The whining thread

john lennon

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Imagine if when we die, like it all goes black, then we blink a lot as we shuffle out of a dark movie theater "Well, that was pretty shit." :lol:

I wonder if our souls/nervous systems are like ghosts, a sort of life energy and each life/existence of each being is just a state of impermanence.

Sounds like what they will teach in schools after the first nuke war. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Imagine if when we die, like it all goes black, then we blink a lot as we shuffle out of a dark movie theater "Well, that was pretty shit." :lol:

I wonder if our souls/nervous systems are like ghosts, a sort of life energy and each life/existence of each being is just a state of impermanence.

I like that idea very much.  But I'm pretty sure we're just worm food.  There's a profundity in that too I suppose, part of a cycle, stuck in the ground, enrich the soil, feed the oncoming generations, we're comin' back as a bowl of cornflakes.

I hate when I'm on my iPad browsing the topics in the forum and I 'jab' the topic only to be taken to someone's profile, I don't wanna see someone's profile ? I'm just not very good at 'jabbing' accurately. sorry to anyone who thinks I'm stalking them.I ain't. I'm just clumsy :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I hate when I'm on my iPad browsing the topics in the forum and I 'jab' the topic only to be taken to someone's profile, I don't wanna see someone's profile ? I'm just not very good at 'jabbing' accurately. sorry to anyone who thinks I'm stalking them.I ain't. I'm just clumsy :lol:

I have that problem on mine from time to time too :facepalm:

• Like 1

I specifically checked the 3 people following me yesterday. I know who you are. And two of you have embarrassingly low post counts. Forget likes, I think they might've got kidnapped by isis after two posts. 

Edited by wasted

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I thought I was the only one with that problem. :lol:

• Like 1

Huge whine coming from all commuter traffic in Atlanta. The I-85 northbound just had a huge section of the highway collapse due to a huge fire under the bridge and it will be closed for months. Fire still burning.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/large-fire-shuts-down-interstate/507589453

This is a nightmare. It is one of the two major interstate highways that runs through Atlanta :facepalm:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Huge whine coming from all commuter traffic in Atlanta. The I-85 northbound just had a huge section of the highway collapse due to a huge fire under the bridge and it will be closed for months. Fire still burning.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/large-fire-shuts-down-interstate/507589453

This is a nightmare. It is one of the two major interstate highways that runs through Atlanta :facepalm:

How's you mom doing? Still driving you nuts? :lol:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

i saw that! glad you're ok

5 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Is that you Milton?

that movie is the BEST! some great songs in it as well :)

31 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i saw that! glad you're ok

Yeah I live southeast of where it happened. My cousin works about 500 yds from where it happened and was at work at the time, but he is fine. He works at a wine and liquor store, if that happened that close to me I might have gotten into some of my inventory... Lol

They also found out structural damage was done to the southbound I-85 and have to replace it too. 

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Yeah I live southeast of where it happened. My cousin works about 500 yds from where it happened and was at work at the time, but he is fine. He works at a wine and liquor store, if that happened that close to me I might have gotten into some of my inventory... Lol

i would have! :lol:

Work has called me twice this morning trying to get me to come in today on my day off...I have to work the next five days straight and told them that and that I have to take care of things today because of that. I am part-time.... What is wrong with this picture???

12 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Work has called me twice this morning trying to get me to come in today on my day off...I have to work the next five days straight and told them that and that I have to take care of things today because of that. I am part-time.... What is wrong with this picture???

Here's some Office Space for you too! :lol:

• Like 1

I am doing an open university degree, starting a new module, I should be reading the books, introducing myself on the tutor forum and  generally be motivated to create a study plan. Its the first day and I have done none of it, this does not bode well.

• Like 1