Have Axl and Slash actually reconciled?

They sell out 20k venues in South America. Around 10000 people attending at every concert in Poland speaks for itself. Same situation in Belarus, Czech Republic, Russia... Everything depends on the size of the venue, they tend to sell out even if it's big.  

4 hours ago, Apollo said:

That is a pretty strong statement about why this is all about the last final big payday. 

If Axl really cared he would be rehearsing and in the studio with the band. Getting ready for the tour and 2016 full album. 

How do you know that Axl doesn't care and that he isn't rehearsing with the band?

:rolleyes:

I don't necessarily doubt the that's the information Kaneda could have received but at the same time, I doubt it's accurate.

Like others have said, even if they weren't getting along, I doubt any PR person would come out and say that....especially to a potential sponsor.

IMO, they probably just blew the sponsor off and don't really want to have contact with the media.  Doesn't mean anything, either way.  Could just be a nice way of them saying,  "f off"....lol.

Edited by Kasanova King

1 hour ago, GNR-girl said:

How do you know that Axl doesn't care and that he isn't rehearsing with the band?

:rolleyes:

There have been reports that he hasn't. 

Past Axl history is that he doesn't rehearse with his band. 

How do you know that he cares and is rehearsing with the band? I won't add an eye rolling graphic and will just wait for your answer. 

59 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

They played Wembley arena and 02 Ireland in 2014.

Those arenas seat between 10-12,000 people whereas MSG and the O2 in London seat about 20,000. The biggest artists play stadiums or multiple nights at the largest arenas such as MSG/02 London...Michael Jackson was supposed to play 50 shows at the 02 arena. 

9 minutes ago, Apollo said:

There have been reports that he hasn't. 

Past Axl history is that he doesn't rehearse with his band. 

How do you know that he cares and is rehearsing with the band? I won't add an eye rolling graphic and will just wait for your answer. 

I didn't say that he is, because I don't know, just like you don't know that he isn't.

And just because he didn't rehearse with the band in the past doesn't mean that he never will and that he didn't do it now...

Does it really matter who played which Stadiums or Arena's? Will it make them a different person or less of a musician if they play small venues? You think Axl would be able to sell out big arena's if he dint have the GNR name?

The main thing is that this "reunion" is happening cause things are cool between Axl and Slash, Money is just a part of it, but if it was the main factor, it would have happened in 2006.

Duff meeting Axl, all of them signing off each other's projects, so if things were not cool then Axl would have hired another weird guitarist. 

I really don't know what happened behind the scenes, but yeah it seems like a cash grab too, I hope Izzy and Steven are involved. It would be so weird that Slash and Duff agreed to have Frank and not Matt. I guess some people say Cash Grab cause Fortus and Frank would be cheaper than Izzy, Steven and Matt. And well those VIP tickets without a Meet & Greet for $2500 are also insane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Does it really matter who played which Stadiums or Arena's? Will it make them a different person or less of a musician if they play small venues? You think Axl would be able to sell out big arena's if he dint have the GNR name?

The main thing is that this "reunion" is happening cause things are cool between Axl and Slash, Money is just a part of it, but if it was the main factor, it would have happened in 2006.

Duff meeting Axl, all of them signing off each other's projects, so if things were not cool then Axl would have hired another weird guitarist. 

I really don't know what happened behind the scenes, but yeah it seems like a cash grab too, I hope Izzy and Steven are involved. It would be so weird that Slash and Duff agreed to have Frank and not Matt. I guess some people say Cash Grab cause Fortus and Frank would be cheaper than Izzy, Steven and Matt. And well those VIP tickets without a Meet & Greet for $2500 are also insane. 

Good post

3 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

They sell out 20k venues in South America. Around 10000 people attending at every concert in Poland speaks for itself. Same situation in Belarus, Czech Republic, Russia... Everything depends on the size of the venue, they tend to sell out even if it's big.  

Do they really? Serious question. Not doubting you......but I just looked up three random shows from 2015. One in Poland, one I. Australia and one in the USA. None were sell outs. And attendance was 2000 of a 5000 seater, 4700 and 6700.  That's an average of about 4500 per show - a far cry from selling out 20,000 seaters. 

