1 BILLION $$ gross...could the NITL Tour be the biggest tour in History?

Absolutely... 

After this end in november it's gonna amount to close to 600mill.

With second Europe leg which is 110% guaranteed, they have high chances on over taking u2. 

After that the road to 1bill is easier cause media coverage is gonna kick in...

They could if they continue the tour for another 2-3 years, but then again, people will just stop attending the shows if there's no sense of novelty. The only way they can continue to sell out stadiums in places they've already went to is to release a new album before that. Or at least a couple of new songs.

Who here actually cares about this? I know I don't, not even a little. Good for gnr if they do, they'd have successfully made a boat load of cash, but for the fans? It makes no difference whatsoever.

Much rather they took a breather after NA and came back around with either a fresh tour or a new record cycle. The idea of seeing them come back around with that same set, doesn't excite me one bit; the lure of Slash, Duff and Axl together has worn off (it was barely there in the beginning tbh).

• Like 2

On 01/10/2017 at 3:54 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

Lol no... GN’R dies after this NA leg at the end of the year.

New SMKC album + tour is coming early 2018 and Axl is expected to re-join ACDC.

They will reach the 600M mark, but no more

Honestly I would be more happy to see Axl in ACDC than singing the same shit every second night for the past 30 years... I've been in AXL/DC shows and I can say he's way more excited being there than GN'R. plus chances of a new ACDC album with Axl are much higher than GNR.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

27 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Honestly I would be more happy to see Axl in ACDC that singing the same shit every second night for the past 30 years... I've been in AXL/DC shows and I can say he's way more excited being there than GN'R. plus chances of a new ACDC album with Axl are much higher than GNR.

And also much easier to do than a GN'R album because Axl would only be responsible for the lyrics.

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Can anyone actually confirm these numbers??

I can't see them being over $500 mill. The Wikipedia page is calculated to the end of the European portion of the tour. Once the NA numbers are in their probably around $400

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jonah said:

I can't see them being over $500 mill. The Wikipedia page is calculated to the end of the European portion of the tour. Once the NA numbers are in their probably around $400

All European dates are included? Because this is mid year list... most of Euro dates were later. Don't know... just speculating here

Ok this might be a stupid question so sorry in advance but,

How do they calculate these numbers? Does it go from Jan. 2017 to December 2017? Or do they go by the tour name? So if GNR continues to tour under the NITL name for another 5 years does that count as the same tour? :lol: Seems a little unfair if that's how it's done. Especially considering most artist tour, take a break to record and release new music and then start a new tour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slitherz said:

All European dates are included? Because this is mid year list... most of Euro dates were later. Don't know... just speculating here

It's calculated for 74 shows which would put that half way threw the Europe shows. At the end of the last leg of the American tour we have had 99 shows plus the troubadour and apollo shows (I don't count those as they wouldn't have any effect on grosses). So that would be 25 shows not counted yet. Say rough estimate is 4 mill a show gross would equal an additional 100 mill. 

Edited by jonah

9 hours ago, Gackt said:

U2's likely making the most bank currently on their Joshua Tree tour, gross income doesn't mean much when there's so many musicians, staff and expenses to be paid.

This thread is about the possibility of GN'R having the highest grossing tour by the time they wrap up. Your post has nothing to do with what we're discussing. Gross doesn't mean much? It means a lot when we're discussing specifically the highest grossing tours not the most profitable tours, which is a pointless thing to discuss since they aren't publishing that data, it's private. You don't know which band is more profitable than the next.

Edited by Tonto

17 minutes ago, jonah said:

It's calculated for 74 shows which would put that half way threw the Europe shows. At the end of the last leg of the American tour we have had 99 shows plus the troubadour and apollo shows (I don't count those as they wouldn't have any effect on grosses). So that would be 25 shows not counted yet. Say rough estimate is 4 mill a show gross would equal an additional 100 mill. 

The gross per most shows is far higher than 4 million, it could be a lot more, depending on what markets they hit with those 25 shows.

1 minute ago, Tonto said:

The gross per most shows is far higher than 4 million, it could be a lot more, depending on what markets they hit with those 25 shows.

Doesn't seem feasible to gross 4 million on a lot of those added US dates.  A few did well but a lot didn't and they discounted heavily in places so suspect the average price will be down.

I would take these figures with a pinch of salt anyway to be honest with you, there is nothing to say they are accurate.  They can say they grossed whatever they like, report every ticket as paid for at full price and so on.   You've only got to look at how they report sell outs for most shows they all but gave tickets away for like Adelaide, Sydney 2 etc.  Sydney ANZ Taylor Swift drew 76k for 1 show and GNR did 2 and drew 84k  and they're sell outs? C'mon

4 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Is there any truth to the rumor of Axl and co. getting a guaranteed 5.5 mil fee/ stadium show regardless of attendance?

Weren't the rumours first time round they got $3M and costs ran at a mil a show ?  There was an in depth article on Billboard about it somewhere.  They then get overage pay over a certain gross

There isn't a cat in hells chance they are puling that this time around unless LN became a charity recently!  They were damn generous first time around and barely made a profit from one Billboard article breakdown.

Can we really expect a second european leg? I hope they shut this tour after the next NA leg and focus on something productive asap, its getting boring. They've already made more money than they can expend to the rest of their lives lol

Edited by default_
  • Like 1