George H.W. Bush. RIP

Georgy Zhukov

I agree that it's a newsworthy event when a former president dies.  I just don't get upset when really old people die.  I liked Stan Lee a hell of a lot more than George Bush, but even then I just reacted by saying "Huh.  That's too bad.  Well, he had a hell of a run."

I never liked Bush, but I'm not one of these "ha ha good riddance" assholes.  I just think "Well, he had a hell of a run."

TRUE STORY:   He took a shower in my high school boy's locker room once and then got on a helicopter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

George HW Bush was a solid president.  I think one of the more underrated/underappreciated of the past 100 years or so....I believe history will look kindly upon his presidency.  He was a class act and lived a great life.  Rest in Peace.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

George HW Bush was a solid president.  I think one of the more underrated/underappreciated of the past 100 years or so....I believe history will look kindly upon his presidency.  He was a class act and lived a great life.  Rest in Peace.  

He may have been our last great wartime President. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I'm sure the families of the 290 civilian victims of Iran Air flight 655 would also consider him a class act and one of the good guys.

I'm afraid there's not one world leader who doesn't have the blood of innocent people on his hands.

But I don't recall him being particularly popular back in the day, at least not here. It gets cringeworthy when Clinton says his friendship was one of the most beautiful things in his life. Really? Ugh, makes me want to puke when people have to exaggerate eulogies like that. Who would believe that anyway? Drama queens. Like others said, he was 94. His death was hardly a tragedy.

5 hours ago, Lio said:

I'm afraid there's not one world leader who doesn't have the blood of innocent people on his hands.

But I don't recall him being particularly popular back in the day, at least not here. It gets cringeworthy when Clinton says his friendship was one of the most beautiful things in his life. Really? Ugh, makes me want to puke when people have to exaggerate eulogies like that. Who would believe that anyway? Drama queens. Like others said, he was 94. His death was hardly a tragedy.

Well, Bush wasn't President at the time of the incident, just VP, but he argued in favour of it at the United Nations, stated repeatedly "I don't care what the facts are... I'm not an apologise-for-America kind of guy" and gave the commander responsible a medal once he was in power.

An expression of regret was eventually issued under the Clinton administration.

But, y'know, forgive me for not bowing down in admiration over here.

2 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Well, Bush wasn't President at the time of the incident, just VP, but he argued in favour of it at the United Nations, stated repeatedly "I don't care what the facts are... I'm not an apologise-for-America kind of guy" and gave the commander responsible a medal once he was in power.

An expression of regret was eventually issued under the Clinton administration.

But, y'know, forgive me for not bowing down in admiration over here.

You don't have to ask me for forgiveness :lol: I'm no Bush admirer.

I was merely pointing out that there isn't any 'clean' world leader, I wasn't defending Bush.

In a town close to where I grew up, during World War II over 900 civilians (among them 250 children) died in friendly fire by US bombs. It was all hushed up and for many decades, only that town remembered and mourned its dead. No one got the blame for that either. Collateral damage. No regrets, no apologies. I'm sure there are countless tragedies like that.

On 03/12/2018 at 10:30 PM, Lio said:

You don't have to ask me for forgiveness :lol: I'm no Bush admirer.

I was merely pointing out that there isn't any 'clean' world leader, I wasn't defending Bush.

In a town close to where I grew up, during World War II over 900 civilians (among them 250 children) died in friendly fire by US bombs. It was all hushed up and for many decades, only that town remembered and mourned its dead. No one got the blame for that either. Collateral damage. No regrets, no apologies. I'm sure there are countless tragedies like that.

I agree with this, listen, all these cunts are fuckin' crooked as a barrel of fuckin' solicitors but end of the day a mans a man innit, I'm not happy when anyone dies, I don't get this 'whys it tragic, he was old', well, the entire circle of life has its inherent tragic aspect as well as its heartwarming aspect, one dies, anothers born etc.  But more than anything else I feel it would reflect rather poorly on me as a human being if I, outside of just joking, seriously wished ill on someone else didn't give a fuck if they died.  Even when someone supremely fuckin' evil dies I don't feel glad.  Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Ted Bundy, Richard Ramierez, I don't see what there is to whoop it up about.  I still think its sad on some level, that one from among our species was born, grew evil, did evil and then was executed or else died some other way, I don't see that there's anything to celebrate, like when all those people had a party when Maggie Thatcher died, now I'm no fuckin' Thatcherite by any means but fuckin' hell, come on, some old lady has just died and you're pleased about it, what does that say about you?  I mean, if I'm walking about a funeral procession or past a church and someones died I take my earphones out or take my hat or whatever, its a mark of respect y'know, now I don't know the cunt, he might've been a fuckin' pedo or the Unabombers unapprehended accomplice, thats not the point though, it ain't about him, he's brown bread, its about me and my not acting like a cunt. 

Its important to have a bit of fuckin' class about these things (a bit of fuckin' class, well done :lol: )

Edited by Len Cnut

I understand what you're saying and agree to an extent. But on the other hand respect has to be earned and this horrible prick is having gaudy nauseating lies sugarcoating him. So the right thing is just to have lies painting a pretty picture+silence, is it?

I agree that bullshit eulogies that make a saint of a sinner are wrong but there's a difference between that and going 'haha, the cunts dead' :lol:  There's a middle ground y'know, everyone knows what Bush was about, its in the history books, I ain't sayin' suck him off, I'm just sayin'...well, you know what I'm sayin'.