There were ~8000 ppl in Lodz, 13000 in Krakow 2014 and 9000 in Katowice 2012. I know it straight from the Metal Mind Productions (not through mailing, know key people personally), agency that brought Slash to Poland. If you're looking for sold out gigs you have to check the ones from 2012 and 2013 during Apocalyptic Love Tour :) 

35 minutes ago, madison said:

Thanks for the update Kaneda.

For those who doubt or question Kaneda - you clearly weren't on the forum for the past 15 years. He doesn't make up stories, he doesn't adopt multiple screennames/personalities, he doesn't mislead members and he doesn't pretend to be a fake insider.  Kaneda's sources are credible. I knew Kaneda's sources in the past - and I know who they are in this case too.

Not sure why anyone is really surprised by this latest info.

It's been pretty clear that the reunion has been on rocky footing from day one. The biggest red flag was Axl's decision to cancel his appearance on the Kimmel show. I mean, this was his big moment - and it had been heavily promoted for weeks before he pulled out at the 11th hour.   Any subsequent claim that Axl's appearance had not been confirmed or that Axl didn't know about it - is complete nonsense. Even Kimmel himself was bewildered by the no-show and had to scramble around to find a replacement at the last minute.

The first shows are now less than a month away - and there's still no confirmation on who's in and who's out. No publicity. No promotion. Zilch. Even Izzy is posting on twitter asking what the heck is going on. Anyone who thinks all of the disorganization and chaos surrounding this so-called reunion is "normal" or just "rock n roll" or is somehow part of some elaborate strategic plan, where GNR is just letting the reunion "happen organically," is living in a dream world. Clearly, things have not been worked out - personally or professionally.

I've always said that I thought a real management team needed to be brought in for this reunion to succeed - and I'm guessing Slash and Duff would agree. Honestly, I can't imagine Slash and Duff agreeing to allow a former housekeeper and her family to manage the band's reunion. And since TB still seems to be running the show, it raises questions.

And the closer we get to the first dates, the less certain it all seems to become.

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong - and that all five original members resolve their differences and show up in Vegas, ready to play the outstanding shows we've all waited decades to see. Guess time will tell.

Some random fans from Idaho and Utah didn't believe Downliner about Izzy and naturally will think they know more than Kanada as well. 

Gnr has the only fanbase that think they know more behind the scenes info about the band than real insiders and people who have actual connections with GnR. It's pretty funny to watch. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madison said:
3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Some random fans from Idaho and Utah didn't believe Downliner about Izzy and naturally will think they know more than Kanada as well. 

Gnr has the only fanbase that think they know more behind the scenes info about the band than real insiders and people who have actual connections with GnR. It's pretty funny to watch. 

For those who doubt or question Kaneda - you clearly weren't on the forum for the past 15 years. He doesn't make up stories, he doesn't adopt multiple screennames/personalities, he doesn't mislead members and he doesn't pretend to be a fake insider.  Kaneda's sources are credible. I knew Kaneda's sources in the past - and I know who they are in this case too.

It's been pretty clear that the reunion has been on rocky footing from day one. The biggest red flag was Axl's decision to cancel his appearance on the Kimmel show. I mean, this was his big moment - and it had been heavily promoted for weeks before he pulled out at the 11th hour.   Any subsequent claim that Axl's appearance had not been confirmed or that Axl didn't know about it - is complete nonsense. Even Kimmel himself was bewildered by the no-show and had to scramble around to find a replacement at the last minute.

The first shows are now less than a month away - and there's still no confirmation on who's in and who's out. No publicity. No promotion. Zilch. Even Izzy is posting on twitter asking what the heck is going on. Anyone who thinks all of the disorganization and chaos surrounding this so-called reunion is "normal" or just "rock n roll" or is somehow part of some elaborate strategic plan, where GNR is just letting the reunion "happen organically," is living in a dream world. Clearly, things have not been worked out - personally or professionally.

I've always said that I thought a real management team needed to be brought in for this reunion to succeed - and I'm guessing Slash and Duff would agree. Honestly, I can't imagine Slash and Duff agreeing to allow a former housekeeper and her family to manage the band's reunion. And since TB still seems to be running the show, it raises questions.

And the closer we get to the first dates, the less certain it all seems to become.

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong - and that all five original members resolve their differences and show up in Vegas, ready to play the outstanding shows we've all waited decades to see. Guess time will tell.

