"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why must you Americans insist on watching remade shit? The Japanese original is the Ring to watch. Superb film which launched a revival in Japanese horror.

I liked The Grudge better than Ju-On. The bigger budget added to the creepyness.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:23 AM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Big Trouble in Little China 1983 Kurt Russell Kim Cattrall  pretty decent. love love love Kurt Russell, what a mega hottie! and of course the green eyed thing was cool for me ;)

but i HATED the ending. wtf?? big letdown. 7/10 and that's mostly for Kurt :D

One of my all time john Carpenter movies. Love Kurt Russell doing his best John Wayne impersation

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moreblack said:

I liked The Grudge better than Ju-On. The bigger budget added to the creepyness.

I watched Ringu and honestly didn't think it was as scary as the US version of The Ring.

Also saw JuOn. I love reading the subtitles to foreign movies while hearing them speak in their native tongue

I've seen a lot of Asian horror movies, can't remember their names, but they were all very good. One was about a school where some of the students committed suicide and it turned out that the girl you thought was good was the mean one.

Since I had seen The ring recently and then Ring 2, I wanted to see what Rings was all about. Nothing new except maybe the faces of the victims were gross, but Samara is still a mystery.

11 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Lifetime movies often have forgettable names :)

watched a Hallmark movie, Wedding Bells. Danica Mckeller Kavan Smith. pretty forgettable though i like Danica, she is in one of my fave Christmas movies, Love At The Christmas table.

Yeah, it was something with a river not sure. Anyway, it ended with a mystery still unsolved. I hate that.

I watched another one yesterday about a Neighbor. lol

51 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I watched Ringu and honestly didn't think it was as scary as the US version of The Ring.

Also saw JuOn. I love reading the subtitles to foreign movies while hearing them speak in their native tongue

I've seen a lot of Asian horror movies, can't remember their names, but they were all very good. One was about a school where some of the students committed suicide and it turned out that the girl you thought was good was the mean one.

Since I had seen The ring recently and then Ring 2, I wanted to see what Rings was all about. Nothing new except maybe the faces of the victims were gross, but Samara is still a mystery.

Yeah, it was something with a river not sure. Anyway, it ended with a mystery still unsolved. I hate that.

I watched another one yesterday about a Neighbor. lol

the ubiquitous neighbor! :P

55 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

One of my all time john Carpenter movies. Love Kurt Russell doing his best John Wayne impersation

yeah Kurt Russell was great! 

ever see The Fog? the original, not that horrid remake. great John Caroenter flick and the music...HIS music lol!

i have been to many places they filmed that in all, Bodega Bay, Tomales Bay, Point Arena. even met the bartender that they briefly show in the movie. he was telling these jokes straight out of Playboy while we waited for our table but he talked so much we only got one cocktail before we were seated! 

14 hours ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

I started watching David Lynch's catalogue. Loved Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway. Don't know what to think about Eraserhead, it's not good and not bad... just... weird.

What about that on about a tractor? The Straig

Inland Empire was the I mean ju

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wasted said:

What about that on about a tractor? The Straig

Inland Empire was the I mean ju

I'm going to watch Inland Empire this weekend, since I'm too busy with school now unfortunately. The Straight Story is on my list as well and I will probably watch that one after I finished Inland.

11 hours ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

I'm going to watch Inland Empire this weekend, since I'm too busy with school now unfortunately. The Straight Story is on my list as well and I will probably watch that one after I finished Inland.

There's also Fire Walk With Me that Twin Peaks movie?

and a big one was Wild at Heart. 

Straight Story leave til last I guess. 

Inland is just dark, kind of like Lost highway and Mulholland without the popcorn. 

I think he also did Elephant Man and Dune. Which to don't have those Lynch Twin peaks type characters. I sort of file them with Eraserhead. It's the Wild at Heart style that I enjoyed. The mix. Inland was almost too dark and serious, but maybe I'm ready to go back to his early stuff. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 3:14 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Are you thinking of Suicide Club?

1 hour ago, wasted said:

There's also Fire Walk With Me that Twin Peaks movie?

and a big one was Wild at Heart. 

Straight Story leave til last I guess. 

Inland is just dark, kind of like Lost highway and Mulholland without the popcorn. 

I think he also did Elephant Man and Dune. Which to don't have those Lynch Twin peaks type characters. I sort of file them with Eraserhead. It's the Wild at Heart style that I enjoyed. The mix. Inland was almost too dark and serious, but maybe I'm ready to go back to his early stuff. 

