You can only have one: a new album from the classic lineup, or a reunion tour

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They have such creative differences

But exactly this is what made GNR special from day one and in the first place. The guys still got it. What they don't have anymore is each other.

I'm pretty sure the quality of a possible reunion album depends on Axl Rose and his voice. But I think in a studio he could still deliver.

Album.

But in all honesty I'd prefer neither and have the rest of the CD material instead.

Like someone said, the magic of the classic lineup is long gone - I want to hear the rest of Axl's & nuGN'R material.

And have them tour it with Robin back in the band. But that is like asking for world peace, the end of poverty and AIDS at the same time.

• Like 1

Neither.

Agreed about neither. Its just a waste of time at this point and they can't recapture the magic. Its better to leave the band than continue ruining the legacy, especially with the classic lineup. Its one thing if Axl's doing it on his own.

However, I have to say a reunion tour. I've never seen them live and even if they hate each other, even if Axl can't sing a lyric, there will always be a part of me that wants to see them up on stage together again. An album would be great if they had some quality music, but to close the book for me I really want to see them back onstage again. Even if its for one show and I'm not there, I just want to see that image of Axl and Slash on stage one more time.

• Like 1

To me, going to a gig is kinda like a one night stand. It's something fun for one night. A new album on the other hand is something that lasts. Something that will give me joy for the rest of my life. (Unless it's a bad album <_<) But yeah, I voted for a new album.

Exactly

A tour? You might go to one or two shows.

An album? U will listen to that for life.

Why in the world would anybody choose a three hour show one night over a lifetime of music?

Twat is worth more than everything the 80s/90s alumni have done either together or on their own all put together.

You're obviously drunk as fuck, so I'll forgive it. :lol:

Twat is worth more than everything the 80s/90s alumni have done either together or on their own all put together.

If I could kick you in your acorns right now, I would.

Just to be clear: I didn't mean better than all old Guns, I mean what the alumni have done as alumni.

• Like 1

To me, going to a gig is kinda like a one night stand. It's something fun for one night. A new album on the other hand is something that lasts. Something that will give me joy for the rest of my life. (Unless it's a bad album <_<) But yeah, I voted for a new album.

Exactly

Why in the world would anybody choose a three hour show one night over a lifetime of music?

Before 2011, I'd be torn, since I'd have loved to see a pre-2011 Axl singing with Slash. Since then, though, I'd easily choose an album.

Was thinking, if I had the choice between buying a new Springsteen or Prince album or going to a show of theirs, I'd always choose the concert. I like their music enough as a casual fan but their gigs are unbelievable experiences (even went to 2 full-length Prince shows in one night, do not regret it at all).

I think a lot of casual GNR fans would go for the tour, they'd just want to hear the hits.

New music from any band trumps a tour of the same band. Would I want a new album featuring Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Axl or a tour where they play the greatest hits? The answer is fucking obvious.

Also anyone who picked reunion tour over a reunion album and has ever said they don't care about a reunion or that those who do are just living in the past are damn hypocrits. Nothing is living in the past more than wanting a tour when you could have a full album of new material to take with you for the rest of your life.

Guns N' Roses is by far my favorite band of all time, but I couldn't care less about a new album. A reunion tour with the classic lineup would be pretty fucking cool, I'd actually shell out cash to see them play the classics live, assuming Axl could actually pull it off.

A new album though? Whats the point of that? If they managed to keep it together through the 90's and 00's that'd probably be a different story, but this band reached it's conclusion 2 decades ago. At this point, to see them play the songs they wrote when there was still inspired creative fuel in the tank would be fantastic. A reunion + new album would seem forced to me. There's no way it could possibly exceed anything they've done already. Just do a round of shows for the fans and hang it up.

You ask what's the point of a new album from the classic lineup? Yet you vote for a pointless nostalgia tour? I don't get some of you people's logic

Well I was 6 years old when the classic lineup broke up, I never got to see Guns N' Roses. If I had to choose between the two, it would mean a hell of a lot more to me to see them play my favorite songs live than if they recorded an ill inspired forgettable reunion album like that embarrassing piece of shit Van Halen put out a few years ago.

I've been at piece with Guns N' Roses having reached their conclusion as far as musical output for a while, I honestly don't care to hear new music from them because I feel like they've more than made their mark in the few records they put out. If they did reunite and record an album of course I'd buy it, but I'm certainly not holding out for one. In the context of this pointless hypothetical thread I'd much rather see them play the songs I love live more than anything else, that would be a whole lot more memorable to me.

Exactly

True but there are albums that are so bad they are listened to only the once.

Between these two choices?: neihter.

I'd like a new album. With new material, ajusted to Axl's current vocal abilities. Forget the high notes.

After putting out a new album I'd love a European tour. But let them stop performing some of the old material that Axl can't master anymore.

Sadly, I think either way the fans are screwed on both options.

I would love an album but let's face it, there's no way you're getting them all in the studio together. You might get Izzy, Duff and Axl in a studio. You may get Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler (or Matt Sorum) together. But there's no way in hell you get Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven in the studio again. Ever.

So, my preference would be a dinosaurs of rock reunion tour at this point but there's always the chance that Izzy isn't willing to do a big tour because... he's Izzy. A tour seems likely if they copycat the Rolling Stones (Show, Play, Leave in separate Limos) touring style from 1997 to 2005 (2 tours no studio albums).

So in the end just like all the original members of GN'R I commit to nothing.

God. Damn. it. :anger:

Edited by SWIFTSLICK

It would be cool to have both. Release CD II and have the 02 lineup reunite to tour it. Or rerelease CD with the proper booklet and artwork- perhaps include the remix record as a bonus and tour the album as it was originally suppose to be. Out of all options I'd prefer the latter above all else.

Edited by Mr. Dude