GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

On 11/23/2018 at 1:20 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This is a little bit interesting, seeing as @MaskingApathy saw Niven not so long ago who said he had been hanging out with Slash and was going to his show :ph34r:

It seems like a big coincidence he is saying that after having hung out with Slash not that long ago ...... but then again, it’s Niven! :lol:

Niven told me he hung out with Slash before his show in my city the weekend previous to when I met him. As far as new music and stuff goes, I wouldn't believe anything that he says. Would rather hear something concrete from Slash or Axl (which we kind of have).

Edited by MaskingApathy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This is a little bit interesting, seeing as @MaskingApathy saw Niven not so long ago who said he had been hanging out with Slash and was going to his show :ph34r:

It seems like a big coincidence he is saying that after having hung out with Slash not that long ago ...... but then again, it’s Niven! :lol:

I'm afraid Niven is still talking out of his ass. I remember he also claimed that Izzy was in the studio writing and recording with them. The next day Izzy opened his twitter account to deny everything

• GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

I dont know how he could ever get into movie soundtracks..... Those projects have DEADLINES and you have to work hard to deliver.

There's no room for much tinkering, perfectionism, bullshitting around....... And he's mentioned this shit for so long, like 10 years ago and now he talks he'd like to do that "in the future"----

Future when, Axl? When you are 70 years old? :facepalm:

Every time I hear Axl saying he'd like to do movie soundtracks I disregard it completely because which movie director would be so crazy as to invite Axl for doing its movie track? Movie directors have already a lot of egos to juggle with movie stars, etc, they probably don't need a drama queen with serious deadline issues doing the soundtrack. :facepalm:

As for the new album, if anything ever happens, I'd hope it's completely new music and not leftovers from CD.  However, if Slash and Duff are giving freedom to rework it, who knows and it could become interesting...

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Exactly! Not all things Niven said turned out to be true. :shrugs:

That’s why I’m stilly vary on the subject wether Izzy was at a rehearsal in 2016 after all. But that’s another subject...

Well, he is a known gobshite for sure. I would think Slash would be wise enough not to tell him much but he obviously tells him some things about GnR - it was quite evident from one of those first podcast interviews he did....

Although the thing I found most interesting was that Slash freaked out about turning 50 :lol:

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Ughhhh....boring:facepalm:....

But we don’t know what he said yet .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Something about how they got inspiration for a song from a picture of a Nun hanging over a toilet?

I can’t wait! 

Uhhhh? 

Speaking of Slash...nothing of Axl in that F1 thing that Slash, Meeghan and the useless Nando went today...but his friend, the finish driver is there. The grand prix is tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Exactly! Not all things Niven said turned out to be true. :shrugs:

That’s why I’m stilly vary on the subject wether Izzy was at a rehearsal in 2016 after all. But that’s another subject...

Niven and his credibility... this reminded me of earlier conversation on this forum: 

After reading that particular thread,  I'd say it would be wise to take anything Niven says with a barrel of salt. (because a grain is not enough ) 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 2

Just now, Georgina Arriaga said:

Uhhhh? 

Speaking of Slash...nothing of Axl in that F1 thing that Slash, Meeghan and the useless Nando went today...but his friend, the finish driver is there. The grand prix is tomorrow.

That’s all I remember reading from his interviews recently about SMKC - they got inspiration for a song from a picture of a Nun in Slash’s bathroom! :lol:

Here’s another Slash interview:

https://amp.thenational.ae/arts-culture/music/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-backs-lewis-hamilton-to-bring-home-the-win-at-abu-dhabi-gp-1.795283

He won’t be going to the race because of the show. 

Just says he is a fan of Lewis Hamilton and enjoys playing shows in UAE - nothing much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What happened to Axl today?

Does anyone know what kind of illness he got? :question:

Stomach bug or something? I blame Fernando anyway. A few days ago, in his Insta he showed himself being sick and the first thing I thought was: stay away from Axl!

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Lio said:

Stomach bug or something? I blame Fernando anyway. A few days ago, in his Insta he showed himself being sick and the first thing I thought was: stay away from Axl!

What did Fernando have? :question:

I find it odd that they get food poisoning... They stay at the best hotels and supposedly get the best food, not street food.... Unless they stuff themselves like pigs :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

What did Fernando have? :question:

Not sure. I think it was during the last show, he posted a pic, I think, of himself backstage with some meds and hashtagged headache and sick or something. I don't know if he had the same thing, of course, but I did think immediately: hope Axl doesn't get it :lol:

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Not sure. I think it was during the last show, he posted a pic, I think, of himself backstage with some meds and hashtagged headache and sick or something. I don't know if he had the same thing, of course, but I did think immediately: hope Axl doesn't get it :lol:

That'd be strange though.... Unless they share glasses, silverware, toilet, towels.... I assume Axl has his own things while at the hotels.

Gotta be something else.... Throwing up for 5 hours straight sounds really bad.... I don't know how he could even come out.

Just hope it is not alcohol related and that he gets better soon.

Throwing up that much is most likely either food poisoning or a severe stomach bug that usually lasts 24 hours. They probably gave him IV Zofran to stop the vomiting and nausea and it probably wore off while Axl was on stage. Management can't plan around how long IV meds stays in your system because it varies per person. There is no way I could have done what he did. That stomach stuff is NO joke. Hope he recovers soon!