Like I said, I don't doubt that's the information Kaneda received...I'm just not convinced it's accurate.  I'm sure we'll find out come April 8th....because if they're really not getting along, I think it will be somewhat apparent in their onstage interaction.

1 hour ago, madison said:

All good points.

And one of the main reasons i have doubts that there will be much more of the "reunion" past what is already advertised, and a couple of Europe festivals potentially. It's also one of the reasons I have doubts that the shows will be particularly good, as what you described (which I'm leaning towards myself when i think about it) is a massive distraction imo.

Someone said on this thread or another, a good point, that we'll know come the first show or two how relationships are via on stage interaction.

THe logics of 'new guns' morphing into reunion guns, is huge, from contracts with existing and ex-members, management of all three involved in the reunion. if there is any recording of existing CD era stuff (whcih i doubt) the inevitable legalities of this with writing credits etc.

I'd like to think they've resolved differences and are doing this for themselves and fans in a positive way. Personally, I feel Axl might spend slight above his means, and needs to continue touring to sustain his lifestyle & entourage etc. THat sbased on no facts, just my own assumption. It will be a good earn these few shows.

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

There were ~8000 ppl in Lodz, 13000 in Krakow 2014 and 9000 in Katowice 2012. I know it straight from the Metal Mind Productions (not through mailing, know key people personally), agency that brought Slash to Poland. If you're looking for sold out gigs you have to check the ones from 2012 and 2013 during Apocalyptic Love Tour :) 

That proves the point I was trying to make. Slash's touring numbers have been falling - from selling out shows to some shows only doing 2000. 

Loaded would sell 200 tickets a show on a world tour. 

And what would another leg of the CD tour do with two new guitar players replacing DJ and Bumble?

5-7 years ago all these guys were doing great and making bank. None of them would make bank in 2016 without a reunion tour. 

$18 million for six shows? How many shows would it take for Slash and Myles to make that in 2016? For Duff and one of his side bands? A revamped GnR with Richie Kotzen and Vinny Vincent on guitar!

Duff is going from making a grand a show to 500,000 a show. Slash is probably in the ten grand range - now 500,000. And Axl probably pulled in 5-6 million dollars to play six concerts. 

(Thanks for providing the numbers.  Did you happen to see what kind of numbers the last Slash tour did in 2015?)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, niceguy said:

Haven't followed GNR in a couple weeks. But, looking at this with fresh eyes, it's pretty clear it's a cash grab. Meaning, money is the primary motivator behind their reunion. 

Nothing wrong with that. Just saying. 

It all points out to that,

We will only know in about a year from now, if they're really together for the music, i'm 101% sure they'll release nee music, they'll be more creative than they've ever been since the breakup, and will probably be motivated working on new music, AND release it...

But if it's just touring in the venues that pay the bucks (as it's happening now), then yeah, we can all accept is just for the benjamins.

Quite ironic isn't it? Axl and his legion oobsessive fans defending his "integrity". And lately is just all seems that he's fallen in his own words.

Not saying this is a cash grab reunion, but can you honestly say otherwise at this moment?

16 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Horseshit. Pure horseshit. If it was all about the money it would have been done 10 years ago. They guys have clearly reconciled, not best buddies, nor were they ever. And until disproven, that's the facts.

That's why I started my post with "I think".... I sincerely hope the guys in Guns are doing this more for their own well-being and to rekindle old friendships :) What you posted isn't a fact though, it's just your own speculation as was my original post :thumbsup:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Apollo said:

What kind of reaction do you expect when people see some radom member like Kaneda? He is someone who is not a regular poster here. A lot of people never heard of him before or have heard very little about him. Maybe what Kaneda says is 100% true but maybe not. After all he is not there with Axl everyday. So what it is true today may not necessarely be true  in 3 months. I don't blame him nor the fans who are skeptical. In case you haven't noticed we are dealing with lots of rumors everyday. Unfortunately at this stage Kaneda is just another sort of insider adding more fuel to fire. Again I'm not blaming him. It is not his fault that GN'R operates in the lamest possible way. All we hear from management is an idiotic comment like "If you knew what I know". When instead management could be at least denying or clarifying some of the rumors. For example if there is not warm up show in L.A. nor elsewhere then I think it's management duty to deny.

• Like 1