Show Openers Other Than It's So Easy

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree. The new intro is cool but apparently it's been getting a not so great reaction from audiences? I dunno how true that is but I like it.

Only thing I could think of is maybe the intro is too long to get to the main part of the song? (about a minute and a half, vs 30ish seconds), or maybe that the new intro builds up too much (like Chinese Democracy on the album with the talking ambience + guitar intro for a minute and a half, that it can't live up to a reasonable expectation if you dont know the song. Also i think that with Franks new style of playing the part after the 1st solo (before "i never wanted..."), you can't hear the badass riff (a highlight of the song) because it is muddled with too much kick drum. (With stadium acoustics, i think that any bass frequency (like a kick drum) would sound too boomy, like a cheap ported subwoofer

Edited by Mendez

Pretty Tied Up is perfect for a show opener.  It builds up nicely and then Duff's bass bit kicks in, little bit of piano and it's about 45 seconds before the lyrics kick in.  I'm fairly sure this would send the crowd mental. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree. The new intro is cool but apparently it's been getting a not so great reaction from audiences? I dunno how true that is but I like it.

Out of all the CD songs Better gets the flattest reaction from What I noticed.. It sounds the least like Guns N Roses of all the ones they play. 

13 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

Nightrain

This or My Michelle, love the intro.

11 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

With that being said, It's So Easy is a fantastic opener in its own right And I personally Like it to stay as an opener. That opening bassline by Duff signals you're about to have all senses assaulted by Guns N Fucking Roses!!

Hell yesrock3

I know many that really like Easy. Its good, although its not nearly my favorite. Its like beating a dead horse but I really do think Jungle is just the best opener. Not always, and not for the life of this band, but for this specific tour it would just fucking murder. The whole point is Slash and Axl and Duff being back and nothing signifies that like the lights going out and Slash starting Jungle. I get goosebumps just typing it. I do think its a tad of a misstep, but I've also maintained I just think if it doesn't open the song loses a bit of power. Its always amazing, but it works best coming out of darkness (so opening the show or the encore). And to me, the other clear opener would be Nightrain. Easy is fine, and its grown on me more as the tour goes on, but I do think not opening with Jungle and Nightrain is disappointing. They just work so well.

2 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I know many that really like Easy. Its good, although its not nearly my favorite. Its like beating a dead horse but I really do think Jungle is just the best opener. Not always, and not for the life of this band, but for this specific tour it would just fucking murder. The whole point is Slash and Axl and Duff being back and nothing signifies that like the lights going out and Slash starting Jungle. I get goosebumps just typing it. I do think its a tad of a misstep, but I've also maintained I just think if it doesn't open the song loses a bit of power. Its always amazing, but it works best coming out of darkness (so opening the show or the encore). And to me, the other clear opener would be Nightrain. Easy is fine, and its grown on me more as the tour goes on, but I do think not opening with Jungle and Nightrain is disappointing. They just work so well.

This!

• Like 1

ISE is great intro song. Opens up with great bass and builds up nicely. It's also great warm up for them, especially for Axl's voice, a simple but powerfull punk rock song. 

OTGM, PC, RNDTH, YCBM, Nightrain, all would be good choice, not sure  how Axl's voice would handle it. WTTJ is a big hit, I love seeing it later in the show, althought they gave opened some great shows with jungle.

But...

PTU would be my choice. I love that song , would be great to see them open the show with that song.

Just look at this. Goosebumps.

Edited by MisterNo