'Living The Dream' World Tour 2018/2019

Ralphelmo

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I can see a 30 minute Rocket Queen being too long (not for me) but but the 12-15 minutes ones are great. They are the highlight of the show for me and everyone that I have been to shows with has loved it. I have seen quite a few Slash shows with quite a few people too. I have also never really noticed any mad dash for the bathroom or anything. The crowd always seems to be into it. They aren't jumping around but that isn't what happens during solos. People tend to soak them in. He is doing the same thing with WOF now.  I don't think that is the best song but I would love to see that just for the extended Slash jam. If people don't like it, just go take a piss or get a beer or whatever.

I also would argue that Slash is not just "noodling" during Rocket Queen.. He always starts off that way at the beginning until he finds his groove and get's locked in and it just builds and builds. The more he builds is where you here the whistling and hollers.  It is also more of a jam with the bands playing a bit in the background. Every one is different too which is what makes Slash so great..

I would rather have Nightrain in my next show than RQ. But I know that if he does RQ and it lasts 30 minutes, I'll still enjoy it. It's Slash. I'm there for him and he's playing. Can't complain.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Dissident said:

I mean rocket queen as a whole is a perfect song. And Myles in my opinion is much better than current Axl on the song, so I'd prefer Myles to sing a song that Axl isn't as strong on. 

Axl could sing with his balls and it will still be better than Myles on GNR songs. I like the guy though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manfisman said:

Axl could sing with his balls and it will still be better than Myles on GNR songs. I like the guy though

Axl sucks balls on RQ nowadays dude. Just because you don't like Myles voice doesn't make that fact untrue. I too agree that Myles sings that song a lot better than Axl these days. But I don't like Myles on songs like Nightrain. Myles > Mickey Axl

10 hours ago, FrenchGNRfan said:

I was so glad that they played Too Far Gone, We're All Gonna Die and Shadow Life

I would be a bit disappointed if they don't play them anymore

They brought back Too Far Gone but not Battleground..grrr. That song should be a staple in their set.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2019 at 6:08 PM, Tom-Ass said:

He does play so much better with this band.. This is real chemistry instead of the forced shit with the current Gn'R lineup.... I wonder if that could be changed by simply swapping out Frank for Fitz...

I'm sure Fitz can make it work with anybody, but he has special years of chemistry with Kerns and Frank. You will have to swap them in too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moreblack said:

I'm sure Fitz can make it work with anybody, but he has special years of chemistry with Kerns and Frank. You will have to swap them in too.

What Fitz and Kerns can do together is unbelievable, justice they do to AFD material is beyond anyone else (GNR 1996-2018 included) could even imagine.

Just check this out, don't listen to vocals (Myles described that era with him singing some GNR songs as 'cringeworthy' :D, I like the breakdown though), simply focus on rhythm section. Many so called die-hard GNR fans wouldn't tell. Same with VR material.

Slash - Rocket Queen (iTunes Sessions 2010)

Slash - Fall to Pieces (iTunes Sessions 2010)

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 2

Man this band is as tight as any band in music right now - Slash is just killing it right now with the extended jams 💯 I’ve been waiting to hear Slash do extended jams with SMKC - Wicked Stone is off the hook with the jam- Nighttrain and RQ are unreal💯 - Wof and Anastasia are monster jams - Slash and the Conspirators are bringing it every gig and Myles is simply the best Rock singer in the biz - Damn what a live band - best Rock n roll band on the planet 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Too Far Gone has one of the best solos on WOF imo. I know you feel the same way about BG but I'm cool with TFG :lol:

You are right that TFG has a good solo, but I like Stone Blinds better, that song is imo better overall. But that riff in the bridge of TFG is also really awesome

12 hours ago, moreblack said:

Frank is certainly welcome.. But I'll keep Duff.. His punchy bass and backup vocals help define the Guns sound. 

6 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Myles described that era with him singing some GNR songs as 'cringeworthy' :D

Did he really?

Slash Ft Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators - Qudos Bank Arena Sydney 28th Jan 2019

Setlist:
The Call of the Wild
Halo
Standing in the Sun
Ghost
Back From Cali
Bent To Fly
My Antidote
Serve You Right
Read Between The Lines
We're All Gonna Die
Dr. Alibi
The One You Loved Is Gone
Wicked Stone
Mind Your Manners
Driving Rain
By the Sword
Nightrain
Starlight
You're a Lie
World on Fire

Encore:

Shadow Life
Anastasia

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Slash Ft Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators - Qudos Bank Arena Sydney 28th Jan 2019

Setlist:
The Call of the Wild
Halo
Standing in the Sun
Ghost
Bent To Fly
My Antidote
Serve You Right
Read Between The Lines
We're All Gonna Die
Dr. Alibi
The One You Loved Is Gone
Wicked Stone
Mind Your Manners
Driving Rain
By the Sword
Nightrain
Starlight
You're a Lie
World on Fire

Encore:

Shadow Life
Anastasia

Fuck what a show....i went last night, this band is just killer!. Slash smiled a fair bit during the show because the band were so in the pocket and just loved playing together.  I loved slashs tone that was being heard. His playing was on another level than guns. If people are seeing him on the tour you will not be disappointed.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

I haven't heard a bad opinion on SMKC show during LTD Tour so far. With so many GNR/VR/SS songs taken out from the set, people who actually go to see the concert are indeed familiar with SMKC material and know what to expect from the band. It's a very healthy relationship between SMKC and their fanbase :) 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 3