Riad N' The Bedouins

Shackler's Revenge

Prostitute

I.R.S.

Street Of Dreams

If The World

Catcher In The Rye

Sorry

That was very hard because I really like all of them. Usually I don't wanna rank good songs.

Tracks 1-7 are amongst the best songs recorded under the GN'R name IMO, tracks 8-12 I really like but I feel my life would have benefited without hearing the bottom two. However, Scraped was half decent live. 

1. Better

2. The Blues

3. Prostitute

4. Catcher In The Rye (If it were in the same style as the demo, it would be top.)

5. There Was A Time

6. IRS

7. Madagascar

8. This I Love

9. Sorry

10. Chinese Democracy

11. Shacklers Revenge

12.  If The World

13. Riad N' The Bedouins

14. Scraped

1) There Was A Time

2) Better

3) Prostitute

4) Catcher In The Rye

5) Sorry

6) Chinese Democracy

7) Shacklers Revenge

8) Scraped

9) Madagascar

10) Street Of Dreams

11) This I Love (This would be higher if it sounded like it does live)

12) I.R.S.

13) If The World

14) Riad N' The Bedouins

Edited by F*ck Fear

5 hours ago, MisterNo said:

2much h8 for cd...

Yes, the album is overproduced, published too late, but it is also underrated. It's not AFD, it's not UYI, but it's not shit either.

It's not hate. How can I hate a product? How can I have negative feelings towards art? Something I can't even touch. It's an OPINION. I decided to keep it short because this has been done too many times before. Now please, stop being so sensitive.

This is how I see the album,

1. The Blues

2. I.R.S

3. There Was A Time

4. Madagascar

5. Better

6. Riad (yes, strange but I don't mind it for some odd reason)

all have merits. Some of them have good-great solos, riffs and ideas - I'd actually argue that 'The Blues' would have slotted nicely in on Illusion 2 - but the production messes them up. You can take that order as given for your poll if you want but it is very loose as you are basically dealing with a set of songs which all have merits, most have flaws, and all have superior versions to their album versions elsewhere (e.g. House of Blues' 'The Blues' and 'Riad' and Rio 3's 'Madagascar not to mention the demos).

The rest are songs I simply do not care for I'm afraid; the last three are absolute turds,

7. Catcher In The Rye

8. Prostitute 

9. Sorry

10. This I Love

11. If The World

12. Scraped

13. Shackler's Revenge

14. Chinese Democracy

I never listen to the album now. I found myself likening it less and less every time I hear it, and to be honest it just depresses me.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed this album I thought it was good I think shacklers revenge, sorry, better and this I love is my favorites but I liked everything on it. It's sad tho cause I know alot of slash fans "not saying I'm not a slash fan"  that never gave it a chance and said yeah it don't have slash or its not the original line up so it sucks and they wouldn't even really check the album out. Kinda like tonight watching the periscope I had at the time they played sorry I see this chick sit down as soon as they start into it and I'm thinking wtf..as far as slash goes tho I liked some vr stuff but I just freaking hate his shit with myles it's awful I just can't stand his voice and when they cover gnr songs I'd rather hear Axls mickey voice or nails on a chalkboard over that dude both would top it..but that's just me

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maynard said:

It's not hate. How can I hate a product? How can I have negative feelings towards art? Something I can't even touch. It's an OPINION. I decided to keep it short because this has been done too many times before. Now please, stop being so sensitive.

You can hate (or love) pretty much anything.

I'm gonna keep it short too - people coming here to this thread not ranking the songs, just saying all songs suck just the same, people saying they didn't even listen to all of them... That's not an opinion, you can't have opinion about the song you didn't even heard. And if you have listened to all of them and don't like them, I'm sure you can rank them.

Edited by MisterNo

1.) There Was a Time

2.) Madagascar

3.) Prostitute

4.) Catcher In The Rye

5.) Better

6.) This I Love

7.) Chinese Democracy (Never understood the hate for this one)

8.) Street of Dreams

9.) I.R.S.

10.) Sorry

11.) Shackler's Revenge (Never was a fan of the guitar solo)

12.) If The World

13.) Scraped

14.) Riad n' The Bedouins

Absoloutely love Chinese Democracy. One of the most fascinating pieces of music history in my opinion, nothing exists like it. Definitely not Guns n' Roses except in name, but still a legendary, grand, genius album which only Axl could've thought of.

• Like 2

again, this thread should be killed 

the entire album is terrible and is a minuscule fraction of what axl and the rest of the original GNR crew would've produced had they stayed together 

madagscar live in RIO was impressive and props to Axl for believing in himself but the album has 0 guns in it 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

I do not think it is a complete turd though. At the very minimum there are some decent solos and one or two decent ideas and a couple of 'Axley' ballads (if that's your thing?) to keep you entertained. While it is a 2/5 album for me, I've certainly heard worse. Metallica's St Anger for instance, a seventy-five minute recording of excruciatingly painful bowel movements, makes Chinese Democracy sound like Blonde On Blonde.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The rest are songs I simply do not care for I'm afraid; the last three are absolute turds,

7. Catcher In The Rye

8. Prostitute 

9. Sorry

10. This I Love

11. If The World

12. Scraped

13. Shackler's Revenge

14. Chinese Democracy

A plague on all your houses!!!

• Like 2