life from only reading titles. The text says:

A judge already ruled that Axl owns the name Guns N' Roses ... and he still tours under the the GNR banner ... but who DESERVES the title? Axl and his band ... or Slash, Duff, Steven and the replacement?

Bruno, you talking about the HOF performance? I haven't seen it yet but did they fuck up?

you talking about the part where he does the harmonic? he does all the time, he means to.

it's ok, some ppl don't know what a fuck up is

Compare these two versions, then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z70fHiCNxfQ&feature=fvst

2:32 on the 1st vid / 2:50 on the 2nd

3:35 on the 1st vid / 4:04 on the 2nd

Can't you both hear the difference? I know what a fuck up is, but your extremely biased opinions don't even know when to admit that your hero fucked up a song.

CD sold more world wide. But it's obvious CD is GNR record. If Slash played on it everyone would be saying how awesome it is.

Damn straight we would, it would have sounded a hell of a lot better.

no fretless wankery, tapping, elephant or atari noises :thumbsup:

Yeah, we should stick to conventional and boring shit because we're too coward to try something new. Great idea. Let's play to straight rock n' fuckin roll songs for the rest of our lives.

BTW, what's the problem with tapping? I bet if Slash used tapping as his signature tech, like EVH, you would LO-O-O-O-Oooove tapping.

Yes, I was about to post that. What if EVH, Malmsteen, Vai, Satch, Beck and others never tried to play beyond their limits? What if they kept playing simpler stuff that they had going on at the time? What if Hendrix never used a wah or distorcion? We would all be listening to old based blues rock forever. I'm glad we have players like Ron and Bucket that can THINK and PLAY forward, not only a certain amount of pentatonic licks forever.

holy shit, first time i see that SCOM video from RRHOF... that was amazing

Inturments properly tuned

High Notes

Slash playing around the outro solo (letting loose)

perfect timming, no pauses..

and Myles nailed it...

that was kick ass!

Edited by dario27

@Bruno, BBF isnt doing anything new, this guy was doing that stuff in the 70s.....much younger and did it much better.

Better tone, style, technique, true amazing talent.

http://www.myspace.com/video/pedro/randy-rhoads-solos/101978659

btw, if someone can help me find the full version of that video, id appreciate it.

Edited by cliffburton

@Bruno, BBF isnt doing anything new, this guy was doing that stuff in the 70s.....much younger and did it much better.

Better tone, style, technique, true amazing talent.

http://www.myspace.com/video/pedro/randy-rhoads-solos/101978659

btw, if someone can help me find the full version of that video, id appreciate it.

don't waste your time man

i can only laugh when people start talking about guitar and start bringin up names without noticing their rip offs...

ps: i'm not talking about Bumblefoot, i'm just saying some talk about guitar as if it was a contest.

Bruno, you talking about the HOF performance? I haven't seen it yet but did they fuck up?

you talking about the part where he does the harmonic? he does all the time, he means to.

it's ok, some ppl don't know what a fuck up is

Compare these two versions, then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z70fHiCNxfQ&feature=fvst

2:32 on the 1st vid / 2:50 on the 2nd

3:35 on the 1st vid / 4:04 on the 2nd

Can't you both hear the difference? I know what a fuck up is, but your extremely biased opinions don't even know when to admit that your hero fucked up a song.

CD sold more world wide. But it's obvious CD is GNR record. If Slash played on it everyone would be saying how awesome it is.

Damn straight we would, it would have sounded a hell of a lot better.

no fretless wankery, tapping, elephant or atari noises :thumbsup:

Yeah, we should stick to conventional and boring shit because we're too coward to try something new. Great idea. Let's play to straight rock n' fuckin roll songs for the rest of our lives.

BTW, what's the problem with tapping? I bet if Slash used tapping as his signature tech, like EVH, you would LO-O-O-O-Oooove tapping.

Yes, I was about to post that. What if EVH, Malmsteen, Vai, Satch, Beck and others never tried to play beyond their limits? What if they kept playing simpler stuff that they had going on at the time? What if Hendrix never used a wah or distorcion? We would all be listening to old based blues rock forever. I'm glad we have players like Ron and Bucket that can THINK and PLAY forward, not only a certain amount of pentatonic licks forever.

wow, you actually went through those videos looking for literally a fraction of a second where slash didn't hit the (ostensibly) proper note.

i like robin and bucket and dj. all of them have had their fair share of mistakes.

and unlike slash they're the ones basically - so far, anyway - being paid to go on tour and note-for-note know those old songs. slash wrote them. he isn't rehearsing them constantly.

this kind of behaviour from 'fans' is just really sad.

Whats even more pathetic is saying one or two notes is "fucking up a song". really? I didnt even notice it the first time i heard it, and i doubt the audience did either. that motherfucker WROTE THAT SOLO, what does ashba or BBF have that even begins to compare to that? lets get real for a second, SCOM is almost always, along with NR considered to be the best GNR solo, if not best solo of all time. Its constantly ranked up there with Stairway to Heaven. BBF and Ashba, sorry to say, will never receive that honor. so choke on that.

i think things are pretty clear:

1. there are unbiased people who:

a. like slash's input more and they are the ones that think that snakepit albums and velvet revolver albums are better than chinese democracy

b. like axl's input more and they think that chinese democracy is better than the rest have managed to put out

c. those who like both. would be happiest with the reunion but are also happy with CD as well as what other guys have put out

my comment: snakepit, vr, and all the other are in my view just another rock record, nothing less nothing more and to me GNR was never just another rock record. CD on the other hand is not just another rock record because there's too much going on there and has much more variety than an average rock record and to me regardless of the genre captures more the spirit of GNR the way I have felt it to be

people who think that VR captures what GNR is all about will never see current GNR as GNR

people who think that current GNR captures what GNR is all about wont understand how can somebody claim taht VR sounds more like GNR that CD

we are all different people that feed on different stuff in music. part of the food left with slash and the others (i don't happen to value much that type of food and so i don't miss them so much. those who value that "food" miss the old guys too much to be content with current GNR) but part of the food is left (i happen to value this food much more and to me axl brought in that food in the old band and the new band an to me GNR will be there where axl brings this food I like

2. biased people who disregard the music and take into account only their personal incline to whoever they find more likeable personaly (for example those who think NR and Estranged are masterpieces and then bash axl and say that he's replacable; hypocritical to me)

Edited by the rush