Silkworms OLD leak

Wasn't the orchestration from the General and some of the instrumentation used as a link/jam/solo/intro during the latter CD tours (IE Ashba/Bumble era?)

Also from all the interviews with Bumblefoot and that he had to go to GnR HQ to learn the new songs and stuff I don't see how any more things can leak. Its all going to be locked away until Axl & Slash fall out again and its time for a 15 year CD reunion tour - bonus re-issue with some new tracks? :P

6 minutes ago, life_247 said:

Wasn't the orchestration from the General and some of the instrumentation used as a link/jam/solo/intro during the latter CD tours (IE Ashba/Bumble era?)

Also from all the interviews with Bumblefoot and that he had to go to GnR HQ to learn the new songs and stuff I don't see how any more things can leak. Its all going to be locked away until Axl & Slash fall out again and its time for a 15 year CD reunion tour - bonus re-issue with some new tracks? :P

Unless people start  sharing the stuff they have.  

8 minutes ago, life_247 said:

yes, that is correct, I just don't remember if this was ever been admitted officially, or it was just a fan speculation. I remember "something from the unreleased songs was used as auxiliary orchestration during the shows, but nobody told what exactly", just like Prostitute theme was used as the piano solo in 2002.

I just listened to Silkworms again as its been about 10 years. My word its worse than I remember - honest to god WTF was that about. I actually quite like OMG and obviously CD,IRS, The Blues (Street of Dreams), Catcher, Madagascar & TWAT all came from around that time but what in gods green earth possed them to go - yup lets stick Silkworms on the setlist. Fucking tards.

I honestly want to kick whoever has these tracks in their entirety square in the dick.  They obviously have no quelms about leaking them, but doing so in :15 snippets like this is entirely lame and serves no purpose other than to say "I have something you don't!" Oh, fuck you. <_<

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I honestly want to kick whoever has these tracks in their entirety square in the dick.  They obviously have no quelms about leaking them, but doing so in :15 snippets like this is entirely lame and serves no purpose other than to say "I have something you don't!" Oh, fuck you. <_<

If I had to bet it's MSL along with a lot of other personal and confidential shit that actually really crosses boundaries.

Anyway, I dig this version of Silkworms, especially the beginning. It's vicious and intense which is when I really love Axl. Stuff like this makes me wish he took on a different name. This song, and ones like it, are so interesting & cool and he would have had a much easier time putting them out (I think) without all that pressure. 

One of my dream leaks is early Shackler's with Bucket's solo in tact and slightly less layers. That has to be nuts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

If I had to bet it's MSL along with a lot of other personal and confidential shit that actually really crosses boundaries.

Anyway, I dig this version of Silkworms, especially the beginning. It's vicious and intense which is when I really love Axl. Stuff like this makes me wish he took on a different name. This song, and ones like it, are so interesting & cool and he would have had a much easier time putting them out (I think) without all that pressure. 

One of my dream leaks is early Shackler's with Bucket's solo in tact and slightly less layers. That has to be nuts.

I dig it too.  In fact, if they got rid of that long ambient intro, I could see Slash absolutely tearing it up on this track and making it his own.  Might even be a good album 1st track. 

Too bad Axl can't be bothered to make it something like that happen. Would be really cool.  

On another note, I wonder if the fact that Pitman has writing credits on this track would prevent Axl from using it on a official release in light of his recent lawsuit. Again, assuming Axl intends to put this out soon, which he obviously does not.

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

I dig it too.  In fact, if they got rid of that long ambient intro, I could see Slash absolutely tearing it up on this track and making it his own.  Might even be a good album 1st track. 

Too bad Axl can't be bothered to make it something like that happen. Would be really cool.  

On another note, I wonder if the fact that Pitman has writing credits on this track would prevent Axl from using it on a official release in light of his recent lawsuit. Again, assuming Axl intends to put this out soon, which he obviously does not.

