Slash interview: Axl Rose is working on a ‘ton’ of new Guns N’ Roses tracks

“I mean, Axl’s got a ton of shit that he recorded already, so we’re going to get in there and just start getting into that thing, and then if we do a record and then do a tour, I could see that cycle going on endlessly.”

Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/axl-rose-is-working-on-a-ton-of-new-guns-n-roses-tracks-2369703#ylWs16GTuFWxVqej.99

• GNFNR 1

19 minutes ago, RageKage said:

“I mean, Axl’s got a ton of shit that he recorded already, so we’re going to get in there and just start getting into that thing, and then if we do a record and then do a tour, I could see that cycle going on endlessly.”

Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/axl-rose-is-working-on-a-ton-of-new-guns-n-roses-tracks-2369703#ylWs16GTuFWxVqej.99

Not convinced until it really happen.

39 minutes ago, RageKage said:

For two years people been complaining about the lack of interviews and now you want him to stop?😁

Only in gnr world

Cry wolf. Fortus have said similar things for years. We haven't seen any album. It has nothing to do with doing or not doing interviews. I believe there is a new album the day I can listen to it

• Like 1

Although the new material thing is most essential I find this interesting:

““I mean, I have no prospects. Now that we’ve actually mended fences and gotten back together and done this, we’re going to keep it together. Because all the bullshit we’d had that sort of caused all of the shit back in the nineties, there was a lot of outside influence on that, so now that that’s sort of eliminated we’re just left to our own devices. We get along fucking great.”

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Padme said:

Cry wolf. Fortus have said similar things for years. We haven't seen any album. It has nothing to do with doing or not doing interviews. I believe there is a new album the day I can listen to it

Doesn't matter what fortus says.

53 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Although the new material thing is most essential I find this interesting:

““I mean, I have no prospects. Now that we’ve actually mended fences and gotten back together and done this, we’re going to keep it together. Because all the bullshit we’d had that sort of caused all of the shit back in the nineties, there was a lot of outside influence on that, so now that that’s sort of eliminated we’re just left to our own devices. We get along fucking great.”

That's a much more interesting quote than the new music one. It seems the guys are actually fine with each other again. This situation might get Axl out of artistic retirement and make new music. Still sounds much more impossible than the reunion itsef. Touring money is just much more interesting to Axl than creating 3 minutes of music.

1 hour ago, RageKage said:

Doesn't matter what fortus says.

And it doesn't matter what Slash, Axl or even God may say about a bunch of songs. As I said before I will believe there is a new album the day they actually release it

5 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Your thread title is completely false. This is how roumers start.

Specifically states Axl HAS a ton of material recorded. At no point does Slash state Axl is working on material.

I totally agree with you. Axl hasn't worked on any GNR material since about later 2010.

26 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Your thread title is completely false. This is how roumers start.

Specifically states Axl HAS a ton of material recorded. At no point does Slash state Axl is working on material.

I just copy/pasted the article title

We've heard the same thing from Fortus, Bumblefoot, Axl and Ashba.

Obviously he has some songs that are at a completed stage so to say, but everything changes now that Duff and Slash are in the band, because possibly they will have to record the songs from scratch with their parts.

In any case there's gotta be completed songs from Bumblefoot/Ashba era. That's why we got that clip from The General. At least Jackie Chan and The General we know it's out there somewhere.

Edited by Propaganda

2 hours ago, ApacheChief42 said:

I have much more hope in Slash saying that Axl's working on new stuff than Fortus.

Plus, I think CD2 would've been released if they never did the reunion anyway.

What would possibly make you think that? Chinese Democracy came out In 2008 and the band reunited In 2016. They had 8 years to release CD2.

11 minutes ago, ironmt said:

What would possibly make you think that? Chinese Democracy came out In 2008 and the band reunited In 2016. They had 8 years to release CD2.

There was an article from about 2014 where Axl was talking about CD2 and the remix album's release in the near future.

Then Slash and Duff came back and the plans were seemingly changed

But with Axl, who even knows what his plans really were

Edited by ApacheChief42