Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

I saw the movie, it was not up to my expectations, the story seemed pretty slow in the first half, that grip was not there. Second Half was good.

I think overall the movie could have been way better. I guess nothing can beat The Dark Knight Rises. 

For me it will be just a one time watch, it din't excite me that much that I would go to see this again. 

35 minutes ago, Andrew07 said:

people who reviewed this movie badly probably either arent comic book fans or dont get the tone of these dc movies, the director purposely made them with a darker tone then what people are used to.. 

No offence but that comment sounds like someone simply trying to justify the negative reviews by chalking them up to people simply not liking comic books or movies with dark tones. It kinda sounds like the people who 8 years later are still saying if those who don't like Chinese Democracy would just give it a fair chance and judge it on the music and not the time it took to make or that Slash isn't in the band, they'd like it. 

55 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I saw the movie, it was not up to my expectations, the story seemed pretty slow in the first half, that grip was not there. Second Half was good.

I think overall the movie could have been way better. I guess nothing can beat The Dark Knight Rises. 

For me it will be just a one time watch, it din't excite me that much that I would go to see this again. 

You mean the Dark Knight right? Not Rises?

45 minutes ago, Bono said:

No offence but that comment sounds like someone simply trying to justify the negative reviews by chalking them up to people simply not liking comic books or movies with dark tones. It kinda sounds like the people who 8 years later are still saying if those who don't like Chinese Democracy would just give it a fair chance and judge it on the music and not the time it took to make or that Slash isn't in the band, they'd like it. 

I was thinking about this the other day actually(when reviews started pouring in). BvS is the ChiDem of movies? Expensive($250 million to make; $160mill marketing), people were really looking forward to it, but majority are underwhelmed.

The movie falls into the comfortable category of "boring."

Boring is very par for course with Zack Snyder, whose visuals are always pretty arresting, but ultimately, meaningless. He doesn't seem to direct actors, he always has structuring problems and he fails to make his characters transcend just their basic necessities.

Dawn of the Dead is a good popcorn flick and Watchman is very impressive in its slavish devotion to  its source, but fuck, this guy should only be making trailers. All his features seem to go on forever and there's no narrative pulse.

Ben Affleck might have been a great batman behind someone else's camera, but under this one, even Batman is boring and lumber some.

• Like 1

I really liked it. Batfleck is awesome and Wonder Woman is really cool. I do have quite a few complaints but I don't think it's nearly as bad as people are saying. It has it's flaws but it's all poor choice of the director: too much hype for justice league, too much of that senator talking to lex luthor, that dream sequence is useless and confusing. But other than that, great movie.

7 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Any chance Eisenberg is any good in this? Every time I see the trailers I just shake my head at how bad it looks for a casting decision.

He was pretty good to be honest, even I thought while watching the trailer, but when I watched the movie, he gave a new definition to the character.

I loved it. It goes off the rails quite a bit from the normal superhero movies of late, and it seems to be freaking critics out.  I thought the ending in particular was quite ballsy and deep.  

I give it 3 and 1/2 out of four stars.

• Like 1

I didn't think it was better than Nolan's movies , but wasn't terrible. It did get me  more excited for a Justice League movie, and  a Wonder Woman movie. With so little screen time , she still left a presence. Affleck did a great job as Bruce/Batman. I didn't feel that we had to re live the murder of Bruce's parents. Everybody and their mother knows already. Bruce had a couple of dreams , that wouldn't of mattered if they got left out of the movie. Lots of talking for the first half. When the fight starts , it's on! Was great to see all 3 kicking ass together. Its funny, that the v in the title meaning vs. isn't all about fighting. Let's be honest. It was a one 10 min (epic) battle. Most of the v stands for their different views throughout the whole movie. I would like to see it one more time and see if I would enjoy it better . At first , TDKR didn't win me over . Then I saw it again. Became my fav from all Batman movies. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

Any chance Eisenberg is any good in this? Every time I see the trailers I just shake my head at how bad it looks for a casting decision.

He's doing something very specific and as an audience member, you'll either completely love it, or reject it as an annoying and self-serving performance.

The facial ticks. the smarmy self-righteousness; it's the pinnacle of a "type" of performance Eisenberg has made his name on. 

In my own opinion, his idiosyncrasy was riveting.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, batman007 said:

I didn't think it was better than Nolan's movies , but wasn't terrible. It did get me  more excited for a Justice League movie, and  a Wonder Woman movie. With so little screen time , she still left a presence. Affleck did a great job as Bruce/Batman. I didn't feel that we had to re live the murder of Bruce's parents. Everybody and their mother knows already. Bruce had a couple of dreams , that wouldn't of mattered if they got left out of the movie. Lots of talking for the first half. When the fight starts , it's on! Was great to see all 3 kicking ass together. Its funny, that the v in the title meaning vs. isn't all about fighting. Let's be honest. It was a one 10 min (epic) battle. Most of the v stands for their different views throughout the whole movie. I would like to see it one more time and see if I would enjoy it better . At first , TDKR didn't win me over . Then I saw it again. Became my fav from all Batman movies. 

If Batman likes it, it is good enough for me.

• Like 1

i'm going to see it, i really want to see it just due to the fact everyone is saying affleck did an incredible job as batman, when he was announced as batman i literally laughed, so i want to see if i have to eat crow or not.

• Like 1

Man, that was really bad imo

Pros- Ben Affleck and Jeremy Irons were good, some decent action, the scene with Bruce in the beginning in Metropolis was cool, my friends mom was an extra who got blown up in the courtroom

Cons- Fucking everything else... miserable tone, horrible writing without clear motivations and a clear story, terrible editing, Lex Luthor was awful, Louis Lane, bad score, too much cartoony special effects, Doomsday

Seriously, this was just a miserable movie. Dark and gritty can be great, but this just made me want to kill myself. The Justice League intro part and Batman nightmare scenes were especially bad. The editing and writing was shockingly bad. The whole first half was quick 20 second scenes that kept cutting away without properly setting anything up. Superman decided to hate Batman for no reason, Lex had almost no motivations or reasoning, few things were properly explained... I could go on. I hope Zakk Snyder steps down. I feel bad for him, the cast, and crew but he shouldn't have control over the DC Extended Universe

What a huge bummer 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Man, that was really bad imo

Pros- Ben Affleck and Jeremy Irons were good, some decent action, the scene with Bruce in the beginning in Metropolis was cool, my friends mom was an extra who got blown up in the courtroom

Cons- Fucking everything else... miserable tone, horrible writing without clear motivations and a clear story, terrible editing, Lex Luthor was awful, Louis Lane, bad score, too much cartoony special effects, Doomsday

Seriously, this was just a miserable movie. Dark and gritty can be great, but this just made me want to kill myself. The Justice League intro part and Batman nightmare scenes were especially bad. The editing and writing was shockingly bad. The whole first half was quick 20 second scenes that kept cutting away without properly setting anything up. Superman decided to hate Batman for no reason, Lex had almost no motivations or reasoning, few things were properly explained... I could go on. I hope Zakk Snyder steps down. I feel bad for him, the cast, and crew but he shouldn't have control over the DC Extended Universe

What a huge bummer 

From everything I've read including positive reviews this is how I'm afraid I will feel after seeing it next week.  Not suprised Lois Lane is bad as she was terrible and completely mis cast in my opinion in  Man of Steel. It's too bad someone else didn't direct this. Should've let Affleck direct it maybe. 

Then again who knows maybe I will like it. I want to but from what I've read it seems like it's gonna be one of those movies that pisses me off because the potential is there and it gets completey botched.