Gracii Guns

Which type of baby is Gracii having?

Which type of baby is Gracii having?   37 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of baby is Gracii having?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

75 posts in this topic

An atheist. They all are when born.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

now i am curious... i have to look up what Kiernan means :P you could go with names that mean virtue, that would be cool if you first name is really Grace. Faith, Virtue, Charity, etc and of course my favorite...Patience! but a lot of times the parents take a look at the baby and say she is so not a such and such and the right name just comes to them :) 

The joke has nothing to do with Kiernan's meaning. It rhymes with my surname, ok?! 

Virtue names suck. Firstly because I'm a clumsy woman, and people have no problems with telling me how my name doesn't suit me – like I can do anything about it! 

Secondly only women ever have virtue names in the UK. It's a lot of pressure placed on only women.

I tell a lie… someone I know, his middle name is Christian. His parents are staunch atheists. In his 20s he found God. His folks aren't too crazy about it! 

On 7/10/2017 at 7:59 AM, Len Cnut said:

Ronnie and Reggie are cool sounding names

😁😁 Only you could suggest that when thinking of baby names.

"Nice little nursery your running here. Be a shame if anything were to happen to it. Give us two rusks a week and we'll see that your looked after" 

3 people like this

4 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

😁😁 Only you could suggest that when thinking of baby names.

"Nice little nursery your running here. Be a shame if anything were to happen to it. Give us two rusks a week and we'll see that your looked after" 

Its a shame they have that association cuz they're lovely sounding names for boys, very blokey and traditional.

5 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I tell a lie… someone I know, his middle name is Christian. His parents are staunch atheists. In his 20s he found God. His folks aren't too crazy about it! 

:lol:

I actually really like the name Grace, shame you got in there first, as someone seems to have done with every name that I've suggested for you.  McLeod got in a belter with Evangeline.

Posted (edited)

@Gracii Guns Veronica? Samantha? Victoria? Jacklyn? Macey? Marcy? Darcy? Isabelle?

Edited by Oldest Goat

Thor, Freya, Idun, Balder, Angrboda, Skuld, Hodin, Munin.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Freya

I really like that for a girl, actually. :lol:

On 15/07/2017 at 7:40 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

and of course no need to say healthy is what really matters...

Absolutely this.

1 person likes this

Go Welsh. For boys you could have Rhys, Dewi, Geraint, Gethin, Lloyd, Glynn or Owen.

Girls. Bronwyn, Megan, Caitlyn, Cerys or Mfannwy (yeah dont pick that last one 😁)

4 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Go Welsh. For boys you could have Rhys, Dewi, Geraint, Gethin, Lloyd, Glynn or Owen.

Girls. Bronwyn, Megan, Caitlyn, Cerys or Mfannwy (yeah dont pick that last one 😁)

I can barely pronounce Geraint. Geraint is the name of one of my clients… I'm so thankful that 99% of our communication is by email.
I do like all your girls suggestions, and Megan is definitely in the mix. 

Can't have anything with a strong vowel sound like Aiden or Eva, as the surname is very vowelly. I really liked Ada, after Lovelace, but it wouldn't work well. 

16 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I can barely pronounce Geraint. Geraint is the name of one of my clients… I'm so thankful that 99% of our communication is by email.
I do like all your girls suggestions, and Megan is definitely in the mix. 

Can't have anything with a strong vowel sound like Aiden or Eva, as the surname is very vowelly. I really liked Ada, after Lovelace, but it wouldn't work well. 

Its Gur-ain't...as in thats how its pronounced.  

22 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Thor, Freya, Idun, Balder, Angrboda, Skuld, Hodin, Munin are all candidates if you want your kid to get the shit knocked out of him/her.

Fixed :D

4 people like this

Another name I heard in the 'hood today is Parker. 

I know in the States, profession names are in vogue, but they have little meaning nor relevance in 2017. Parker- what's he parking at 6 years old? Mason, Hunter…etc. I feel older every day! 

I also cant have Peter as I misheard it at pizza today and got all exctied :lol:

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Gracii Guns said:

Another name I heard in the 'hood today is Parker. 

I know in the States, profession names are in vogue, but they have little meaning nor relevance in 2017. Parker- what's he parking at 6 years old? Mason, Hunter…etc. I feel older every day! 

I also cant have Peter as I misheard it at pizza today and got all exctied :lol:

You got it wrong. It's spelled "Parka" and it means "knobhead" in Mancunian. 

2 people like this

On 16/07/2017 at 2:55 PM, SoulMonster said:

Thor, Freya, Idun, Balder, Angrboda, Skuld, Hodin, Munin.

On 17/07/2017 at 0:57 PM, Len Cnut said:

Fixed :D

A full set of World of Warcraft wankers right there.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

A full set of World of Warcraft wankers right there.

Huh? Are the awesome names of my ancestral gods used in some kids computer game and are now considered uncool as a result? Føck.

2 people like this

@Gracii Guns

There's a few names you should definitely rule out.

Charlotte/Fiona/Pauline are the names most likely to vote Tory. Jill/Nigel/Terry are the names most likely to vote for the BNP or other far right loony parties.

Also an E at the end of a name is most likely to create a Tory voter for example Anne is dramatically more likely to be a Tory than Ann. The only notable exception is Claire, which is the least likely name for a Tory.

It's all from a mass survey that was done a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

@Gracii Guns

Charlotte/Fiona/Pauline are the names most likely to vote Tory. Jill/Nigel/Terry are the names most likely to vote for the BNP or other far right loony parties.

Also an E at the end of a name is most likely to create a Tory voter for example Anne is dramatically more likely to be a Tory than Ann. The only notable exception is Claire, which is the least likely name for a Tory.

There's a certain generation to those names, isn't there? 
Thanks for the advice though, appreciated. :monkey:

42 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

@Gracii Guns

BS my name ends with an E and according to the political test, I'm Gandhi! :lol:

So I told my dad today. 

"Hi Dad, you're going to be a grandad"
"Oh God! Oh hell!"

So that could have gone better. 

It was a lot for him to process, and to be fair my grandma is unwell and won't make it to Christmas. So he spent the first five minutes of that conversation deliberating whether to tell her. 
He decided to tell her, in case someone else told her accidentally. She is "very thrilled". Which is lovely to hear. And my Dad came round to the idea and agrees. 

So that's all the scary stuff dealt with until December's hospital visit. 

2 people like this