Your concerts in 2013

Powerage5

Saw Depeche Mode last night. Was bummed they didn't do Wrong and World In My Eyes but the set list and the band was stellar beside that.

For anyone even remotely interested, here's a review Billboard just posted:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5672561/depeche-modes-delta-machine-touches-down-in-north-america-with-raw-detroit

did you see them at pine knob?

Saw Depeche Mode last night. Was bummed they didn't do Wrong and World In My Eyes but the set list and the band was stellar beside that.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5672561/depeche-modes-delta-machine-touches-down-in-north-america-with-raw-detroit

Yep!

Yep!

Almost went to that show with my aunt, glad it was good!

Yep!

Almost went to that show with my aunt, glad it was good!

Right on. I live down in Livonia and grew up right in Clarkston so I'm always out that way. I like living in Livonia because I'm pretty much centered with all of the venues in the area.

Any idea what the best route there is, coming in eastbound 401?

I want to avoid the CNE area if possible.

401-DVP-Gardner- get off at Spadina exit but stay on the right side that says Lakeshore. Make the 2nd right to make your way up Bathurst.

I did get a (free) ticket so let me know if you guys want to meet up.

What did you think of the Iron Maiden show in Bucharest compared to the others you went to on this tour? (I was at that show)

Performance-wise it was pretty good. Not the best I've seen on this tour, but far from the worst. Out of the 10 gigs I saw in Europe, I'd probably rank it behind Stockholm, London (Both nights), and Helsinki - and probably on par with Istanbul and St. Petersburg. Better than Malmö, Moscow, and Zagreb. Venue was great - up there with Bergenhus Festning in Norway as my favorite place I've seen Maiden play.

I admit it's a bit hard for me to view the Bucharest gig objectively, since I had backstage passes since Anthrax was on the bill, and I got to meet Janick again, and Bruce for the first time, as well as watch Anthrax's set from the stage, and one of Maiden's crew guys I know pretty well gave me a bit of a backstage tour of Maiden's gear, and got me a bunch of freebies like setlists, guitar picks, the personalized sweatbands the guys in Maiden wear, etc. So experience-wise I have to say it may be my favorite Maiden gig ever :shades:

Skipping Riot Fest tonight unfortunately. Next up for me is Mayer Hawthorne in Toronto on the 6th.

Please let me know how the show is. He's not coming anywhere near me unfortunately.

I'm sure he'll be great! The last time I saw him was one of my favorite gigs I've ever been to ;)

Guest Len B'stard

I got Vodka'd up to my eyeballs and went to see Leonard Cohen at the 02 Wembley a year or so back...ended up sitting next to, of all people, some bloke who used to work for the management of The Slits...after about 3 songs in i felt like i couldn't hack anymore and left. I think it was a bad idea to get heavily pissed and go to a seated gig with an 80 yr old man performing. Y'know when you're just too tanked to sit down? Was like that.

On the other side of me was this massive Czech bloke with a cowboy hat on that began talking to me about his obssession with the computer game 'Final Fantasy'. I think that played a part in my leaving too :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Was jealous of a mate of mine who got to see Stone Roses reunion gig at Heaton Park in June 2011. He got so pissed he could barely remember it. What a waste.

I went to that gig. Was he about 5'9, with a grade 4 haircut with about 5 other City supporter mates? Because if so I smacked him in the mouth. Probably not likely as there were a few score thousand people there but y'never know :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Metallica are playing at the Apollo Theater in NYC September 21st. Tickets are only available for winning it seems, for MetClub members and SiriusXM subscribers.

I'm thinking about joining the MetClub and taking my chances to win.

Wish I could just buy tickets though. Dammit.

Still thinking about trying my luck with a Met Club membership. Ugh.

Anyone here a Sirius subscriber that wants to try to enter and win tickets for me/us? :lol: