Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I would like to hear the other half of CD (CDII). I mean why not? They worked on the music. It's there. Looking at CD as Axl Rose songs (rather than GNR), I think it's fine. I'd like to hear the rest

I think it makes more sense for Axl to tour with slash and duff from 2016-2017, end it with a reissue of AFD for its 30th anniversary with demos and old rarities and shit, and then call it a day.

Then in 2018, reissue CD for its 10th anniversary with the originally intended artwork (red hand and stuff) as well as a bonus disc full of unreleased songs. No touring necessary since the primary people who worked on that material (Bucket, Robin, Paul, Brain, etc) would be long gone by that point (and the material will be 20 years old)

I would also be interested to see what kind of new record Axl, Slash, Duff, and maybe Izzy can do, but the chances of something like that ever happening are really, really slim (even more so than the other ideas I proposed above, and that's saying a lot).

Edited by rocknroll41

Yeah, CD1 was such a hit... CD2 will bring the masses to their knees!!! :lol:

CD geeks are delusional.

Then in 2018, reissue CD for its 10th anniversary with the originally intended artwork (red hand and stuff) as well as a bonus disc full of unreleased songs. No touring necessary since the primary people who worked on that material (Bucket, Robin, Paul, Brain, etc) would be long gone by that point.

It doesn't make sense if there's a reunion. Edited by IZZYISGNR
  • Like 1

Yeah, CD1 was such a hit... CD2 will bring the masses to their knees!!! :lol:

CD geeks are delusional.

That actually reminds me of something I forgot to mention: if they do reissue CD with a bonus disc, make it almost exclusively online, and only print a small handful of physical copies for die-hards to order through the Nightrain store. Cause like you said, it wouldn't work anymore as a mass release Edited by rocknroll41

Nobody is going to reissue CD with a bonus disc anytime soon, believe me.

I kinda remember reading somewhere once that Tom Petty is reissuing a record from 1994 with a bonus disc of seemingly never-before-heard tunes that were recorded around that time. I even made a thread about that here once. So it's not like something like that hasn't been done before.

Tho I do understand that with CD it's far more complicated cause it has such a negative stigma associated with it (and its reputation could possibly be worsened by a reunion. And between Cd2 and a reunion, I'd pick reunion)

Edited by rocknroll41

Then in 2018, reissue CD for its 10th anniversary with the originally intended artwork (red hand and stuff) as well as a bonus disc full of unreleased songs. No touring necessary since the primary people who worked on that material (Bucket, Robin, Paul, Brain, etc) would be long gone by that point.

It doesn't make sense if there's a reunion.

Black Sabbath has released Dio and Martin-era compilations since reuniting.

The fight between Rusty and wkuk is more boring than a GNR setlist in the past few years.....

Normally i wouldn't call out this one, but literally every second thread ruined by you two

Just stop pls

Fight? What fight! It's called a debate.

The fight between Rusty and wkuk is more boring than a GNR setlist in the past few years.....

Normally i wouldn't call out this one, but literally every second thread ruined by you two

Just stop pls

:blink:

This is the only topic. Try the ignore feature if it bothers you so much. I can speak for both of us when I say we do not care if you're bored.

The label isn't interested in a possible CDII. They learned their lesson with 1 and were lucky to get their money back. Most fans don't care to hear it and the label knows it. You won't be hearing a CDII from the nugnr lineups.

Shut up and take my money!

Dollar stores don't deal with that kind of customer. Nothing is in CDII's favor.

Can't remember CD having much in its favor.

Wut?

It being one of, if not the most anticipated album since the mid 90's from GNR/Axl?

Or that it was carrying a 13 million dollar price tag that only fueled the anticipation?

Compared to CDII or whatever you guys call it, CD had a lot of push.

True. 6-7 million worldwide sold is not bad.

That is total bullshit.

CD sold 3-3.5 million. Only ignorants claim otherwise.

The label isn't interested in a possible CDII. They learned their lesson with 1 and were lucky to get their money back. Most fans don't care to hear it and the label knows it. You won't be hearing a CDII from the nugnr lineups.

Dollar stores don't deal with that kind of customer. Nothing is in CDII's favor.

Wut?

It being one of, if not the most anticipated album since the mid 90's from GNR/Axl?

Or that it was carrying a 13 million dollar price tag that only fueled the anticipation?

True. 6-7 million worldwide sold is not bad.

That is total bullshit.

CD sold 3-3.5 million. Only ignorants claim otherwise.

Do you have those figures to hand?

i think most would would agree if no reunion is happening then sure why not bring on the CD2 stuff

i think the problem lies with wanting the CD2 stuff over a reunion

I agree. Before this topic was made everybody wanted new material even if it was a 10-15 year old song, it's new to us because we have never heard it.

Just stop pls

:blink:

This is the only topic. Try the ignore feature if it bothers you so much. I can speak for both of us when I say we do not care if you're bored.

Lol, tool

Is that really true about Slash playing on CD?

But yes seems like Slash and Duff parachuting in for CD II and Rock in Rio 2021 could happen.

Can Slash do another solo album after Con III?

No matter what he does, it always feels like he's seriously underused. Safari Inn and all his riffs don't really get the conditions they deserve to become really great songs.

CD ll could probably benefit greatly from Slash and Duff's contributions just cause it's Axl vocals and melodies maybe easy for them to relate to and build from that.

But if CD ll is as good as Chinese, it doesn't need anything else besides maybe a tour. That's a respectable way to end it as well.

Just not very Guns like...you want it to end with a bang.

i just don't think he pushes himself for every track. Some are just good enough. But theres 2 or 3 on every album that are great. It's a bit more metal oriented, you can enjoy the the guitar, sometimes the songs are in a similar emotional range.

Depends really what constitutes victory. Is it a return to commercial success with a back to basics reunion record or just completing the CD era mission with 2 more records.

i don't think it matters how much CD sold because i don't think its reflective of how CD2 would do to be honest

i mean i would purchase it just because i'll support anything Axl puts out but i don't think Joe Blow down the street could give a damn about it

CD:2 would be a hard sell commercially. It needs a Dr Pepper type promotion which I don't think it will get although I hope it does. People need to realise it's not 1991 anymore, Guns could reunite tomorrow and joe blow in the street might not even know about it or care about it. Edited by wkuk04

Wut?

True. 6-7 million worldwide sold is not bad. CD:II has to be promoted physically by Axl, although the pressure this time around won't be as harsh and the huge investment this time around the cd booklet folk need to use spell checker. They didn't spend 13 million to produce 14 tracks. I'm interested in what remains.

6-7 million is a pretty low number. I don't think that takes into account the last 4 years or so. Conservatively, I think its probably around 8-10 million at this point. Even with a reunion I think it'll be hard for Guns to match CD's success in today's climate.

• Like 1

i don't think it matters how much CD sold because i don't think its reflective of how CD2 would do to be honest

i mean i would purchase it just because i'll support anything Axl puts out but i don't think Joe Blow down the street could give a damn about it

CD:2 would be a hard sell commercially. It needs a Dr Pepper type promotion which I don't think it will get although I hope it does. People need to realise it's not 1991 anymore, Guns could reunite tomorrow and joe blow in the street might not even know about it or care about it.

i think there would be much more interest in a reunion though just for nostalgia reasons

older fans reminiscing on past glory and younger fans getting to witness what they missed

CD2 would be for the Axl diehards and based on the responses i get when i say i like him i don't know if there is many out there lol

• Like 1

Wut?

True. 6-7 million worldwide sold is not bad. CD:II has to be promoted physically by Axl, although the pressure this time around won't be as harsh and the huge investment this time around the cd booklet folk need to use spell checker. They didn't spend 13 million to produce 14 tracks. I'm interested in what remains.

6-7 million is a pretty low number. I don't think that takes into account the last 4 years or so. Conservatively, I think its probably around 8-10 million at this point. Even with a reunion I think it'll be hard for Guns to match CD's success in today's climate.
One of the best posts in this thread.

CD2 will be fine sales wise if it's good. It will still get a huge bump for having GNR name attached to it, but the key is it needs to be a good album. You can't release a bad record now and expect people to put it on their iTunes.

If it's not good then Axl will need to consider doing the following

1. Release an autobiography in the same time frame.

2. Get contracted to play the super bowl

3. Heavily promote with crazy music videos

4. Do an insane interview on Stern or somewhere, kinda a tell all so people might appreciate the crazy

5. Make a Guns N Roses movie

These things will move record sales up even if it sucks. But like I said, the easiest route is to release a good record, people will find it.

Wut?

One of the best posts in this thread.
To have this kind of posters here which are clearly trol.ling and seeing magisme, sixes and other fun posters leaving one by one is such a sad sight. I want old mygnr back. Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

Sales are in the toilet. Rock or Bust sold half of Black Ice on release. Not sure there's even Wal Mart deals anymore.

Even a reunion record isnt going to sell anything much. But the tour has some numbers attached which would get most interested.

But if record sales arent an issue why not put out CD II and sign Slash, Izzy and Duff up for the tour. Win win.

If after that they are into recording thats cool. But them firing up Pretty Tied up would probably set the venue on fire.

Slash and Axl have gotten over some of their problems and can talk to each other now. That is all there is. Some of you need to look at the bigger picture between them. They have been apart so long that they probably do not even know each other very well any longer. Axl has never had dealings with a totally clean Slash. Neither one of them needs the other to work at their craft. A couple of other things to consider- the minute Slash walks out onto the stage and plays under the name of GNR, he will be working for Axl. That means Axl has total control of what is done concerning the band on and off the stage. That includes merchandising and media. Slash works for himself and has gotten use to having things his way. Slash also likes to create new music and Axl does not. Any talk of a reunion is very premature at this point so many things would need to be worked out. Who would sit down and help them work these things out? Beta and Perla? Perla is still very involved with the business end of Slash's career? And I believe that I have seen several postings here stating that Beta hates Slash.

Have you considered the idea that the "Guns N Roses" legal entity owned by Axl, Slash & Duff would be the GNR they go out under. In that entity all three have power and rights.

If they had half a brain between them and a reunion is on the cards, going out under the old GNR entity is the way to go.