Inland Empire was just one rabbit hole leading into another rabbit hole. Plus there are actually rabbits in it LOL. I also think Eraserhead is just like Inland Empire, just way way longer. Fun fact: Some of Inland Empire was originally shot as a series of experimental videos for Lynch's website and that there was no script already set in place.

Blue Velvet and Wild At Heart are great films. There might have been instances of surrealism but they are very linear.

The Straight Story is very powerful.

Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are both awesome but Lost Highway feels dated but only because of the soundtrack. Both movies are pretty much about the loss of idenity and what people do to convince themselves that they are victims.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me goes without saying but if you're trying to get into the TV series then don't watch the film version first because it is completely spoilery.

Yes he did The Elephant Man and Dune. Elephant Man is a complete period piece.

Dune? I never did feel that one.

If you really want to sink your teeth into Lynch, check out his short films like The Alphatbet and The Grandmother. And if you can stomach it then watch DumbLand. It is like bad Flash animation but the humor is really friggin odd and absurd.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Inland Empire was just one rabbit hole leading into another rabbit hole. Plus there are actually rabbits in it LOL. I also think Eraserhead is just like Inland Empire, just way way longer. Fun fact: Some of Inland Empire was originally shot as a series of experimental videos for Lynch's website and that there was no script already set in place.

Blue Velvet and Wild At Heart are great films. There might have been instances of surrealism but they are very linear.

Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are both awesome but Lost Highway feels dated but only because of the soundtrack. Both movies are pretty much about the loss of idenity and what people do to convince themselves that they are victims.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me goes without saying but if you're trying to get into the TV series then don't watch the film version first because it is completely spoilery.

If you really want to sink your teeth into Lynch, check out his short films like The Alphatbet and The Grandmother. And if you can stomach it then watch DumbLand. It is like bad Flash animation but the humor is really friggin odd and absurd.

I felt that was some parallels between Inland and Mulholland. It's almost like the starlet later in life. 

I remember watch Fire and hoping for some answer but I still didn't get it. I read Laura's Palmers Diary too. Maybe I just didn't care about who did it. There were so many red herings and weird scenes. 

Lost Highway was really zeitjest. It felt like he was hanging out with Trent and MM. Suddenly he was too cool. 

I read that he's into atmosphere and that's his big illusion. Creating vibe can paper over the plot gaps or lack of narrative cohesion, he's going for the overall affect it has. 

I got Crazy Clown Time. That's not a bad record. There's another one but I'm not a Lynch fanatic. Him and QT did really bring european art film right into Hollywood, this weird mixture of Americana and arty stuff. Woody and Coppola probably did it before more subtly but Lynch and QT just assassinating the American Dream. It's weird to I just accepted that like sure everything's ruined. 

11 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Poppy may be a Princess With a Gun but i am Queen with a .45 and a pistol and a rifle :P

heard Suicide Squad was pretty lame *shrugs*

7 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Poppy may be a Princess With a Gun but i am Queen with a .45 and a pistol and a rifle :P

heard Suicide Squad was pretty lame *shrugs*

Poppy doesn't need all of that arsenal :lol:

And I know I'll probably get lambasted for this comment but of course Suicide Squad is lame. It's a comic book movie aimed at 14 year old boys and man-children for Pete's sake. I think comic books and comic adaptations are shit, whether they are animated or live-action.

@dontdamnmeuyi2015 is this the movie you were talking about you couldn't think of the name?

Suicide Club

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

She is a queen now as evident by this video. :)

ha! that twisted wire clothes hanger is NOT a crown.

of course she is probably princess of a small insignificant country! IF she visits my country, my fantastic great, signficant country, she better know how to drop a dang curtsy :D

watched The Grey. very very very very sad...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ha! that twisted wire clothes hanger is NOT a crown.

of course she is probably princess of a small insignificant country! IF she visits my country, my fantastic great, signficant country, she better know how to drop a dang curtsy :D

She does not need a country, she is the queen of the internet :P

Oh and here is your curtsy :lol:

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Jackie Brown gets overlooked. I put it right there behind Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.

It's my favourite film from Quentin Tarantino. Followed by Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs. Pam Grier and Samuel l. Jackson (Die Hard 3 is another great film with him) are two of my favourite actors.