Well they did rework the song, maybe the parts Pitman brought to the song were removed.  If not, yeah Axl would not put it out just to spit Pitman so he would not get rolyaties on teh song.  Axl should just leak it lol

Edited by gnfnr2k
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Well they did rework the song, maybe the parts Pitman brought to the song were removed.  If not, yeah Axl would not put it out just to spit Pitman so he would not get rolyaties on teh song.  Axl should just leak it lol

I think he'd have to get credit either way, especially if he was the one who brought the initial structure to the table sans lyrics.

The sad thing is that Slash just loves to play, and if Axl were to say, "Hey, I've got some songs that could use your guitars all over them." you know he'd be totally for it and would dive right in, even if it didn't necessarily mean he'd receive writing credits on said tracks. But, for whatever, reason Axl just can't be bothered to put out new music. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I think he'd have to get credit either way, especially if he was the one who brought the initial structure to the table sans lyrics.

The sad thing is that Slash just loves to play, and if Axl were to say, "Hey, I've got some songs that could use your guitars all over them." you know he'd be totally for it and would dive right in, even if it didn't necessarily mean he'd receive writing credits on said tracks. But, for whatever, reason Axl just can't be bothered to put out new music. 

In general, I have to think that at this point Slash would be down for playing on all of the CD II & III tracks that Axl has unfinished in the vault. One issue, though, is that Axl would want the current band to re-record over everything that's been done so it's up to date with the present lineup. If we ever see anything like this it will be yeeeeears from now.

Edited by BangoSkank

37 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

In general, I have to think that at this point Slash would be down for playing on all of the CD II & III tracks that Axl has unfinished in the vault. One issue, though, is that Axl would want the current band to re-record over everything that's been done so it's up to date with the present lineup. If we ever see anything like this it will be yeeeeears from now.

If (and right now it's a big f*cking "IF") an album does materialize within the next few years, I would imagine the "new" vocals recorded for it would be minimal, meaning Axl would likely use what he already has recorded "in the can" from the Chinese Democracy sessions for the most part.

You're right that the current lineup, namely Slash & Duff, would have a lot of work to do in regard to re-recording their guitars over previously recorded tracks.  God only knows how long all that would take to get sorted out through subsequent mixing and mastering.  Years is probably accurate. Which is a shame, seeing how in a few years Axl will be pushing fucking 60 likely with only Chinese Democracy to show for his efforts over the past 25 years. Hope I'm wrong, really I do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangoSkank said:

I wonder if Axl will make this lineup re record the whole Appetite album before starting work on new music.

• Like 1

Where is this supposed new 15 sec "leak"? All I'm hearing and seeing is the same old YouTube links, most of which is fan made and been around for years!?!

Personally, don't mind the song. Always found it intriguing, a bit "wtf" but sometimes that is no bad thing. Mixes things up a bit.

There would be no legal issues, they were all employees of GnR - songs were written while on the payroll and then credits would be handed out.

As long as their happy with their % of the credits then there's no legal leg to stand on.

Also while I'd image they'd have a sniff around the vaults and remember that Axl,Dizzy,Foruts (and Frank to a lesser extent) were in the band for a lot of/all of CD then they'd know which things they'd want to work on. By the same token Slash and Duff may have some stuff they worked on for VR/Solo Albums that they think might work whipped up into something for Guns.

But they are all wise enough to know that the buisness model for this is ride the reunion/anniversary train for a year or two and then make an album, hopefully with a killer single and off you go again.

14 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Where is this supposed new 15 sec "leak"? All I'm hearing and seeing is the same old YouTube links, most of which is fan made and been around for years!?!

Personally, don't mind the song. Always found it intriguing, a bit "wtf" but sometimes that is no bad thing. Mixes things up a bit.

I've never liked the song in any form, but yeah, there's nothing new about this "leak" in any way.

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Thank you for posting this. Hadn't heard it before.

We need new music for fuck SAKE!

That leak was discussed years ago. Eventually, someone posted the real original song, frome some unknown band. People thought it was something from the Zakk Wylde/Slash era :lol:

39 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

That leak was discussed years ago. Eventually, someone posted the real original song, frome some unknown band. People thought it was something from the Zakk Wylde/Slash era :lol:

You're trying to say that that isn't Axl? No... that's Axl and it sounds like 95-96 era more than anything else ..