Disney Apparently Considering Rebooting Indiana Jones

Graeme

why did George Lucas sell the rights to Star Wars and Indiana Jones to Disney?

I swear if they mess up the new Star Wars, all the fans will boycott Disney and once they lose money, that's it for Mickey Mouse. He'll have to find a new place to live! lol

Seriously, this is one role you just can't recast. MAYBE do a "young" Indiana Jones sort of thing like as a prequel with a teenage, or young adult actor in the same universe. Actually... that would also suck. Just get Ford as an old man with someone who isn't Shia playing Mutt to do the heavy lifting.

Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones and Han Solo, you do NOT recast those roles. It already sucks that I will probably have to accept a young Han Solo recast for a spinoff, so I hope they leave Indy alone

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

I'm about to be crucified but I'm going to say it-

I LIKED Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. There, its out there. I thought it was fine for an Indy movie. Harrison was awesome as always, it was great to have Marion back, some of the chase sequences were fantastic, and it had a good sense of fun and adventure. Did it have problems? Absolutely. The CGI overload was stupid, the jungle swinging scene and bugs looked stupid, and Shia Le Poof wasn't great (but not nearly as bad as people say and he even had ok chemistry with Harrison). But really, it wasn't the abomination people make it out to be. The CGI is my biggest complaint. Heck, it even had a nice ending that tied the whole series up in a nice bow. Most importantly, it captured the tone and feel of an Indiana Jones movie for me. People may disagree with me, but I really think it did.

I gladly watch it whenever its on. It isn't Raiders or The Last Crusade, but its on par with Temple of Doom in my opinion and I am glad to have it

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

They gotta do something, I don't think Harrison has another one left in him.

No they don't. This is the problem with applying business ethics to artistic decisions... They could just say "Indiana Jones was great" and leave it at that, but they won't because they're greedy profiteering arseholes.

• Like 3

No they don't. This is the problem with applying business ethics to artistic decisions... They could just say "Indiana Jones was great" and leave it at that, but they won't because they're greedy profiteering arseholes.

There's no need to let the brand die, there's a new generation coming that could get behind their own version without needing to watch the 80s stuff. How many Superman have there been? from the 40s onwards there's been someone in the blue tights flying around in front of the camera or in voice overs. If Indy can transcend Harrison's era, it would be a good thing for the character. Like James Bond, I want to see what they do with it now.

I'm about to be crucified but I'm going to say it-

I LIKED Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. There, its out there. I thought it was fine for an Indy movie. Harrison was awesome as always, it was great to have Marion back, some of the chase sequences were fantastic, and it had a good sense of fun and adventure. Did it have problems? Absolutely. The CGI overload was stupid, the jungle swinging scene and bugs looked stupid, and Shia Le Poof wasn't great (but not nearly as bad as people say and he even had ok chemistry with Harrison). But really, it wasn't the abomination people make it out to be. The CGI is my biggest complaint. Heck, it even had a nice ending that tied the whole series up in a nice bow. Most importantly, it captured the tone and feel of an Indiana Jones movie for me. People may disagree with me, but I really think it did.

I gladly watch it whenever its on. It isn't Raiders or The Last Crusade, but its on par with Temple of Doom in my opinion and I am glad to have it

I liked Crystal Skull too. The Trilogy was over and done with and there was no way they could make anything close to it. But when people have complained about "realism" they seem to forget that this is Indiana fucking Jones! The movie had people's faces melting, hearts getting ripped out and living and a guy who has lived for over 700 years. Realism is out the window.

"It depends on who your God is"

• Like 1

Or you people could simply choose to not watch it?

It's just a movie. Maybe a new actor will be great and the script will be great. Who knows.

There's no need to let the brand die, there's a new generation coming that could get behind their own version without needing to watch the 80s stuff. How many Superman have there been? from the 40s onwards there's been someone in the blue tights flying around in front of the camera or in voice overs. If Indy can transcend Harrison's era, it would be a good thing for the character. Like James Bond, I want to see what they do with it now.

Exactly.