[Poll] What's your favorite track on "Living The Dream"?

Swedish

[Poll] What's your favorite track on "Living The Dream"?  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After listening this album to death I can say now my opinion about it. It is pretty weak album. In comparision I like World on Fire album and Apocalyptic love from which I prefer WOF. Too bad. Im still into seeing them live, maybe it will change my mind about the songs in the album.

49 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

So Mind Your Manners sounds like The One You Loved Is Gone and The One You Loved Is Gone sounds like Great Pretender and Great Pretender sounds like Sugar Cane? 

If you played it for me and said "This is track 1, and this is track 3 and this is track 9..."

I'd just have to trust you.  It's better than WoF, but it really runs together for me.  The first Album did NOT.  I thought it was really good, even though I'm not a Miles fan.  After the first album, it all just sounds like Slash jamming to the beat, while someone sticks a hot poker up an alley cat's ass (You only would disagree that Miles sounds like an alley cat with a hot poker up its ass if you've never shoved a hot poker up an alley cat's ass. This is science.)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Free Bird said:

The fact alone that you call Myles Miles proves that you're just trolling

So misspelling the name of someone I'm straight up telling you I'm not a fan of says what, exactly?  I actually know how to spell his name, but I don't really give a fuck about him, and I wasn't really thinking about it. What is the bizarre reasoning behind me liking all of Izzy's solo stuff, Slash's solo album, both Snakepit albums, all of Duff's solo/other bands, the first album with Myles, BUT "trolling" that I thought the 2 follow up albums with Myles are garbage? 

Actually, never mind. I don't give a fat frogs ass.  If it makes you feel good about yourself to think I'm secretly a fan and that he's an elite front man on a truly special album, good for you.  Have fun in pretend land.   I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by saying 2 of the 3 albums with Myles are bland.  Clearly, I'm the only person who has ever said that.  I think you might have gotten confused and though you were on the Alterbridge forums?  I accept your apology.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

So misspelling the name of someone I'm straight up telling you I'm not a fan of says what, exactly?  I actually know how to spell his name, but I don't really give a fuck about him, and I wasn't really thinking about it. What is the bizarre reasoning behind me liking all of Izzy's solo stuff, Slash's solo album, both Snakepit albums, all of Duff's solo/other bands, the first album with Myles, BUT "trolling" that I thought the 2 follow up albums with Myles are garbage? 

Actually, never mind. I don't give a fat frogs ass.  If it makes you feel good about yourself to think I'm secretly a fan and that he's an elite front man on a truly special album, good for you.  Have fun in pretend land.   I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by saying 2 of the 3 albums with Myles are bland.  Clearly, I'm the only person who has ever said that.  I think you might have gotten confused and though you were on the Alterbridge forums?  I accept your apology.

Don't worry it's obvious that you don't like the music. Never thought otherwise. Why would you say you don't like it if you do?

However, saying all the songs sounding the same is plain bullshit regardless if you like the songs, if you know them by name or their numbering.

Continuing misspelling the singers name after 8 years is like people spelling Axl Axel. That to me is just trolling and not a respectful behavior.

And I'm saying that as someone who thinks LTD suffers a lot from Myles and as someone who truly wishes Slash will work with a different singer on his next record. 

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

That statment is rubbish as this album is the most diverse one out of three... Each song has it's own characteristics and is recognizable by it's own. If someone says that it's all the same it's pretty obvious that he didn't give a proper listen and had negative attitude towards that album even before listening to it. 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2018 at 8:27 AM, Ralphelmo said:

That statment is rubbish as this album is the most diverse one out of three... Each song has it's own characteristics and is recognizable by it's own. If someone says that it's all the same it's pretty obvious that he didn't give a proper listen and had negative attitude towards that album even before listening to it. 

I respect your opinion but I couldn't disagree more. I love Slash and wanted to love this album like I did everything else he has done but this one is different. I didn't find it diverse at all.  I found it very boring and it really does all sound the same.  This is mostly due to Myles... Easily my least favorite album Slash has ever been on.  I listened on my laptop and Echo a bunch of times but when the CD came in the mail from Amazon I never even opened the package.  From what I have heard I actually like the Monsters soundtrack thing much more and I am bummed that I cannot buy a physical copy of it.

