The USA vs. The U.K. - American Cheeseburger & Fries vs. Fish & Chips

Ace Nova

American Cheeseburger & Fries vs. Fish & Chips - Which Do You Prefer  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The difference is British food is awful for you and tastes shitty. American food is even worse for you and tastes like heaven.

I do not believe there is a single american food stuff which I would describe as 'heaven'; you might be able to climb up one of those towers of meat you all enjoy, to heaven, if you so desired - such is their height.

You don't like red meat, I'm sorry, but that is a damnable offense, and further disqualifies your from arguments pertaining to foodstuffs.

The difference is British food is awful for you and tastes shitty. American food is even worse for you and tastes like heaven.

I do not believe there is a single american food stuff which I would describe as 'heaven'; you might be able to climb up one of those towers of meat you all enjoy, to heaven, if you so desired - such is their height.

You don't like red meat, I'm sorry, but that is a damnable offense, and further disqualifies your from arguments pertaining to foodstuffs.

Correction, I like red meat but not in the gargantuan quantities consumed by the average American. I do, vastly, prefer fish and sea food though.

Listen, Americans have put man on the man, produced the atom bomb and rock n roll yet you chaps cannot produce cheese. All your cheese is fake plastic stuff from tubes (served with extra lashings of teenage cum). There is no way America can compete with Britain here.

you chaps cannot produce cheese. All your cheese is fake plastic stuff from tubes (served with extra lashings of teenage cum). There is no way America can compete with Britain here.

Again, just wrong.

also, we do seafood better

Edited by AxlisOld

There is more to life than food.

So what if UK national dishes tastes like shit sometimes? We've still got alright music.

So what if US national dishes come from Germany (Burger/Hotdog) or Italy (Pizza) or used to stigma Black people (Fried Chicken) and get you chubby with all the soda! - They've still got alright TV.

Name a cheese which can rival the genius of Stilton or Cheddar? And regarding this meat business, all your meat is saturated in slime anyhow, greasy buckets of slime!! Britain is blessed with some of the finest meat in the world, from Cumberland sausages to Aberdeen Angus steak. You do not get meat that good outside Kobe or perhaps the Argentinean pampas. Americans do not know the meaning of good food.

And regarding this meat business, all your meat is saturated in slime anyhow, greasy buckets of slime!! Britain is blessed with some of the finest meat in the world, from Cumberland sausages to Aberdeen Angus steak. You do not get meat that good outside Kobe or perhaps the Argentinean pampas. Americans do not know the meaning of good food.

Tell that to Texans. Sorry,but you do not fuck with Americans when it comes to meat, That's what we do.Aside from deep frying.

• Like 1

Name a cheese which can rival the genius of Stilton or Cheddar?..

Government Cheese :lol:

Easy Cheese

That fake artificial cheese that Jeremy Clarkson found on that episode of Top Gear where they were chased out of Alabama....

J/k but, ewl, Cheddar's cool though.

Edited by Snake-Pit

UK/US fries are not the same thing.

McDonald's tastes alot better here. US/Canadian fries come in much bigger sizes though.

The definition of what is what, is different on both sides of the ocean.

Wendy's is awful though.

Really?

Where did Canada come from?

:lol:

Poutine...

What's 'Canadian' fries doing in this thread, I wonder if Canada are snooty by nature or just want to feel included?

:lol:

Maple Syrup and Poutine's the only Canadian food I've heard of still.

I can't even say you have your own chocolate because I see big fat Cadbury's or Wonker labels on it.

I've spoken to Canadians who claim Canada invented punk music, the steam train, the television and the telephone.

It's like 'What idea shall we claim for Canada today Buddy?' :lol:

And then go on about how Canada is God's gift to us all.

And regarding this meat business, all your meat is saturated in slime anyhow, greasy buckets of slime!! Britain is blessed with some of the finest meat in the world, from Cumberland sausages to Aberdeen Angus steak. You do not get meat that good outside Kobe or perhaps the Argentinean pampas. Americans do not know the meaning of good food.

Tell that to Texans. Sorry,but you do not fuck with Americans when it comes to meat, That's what we do.Aside from deep frying.
Everything Matt says in this thread is true. Dies' you like raw fish so that kinda disqualifies you from having an opinion here.

Fish and chips done properly is heavenly but still not a patch on a proper well made burger. Also the best fish and chips I've ever eaten were in San Francisco so go figure. :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Curry is Britain's favourite dish.

It's not a national dish, but it's a thing we eat the most of/a lot of...

