the eating stuff thread

wasted

3 hours ago, soon said:

I haven't had BK's, but Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwiches are my one true love. I like KFCs but the food trucks around here do them best.

I tried making fried macaroni balls a few weeks ago. Could get the balls to stick. But I had bowls bread crumbs ready. So maybe one day I’ll make my own. BK have robots doing it. 

Make your own.

1/ Mince or dice finely a load of chicken. Mix in bowl with egg white and whatever seasoning required.

2/ Roll and shape into burger shapes and coat in Panko breadcrumbs. Place in fridge for a few hours.

3/ Fry either side on high heat. 

Much healthier and more hygienic than the rubbish you get in fastfood places. 

44 minutes ago, wasted said:

I tried making fried macaroni balls a few weeks ago. Could get the balls to stick. But I had bowls bread crumbs ready. So maybe one day I’ll make my own. BK have robots doing it. 

I found those frustrating too. Maybe you have to double the breaded process. With a chill between the two applications? Also, freeze some shredded cheese and add that to the mac and cheese as you ball it up, that way there is still lots of gooeyness after the fry.

Edited by soon

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Make your own.

1/ Mince or dice finely a load of chicken. Mix in bowl with egg white and whatever seasoning required.

2/ Roll and shape into burger shapes and coat in Panko breadcrumbs. Place in fridge for a few hours.

Agreed. I make my own nuggets and shallow fry them. And also low sugar sweet and sour sauce using pineapple juice, sriracha, ketchup, corn starch

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

They call em chicken strips here...and cuz our fast food is apparently of a lower quality than the yanks they’re usually thinner.

Babe, we call them goujons here too :P chicken goujons and you can get fish ones. Chicken strips are just long nuggets. You're so fucking common Len :lol:

21 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Babe, we call them goujons here too :P chicken goujons and you can get fish ones. Chicken strips are just long nuggets. You're so fucking common Len :lol:

Gou-what?!  Never heard of em :lol:  (I really haven’t y’know!)

• Haha 2

Put aside my schedule because I become so fascinated by this podcast on the history of the lettuce industry in USA. (Why oh why am I so interested in all things food?)

I learned that Ice Berg Lettuce is named ofter the fact that in a pre-refrigeration time they discovered they could pack it in mounds of crushed ice, allowing farmers to ship it by train in to the big cities, year round.

On 07/07/2018 at 5:16 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Make your own.

Do you not get a lot of stick from your peoples being a fuckin' northern geezer and all into your cooking and that?

I made pulled pork poutine using left over fries and onion rings. I used pan sauce gravy Id frozen in cubes that was ginger and maca forward. Pulled pork had a bit of spice to it. Didnt have curds but the aged cheddar was just fine. Im so sad that I can never have that exact meal ever again, it was perfect.