So much difference in opinion on this album it's starting to get quite entertaining reading it all. I thought the album was great, just a bit pissed they are not coming to Ireland. Serve you right is such a f#cking awesome rock song and The great pretender will never get old imo. Roll on the next album (hopefully gnr)

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2018 at 1:48 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I respect your opinion but I couldn't disagree more. I love Slash and wanted to love this album like I did everything else he has done but this one is different. I didn't find it diverse at all.  I found it very boring and it really does all sound the same.  This is mostly due to Myles... Easily my least favorite album Slash has ever been on.  I listened on my laptop and Echo a bunch of times but when the CD came in the mail from Amazon I never even opened the package.  From what I have heard I actually like the Monsters soundtrack thing much more and I am bummed that I cannot buy a physical copy of it.

Always respected your opinion on this forum Tom-Ass but this was easily the best one IMO (I am excluding 2010 as it's a solo record) & if I am correct the only one with a proper ballad. I even felt it had a little Axl about it. 

1 hour ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Always respected your opinion on this forum Tom-Ass but this was easily the best one IMO (I am excluding 2010 as it's a solo record) & if I am correct the only one with a proper ballad. I even felt it had a little Axl about it. 

I have been meaning to give it another try and will sometime soon.   People really seem to go go either one way or the other on this one..  There are some really positive posts on this forum but the Slash fans outside of here I have talked to were disappointed.  Some songs have been coming up on my shuffle from WOF lately and those still sound really good to me.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have been meaning to give it another try and will sometime soon.   People really seem to go go either one way or the other on this one..  There are some really positive posts on this forum but the Slash fans outside of here I have talked to were disappointed.  Some songs have been coming up on my shuffle from WOF lately and those still sound really good to me.  

Don't force it. It's weak. I don't have to wring my hands about Ain't Life Grand... I don't have to slap my face and psyche myself up for It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere.... if I'm hitting the treadmill I don't wince when Avalon or Anastasia come on... If I'm trying to pickup some new guitar chops I don't have to endure Wicked Stone. There's no time for somber re-evaluations in this game, baby.

You're not gonna gain some profound new love of Sugar Cane driving home next week. 

World On Fire > Apocalyptic Love > Jagged Little Pill > Living The Dream.

Time to change the formula, boys.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Ant said:

Time to change the formula, boys.

And formula equals Myles.. Even guitarwise I find this album kind of weak for Slash but no doubt these songs could be stronger with a better singer. Myles is just a one trick pony.. He makes all the songs sound so redundant.. I got through over half the album again today..  Still very Meehh... About 3 or 4 decent songs on the whole thing but nothing great by any means. I was hoping for better.. Usually after I let an album sit for a few weeks after the initial handful of listens it gets better.. Didn't happen here..

Again.. Still a huge Slash fan.. He is the hero of the NITL tour.   Just not feeling this album and the next one might be the first one ever that I don't buy if Myles is behind the helm...

• 5 weeks later...

Just got the album last week, not because the bad vibe here !! But i had not the chance to get to a recordshop, gave it a spin in the car. my first impression was i don't no...... but WOF took also a while to grew on me, LTD is the same thing! At home i gave it another spin on my stereo, and cranked it up a bit :lol:  Lost inside the girl, the one you loved is gone and the great pretender are the songs that stand out the most, Driving rain is a good 4 . The album is not bad at all, its just a matter of taste. you hate it or love it, simply as that.  I need a couple more listenings, but i am already on the love side.

Thanks SMKC !!

• Like 2

On 12/15/2018 at 5:11 PM, Robert39 said:

Just got the album last week, not because the bad vibe here !! But i had not the chance to get to a recordshop, gave it a spin in the car. my first impression was i don't no...... but WOF took also a while to grew on me, LTD is the same thing! At home i gave it another spin on my stereo, and cranked it up a bit :lol:  Lost inside the girl, the one you loved is gone and the great pretender are the songs that stand out the most, Driving rain is a good 4 . The album is not bad at all, its just a matter of taste. you hate it or love it, simply as that.  I need a couple more listenings, but i am already on the love side.

Thanks SMKC !!

Driving Rain grew and grew and grew on me. It might be my favorite song on the record now (voted for Lost Inside the Girl on this poll) but especially knowing how to play it on guitar now brings it to a new place for me. It's so much fun to play

• 2 months later...