When in UK and you ask for a curry, what exactly do you get? Is it like a kabob? Edited by Orsys

Burger and fries, and it isn't even close. Wonder why we have the fattest people in the world? We have the best food. All of it. Even if your country made it first, we took it and made it worse for you, and therefore more delicious. Suck on that, Italy.

There is nothing, literally nothing on this earth that can make being a fat cunt cool, nothing :lol:

What the flap is a kabob?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab

Unless your point was her spelling - "kabob" is a common spelling for it in North America.

I love fish & chips (And British food in general for that matter), but burgers win if only for the variety you can get them in. Fish & chips is always the same - some might be better than others, but there is very little variety in the dish from restaurant to restaurant. Burgers on the other hand...no two burgers are the same.

Because it is not about the taking part haha, it is the winning.

In all honesty american food is vile. Endless mountains of meat dripping with grease and faux plastic cheese which has been conjured up in a laboratory. I have seen that guy on that show who challenges himself to these food challenges. He is positively sweating with the 'meat sweats'. His tits are bursting out of his shirt due to the unhealthy stodge you lot lodge down your throats on a daily basis. American food is all, meat meat meat. There is no subtlety to the cuisine, no finesse. Americans see food as a sort of, challenge: to guzzle as much meat down as possible so they, die, basically, of cardiac failure. Sweaty fatty mounds of meat with plastic cheese.

Philly Cheesesteaks.... Mmmmmmm

Now that's a sandwich, like a whole cow and it's cheese stuffed into a small loaf of bread.

For real, I'm a London guy in Philly when I go out there, so you KNOW I'm on the Cheesesteaks, thinking about them now.... Mmmmmmm

'Tis a lot o' food though.

Yes, a real Philly Cheesesteak trumps them both. When you get to Philly, I highly recommend going to Tony Luke's. And also try their Italian Roast Pork sandwich with sharp provolone & broccoli rab.

That said, the burger is just a German thing that the Americans stole and tried to pretend they invented it. Kinda like they also tried with pizza.

To this day, I have yet to see or taste anything nearly as good as a real American hamburger in Germany. The only similarities between the two is the name.

Because it is not about the taking part haha, it is the winning.

In all honesty american food is vile. Endless mountains of meat dripping with grease and faux plastic cheese which has been conjured up in a laboratory. I have seen that guy on that show who challenges himself to these food challenges. He is positively sweating with the 'meat sweats'. His tits are bursting out of his shirt due to the unhealthy stodge you lot lodge down your throats on a daily basis. American food is all, meat meat meat. There is no subtlety to the cuisine, no finesse. Americans see food as a sort of, challenge: to guzzle as much meat down as possible so they, die, basically, of cardiac failure. Sweaty fatty mounds of meat with plastic cheese.

Philly Cheesesteaks.... Mmmmmmm

Now that's a sandwich, like a whole cow and it's cheese stuffed into a small loaf of bread.

For real, I'm a London guy in Philly when I go out there, so you KNOW I'm on the Cheesesteaks, thinking about them now.... Mmmmmmm

'Tis a lot o' food though.

Yes, a real Philly Cheesesteak trumps them both. When you get to Philly, I highly recommend going to Tony Luke's. And also try their Italian Roast Pork sandwich with sharp provolone & broccoli rab.

That said, the burger is just a German thing that the Americans stole and tried to pretend they invented it. Kinda like they also tried with pizza.

To this day, I have yet to see or taste anything nearly as good as a real American hamburger in Germany. The only similarities between the two is the name.

Jim's is my favorite cheesesteak. Admittedly, I've only been to Philly a few times though, so I haven't tried everywhere under the sun.

• Like 1

Jim's is my favorite cheesesteak. Admittedly, I've only been to Philly a few times though, so I haven't tried everywhere under the sun.

On my last trip back to Philly a couple of weeks ago, I went to both Jim's and Tony Luke's. Jim's has always been good and is better than anything outside of Philadelphia, but Tony Luke's is on another level. I think one of the main reasons is that Tony Luke's uses prime rib steak - the best of the best meat, and it never tastes "dried out". It melts in your mouth.

What the flap is a kabob?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab

Unless your point was her spelling - "kabob" is a common spelling for it in North America.

Love those. I call them Doners here. But that isn't what they mean when they refer to a "curry" in UK is it?

I cook with curry often. Just finished making a pineapple chicken curry. See?

72ce9y.jpg

but I don't think that's what they mean either.