Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

23 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

Sorry for being so negative but I honestly can't stand Fernando. Every time I see him posing as some sort of big shot in the GN'R world it makes me cringe. And Melissa is so damn annoying. Such a childish little girl. Just pathetic.

Agree. Real, professional managers dont try and share the spot light with the band

• Like 2

On 10/31/2018 at 4:40 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I wish Duff went back on the piss. 

Punk as fuck.

Yes who the fuck still use Blackberry?? Definitely an endorsement tho. :wacko:

is this what it means being ageing rock star? I think pop stars can age better than this.

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

These guys havent been the "real" deal in decades, but I dont blame them for it. They did what every young band wants, they got huge and rich. They aren't punk or "authentic" so I guess I wouldnt want them to pretend to be. The rich lifestyle they live doesnt bug me because they are super rich. Its better than them pretending to be the same guys they were back in the day. It makes them less cool, but they are a upper 50s rock band, so cool isnt really the thing they should aspire to be, anyways.

They are professional entertainers more akin to a broadway production now. "Stand here when pyro hits, play songs in this order, lasers and lights here, do it again playing the same hits every X amount of years, etc". Its an entertainment corporation made of smaller businesses (All, Slash, and Duff). It stopped being a real band long ago. Its ok, its just how almost all arena and stadium nostalgia acts are 

I agree with that. But Tshirts with „Punk as fuck“? lol. That was a real emberassing act. They don’t make any sense nor are they cool. 

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I agree with that. But Tshirts with „Punk as fuck“? lol. That was a real emberassing act. They don’t make any sense nor are they cool. 

I think Duff has enough self awareness to know that he is not "punk" anymore (if he ever was punk in the first place... ?) So I assume that those shirts are made either tongue in cheek or they are just a nod to his youth when he used to play in a punk bands, was influenced by Sid Vicious etc. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I think Duff has enough self awareness to know that he is not "punk" anymore (if he ever was punk in the first place) So I assume that those shirts are made either tongue in cheek or they are just a nod to his youth when he used to play in a punk band, was influenced by Sid Vicious etc. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

These guys havent been the "real" deal in decades, but I dont blame them for it. They did what every young band wants, they got huge and rich. They aren't punk or "authentic" so I guess I wouldnt want them to pretend to be. The rich lifestyle they live doesnt bug me because they are super rich. Its better than them pretending to be the same guys they were back in the day. It makes them less cool, but they are a upper 50s rock band, so cool isnt really the thing they should aspire to be, anyways.

They are professional entertainers more akin to a broadway production now. "Stand here when pyro hits, play songs in this order, lasers and lights here, do it again playing the same hits every X amount of years, etc". Its an entertainment corporation made of smaller businesses (All, Slash, and Duff). It stopped being a real band long ago. Its ok, its just how almost all arena and stadium nostalgia acts are 

Why do you think theyre not punk? Punk doesnt mean being poor and dying your hair and drinking beer on the streets. Thats a stereotype people have of punk.

punk means doing whatever the fuck you want with your life and not letting anyone come in your way.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Why do you think theyre not punk? Punk doesnt mean being poor and dying your hair and drinking beer on the streets. Thats a stereotype people have of punk.

punk means doing whatever the fuck you want with your life and not letting anyone come in your way.

The problem with that is you can use that description to justify any sort of behaviour it is so precise: by that logic Donald Trump is ''punk rock'' seeing that he does do whatever he wants, and doesn't let anyone hinder him.

Personally I like to associate punk with snots and tins of cold baked beans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1