Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Just now, maynard said:

Do yourself a favor. Don't dream about anything related to GNR. Just go to a show if they come near you, that's all they have to offer.

Nah, I quite like having little daydreams about hearing a newly recorded Axl scream or Slash riff. Don't worry, I'm very aware there is pretty much zero chance of it actually happening. 

As for going to a show, tickets bought for London ?

• Like 2

I think its shows, but if it is anything more Id say live DVD.  Thats the trend and what is sensible in the industry these days. It fits with the non stop touring mode the band is in (forever now). And given the way Guns and other rock bands do "live" albums/DVD that would explain all the rumours of being in studio:  re recording parts for their "live" cd/dvd.

Screen it at Tower Records to a crowd and live stream that on Wednesday?

Again, probably just shows imo, but if its NITL concert dvd, at least throw in Perfect Crime doc as a courtesy to true fans!!

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Ya know what cracks me up? We will most certainly have a bunch of people bitching up a storm about it on Wednesday when so many of us have been trying to convince them that's all it was from the beginning.

I'll just start bitching now then.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, maynard said:

Do yourself a favor. Don't dream about anything related to GNR. Just go to a show if they come near you, that's all they have to offer.

It's true, but that's fine. I just can't see these guys making music together. Axl has his way and Slash as his way and those are two things that can't co-exist.

My memory is hazy, did the Troubadour gig get anything like this? I mean in terms of Live Nation etc teasing/promoting it. Seems strange to me that Live Nation would bother promoting a club gig that can only sell maybe 1000 tickets. I know it would build hype and help sell the rest of US dates (maybe, if certain former members are back), but still doesn't seem quite right. 

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I don't think this will be a big show...sounds like it could be at a small venue which would be way cool to see if you're lucky enough to get a ticket 

yes, maybe a contest to win tickets for a show on july 21st at the troubadour...

get in the ring...

Am I the only one here aroused and fucking stoked to see these kind of promotions?!

I mean, if you take out of the equation all the wishes regarding release of new music, live DVD, AFD5 or anything else, and given what we've been getting for the past 20 years.. This looks fucking PHENOMENAL!

I don't mean the endless cycle of touring, but the fact that this fuckin' band doesn't ever burn out! Never...

The moment I see that Get In The Ring banner along with 'This is just the beginning...' makes me immensely stoked.. flashback to UYI tour and formidable GNR reign!

This band is simply unstoppable...or should I say unconquerable! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

Am I the only one here aroused and fucking stoked to see these kind of promotions?!

I mean, if you take out of the equation all the wishes regarding release of new music, live DVD, AFD5 or anything else, and given what we've been getting for the past 20 years.. This looks fucking PHENOMENAL!

I don't mean the endless cycle of touring, but the fact that this fuckin' band doesn't ever burn out! Never...

The moment I see that Get In The Ring banner along with 'This is just the beginning...' makes me immensely stoked.. flashback to UYI tour and formidable GNR reign!

Fully aroused over here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Not aroused, but ecstatic.

4d470254c727c2e68894726503ffab63_televis

• Like 2

don't get the "Europe and United Kingdom" thing...The United Kingdom is still Europe, they are simply not in the European Union (an economical and political community) anymore.

Edited by 2414225