Richard a bit overbearing?

12 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I am loving every minute of this tour so far. I don't mind at all that izzy and Steven are not involved. The setlist is awesome.  

The only that irritates me a bit is Richard.

I think his stage presence / moves are really overbearing and a bit cheesy... The big powerful guitar strikes and holding his guitar high above his head. Spinning in circles.. it looks a bit lame and unGuns n Roses to me. He also seems to showboat quite a bit when Slash is soloing.

I don't think that him and Slash have great chemistry together. 

I think Slash plays better with a more chilled out rhythm player beside him. 

What do yous think?

I love the moves and his energy actually.  Just need to turn him down in the mix, at times he is over-bearing in the sound mix, in my opinion.

love his energy, great player...level him off in the mix and its the next best thing to having Izzy there imo.

If you have a problem with how Slash is playing, blame it on the tempo of the songs, not his rhythm guitarist.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 4

i was at the show yesterday, and just like i said on my review ,  I AGREE 100%. I love Richard and i think he was a great fit for some past versions of the band, but when he's doing those spins right next to slash and duff who are just feeling the song it comes across very motley crew-esque and really distracting. This was so noticeable during Nightrain, couldnt stand it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john lennon said:

Then again, who gives a shit really? Let the dude act out whatever rock star dreams he has and enjoy the music. 

Or something like that.

ya, it dont really matter.  and at least he's a cool guy.  but people dont really care.  he does dress well.

56 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I am loving every minute of this tour so far. I don't mind at all that izzy and Steven are not involved. The setlist is awesome.  

The only that irritates me a bit is Richard.

I think his stage presence / moves are really overbearing and a bit cheesy... The big powerful guitar strikes and holding his guitar high above his head. Spinning in circles.. it looks a bit lame and unGuns n Roses to me. He also seems to showboat quite a bit when Slash is soloing.

I don't think that him and Slash have great chemistry together. 

I think Slash plays better with a more chilled out rhythm player beside him. 

What do yous think?

192280-comic_book_guy_13018.jpg

• Like 1

Richard is without a doubt the next best thing to Izzy and maybe an even better choice at this point in time.  He's an undeniably amazing musician.  He plays with a ton of emotional energy and I myself think he has a really cool stage presence.  He's put in the time and effort to earn his place in GN'R and totally deserves to be a part of all this.

Edited by Jeramy213
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

Izzy will always be the perfect match for Slash. His vibe is more chill and he's more effortless than Richard.

That's probably part of the issue for Axl, he always wanted someone who could put more energy into the shows. Weren't they talking about cutting his pay on the UYI tour for not moving around enough?

I like everything he does on stage. Those furious movements kinda Pete Townshend...

I also think slash and Fortus have chemistry. Every musician has their own way to live the song I don't think because of the way Fortus moves on stage irritates slash or duff.

• Like 1

I like his energy onstage. I dont agree with turning him down in the mix, then you have a very empty sounding mix, much like how the UYI shows sounded. It sounded like Slash was the only guitar player, while Izzy was there doing nothing

• Like 1